So here's an interesting twist. We are ten days after closing contract was received. Had sent ours with the certified check back to title company, the day after we received. Knowing advice from these boards, we expected the seller to take somewhat longer. This morning (day ten) I decided to check in with the title company, and they advised they still hadn't received the sellers packet. I called the broker, who called the seller, and found out they "hadn't noticed the email" of the closing packet ten days ago. They apologized and promised to get it done tomorrow. So moral of story- stay "on it" on the resales. You don't want to be "that guy" who is harassing the broker. But if I hadn't called today, apparently my contract would still be delayed indefinitely. Wish me luck from here on out, but it sounds like things will finally proceed.