Closing Time!!

The CM and the manager stated "we don't give out membership numbers over the phone", I was pretty insistent on getting it and they wouldn't give it to me. We were going on a week vacation and wanted to get it to look around on the reservation website while on vacation. But I guess we will have to wait, just stinks because we are in our 11 month window for our vacation next spring. I explained this to them, to no avail.

Just called and all I got was "a letter will be mailed 30 days after closing and you'll know it's been transferred. Have a magical day."

We had no luck over the phone either, we tried multiple times! Some CMs were definitely more willing to share info with us than others. We were all set to call again last Friday, but that's when our Membership # finally came in the mail!

We had no luck over the phone either, we tried multiple times! Some CMs were definitely more willing to share info with us than others. We were all set to call again last Friday, but that's when our Membership # finally came in the mail!
Great to hear that, hope our # is in the mail by the time we get back from vacation.

My deed was recorded 6/29 and I keep hoping my new home and points will pop up in my existing account. Is that how it happens? I have different use years. There are banked points that need to be used and things are booking up SO quickly!

My deed was recorded 6/29 and I keep hoping my new home and points will pop up in my existing account. Is that how it happens? I have different use years. There are banked points that need to be used and things are booking up SO quickly!
I think you have to wait for DVC to do the transfer after it gets a copy of the recorded deed, and then have them enter it into the system.

I wasn't very clear with my question. I understand that as a post April 4th purchaser via resale that I no longer have access to full member benefits. Do I still receive a membership card or do you only receive the card if you purchase direct or if you made your purchase prior to April 4, 2016?

That's been a question a lot of people are asking. The rumors we've been hearing are those who buy freaked after the deadline will not get a membership card which is what is used to get the perks. But I haven't heard anyone who did deals after the deadline finishing yet so it's still a bit questionable.

The DVC organization recently changed the policy about member benefits. If you purchase directly you will receive all the benefits of membership including the disney adventures, disney collection, DCL Cruise and RCI Exchange programs. As well you also receive the dining and merchandise discounts, annual pass discounts, and access to many DVC events and partys.

If you buy as a resale now, you lose access to everything except the RCI Exchange. Those members will not have access to the partys and special events supposedly but everyone is still waiting to see how much they plan to exclude everyone from as this only was changed in April and anyone with accepted offers were grandfathered.
You ARE able to use RCI with resale. You can't use the Disney or Concierge collection.

I asked my broker about the seller's fees today and he said that yes they would be charged, but that they could only do so much to try and collect those fees. He didn't sound hopeful either that they would even be able to collect. My question is what will the seller's be charged to keep their contract? Anyone have experience with this?
It really is a shame that the sellers can do this. If a buyer backs out, they have a deposit to retain. Sellers don't pay an upfront fee, so collecting would be difficult. I guess the sellers know that you would have to sue ( which most of us won't go to the trouble or expense to do). It would be nice to come up with a buyer protection plan.

Called today and they gave me my member id which is apparently different from my member number lol. All logged in and ready to book a trip now! Woo hoo! What a long drawn out process this has been lol.
I have always had great luck getting very helpful people. I just press the number to book a vacation and then hit 0. Once I get a person they are able to look it up no problem although they do ask for a ton of info to verify you are you.

Called today and they gave me my member id which is apparently different from my member number lol. All logged in and ready to book a trip now! Woo hoo! What a long drawn out process this has been lol.
I have always had great luck getting very helpful people. I just press the number to book a vacation and then hit 0. Once I get a person they are able to look it up no problem although they do ask for a ton of info to verify you are you.

Congrats. Did you choose option 2 or 3? I have seen them both mentioned. IIRC I was recorded a day before you (6/22) so I will try and call tomorrow.

Congrats. Did you choose option 2 or 3? I have seen them both mentioned. IIRC I was recorded a day before you (6/22) so I will try and call tomorrow.
Yes when I checked the county comptroller's site I recorded 6/23 so you should be in there too.
I believe it said press 2 if you arent trying to book some member get together, then it was 1 to book a trip 2 to change your account and 3 for accounting. I pressed 1. It goes through a bunch of options- new res, change res, etc... I just pressed zero. Itll ring thru and then It asks for your info. I entered whatever it asked (phone number, zip code, last 4 of ssn) and then got to a cast member.

Once I got them, I just explained I never got my welcome packet and was looking to get my info so I could get into the website. They go thru the id questions- name, phone number, address, email, which resort and #of points you bought- then they gave me the info.
I was a little disappointed how little availability there was for the weeks I was looking at going (early november to wdw and I was too early for my early march trip to aulani), I may end up having to swap the two trips to make the dates work better. Anyway, good luck, I had 3 different people all be very helpful and no one ever said they couldnt do it.

So, my husband spoke with our broker this week and we found out that we are purchasing from a divorced couple, one of them signed and returned the closing documents right away, the other has yet to sign. She has until July 19th. Why would you agree on our offer if you're going to do something like this? I'm so frustrated and disappointed. The broker told us if she doesn't sign by July 19, we can pull out of the sale without any penalty. So, we'll just lose 2 months worth of time. No big deal, right??:(

We saw our new contract show up on our dashboard under "manage vacation points" one day but no new points. 24 hours later the points appeared. Now with a different UY that may take an extra step because you will have a new member number and they have to create a different account.

I was anxiously waiting to get our points to get a 1 bedroom in early September and watched availability dry up. Our points finally appeared and suddenly 5 nights at BWV opened up. Hang in there!

So, my husband spoke with our broker this week and we found out that we are purchasing from a divorced couple, one of them signed and returned the closing documents right away, the other has yet to sign. She has until July 19th. Why would you agree on our offer if you're going to do something like this? I'm so frustrated and disappointed. The broker told us if she doesn't sign by July 19, we can pull out of the sale without any penalty. So, we'll just lose 2 months worth of time. No big deal, right??:(

I'm sorry, this is something similar we experienced. Our sellers were divorcing and in separate states. The paperwork had to be redone and then one of the sellers took longer to get the paperwork in and when they did, it wasn't filled out properly and had to be redone. Hopefully they will get to it soon. I kept emailing our broker to check the status, maybe that would help?

For those wanting to know...found out today they are processing closings on 6/28! We closed 6/30, so I was hoping we would have our member number soon, only to find out the title company didn't send all the needed documents, looks like we get tossed back into the pile starting today if they get everything done.......Maybe one day I'll be able to book a vacation:bored:

For those wanting to know...found out today they are processing closings on 6/28! We closed 6/30, so I was hoping we would have our member number soon, only to find out the title company didn't send all the needed documents, looks like we get tossed back into the pile starting today if they get everything done.......Maybe one day I'll be able to book a vacation:bored:

Hang in there. This whole process has been a great experience in patience.

Wanted to give a quick update since all of you have been so helpful. Still nothing back from the seller's on the BWV contract. It's a bit ridiculous that we got this close to closing, only for the seller's to go MIA with no word to anyone. The BWV contract will be canceled tomorrow on our end. Meanwhile we've found another contract for BCV and our offer was accepted. The company we've been dealing with is great and all of our money (we had already sent in the full amount on the BWV contract) which is being held in escrow, will now just stay in escrow for this new contract we are trying to purchase. All money being held can just transfer from the cancelled contract to the new contract. Hopefully this can save some time. The new Beach Club contract can't close until Oct 3 though, so this will be another long waiting game for us. Even with the hiccups, resale still save thousands of $$, and we are willing to take the gamble.

Latest posts

facebook twitter