(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for laying it out like this. Newbies like me get all the info wrong, based on what people tell me.... for instance, I was told that refillable mugs are good at all resorts for the duration of your stay, so I might have broken the rules without even intending to do so! I certainly want to follow the rules, but it's amazing the wrong information that you can be fed. Same with pool hopping, I was planning to do it because I was told that was one of the "perks" of staying on Disney property, that you are allowed access to all the pools... but now I've read a little and I know better. But, again, I would have been breaking the rules and not even meaning to! :scared1:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :worship:

Kinda shocked they didn't change them. I buy new ones each year..

Updated original post with info about the Dolphin/Picabu refillable mug and pictures of the current Disney mugs.

does anyone have a pic of the Picabu mugs

The Picabu mug is now in the first post of this thread.. (it was also on the previous page in a goofy4tink post)

No new design this year? :sad1: That stinks!! We were there in October of last year and got the mugs then and we usually buy them as our souvenirs. I don't drink soda, coffee of tea (just water) so it's pointless for me to get a new one to use for drinks. Guess I'll have to look for something else.

Weird. You say you went last Oct and your mug looks like the OP? We were at CSR in Feb and mine look different. Same style mug with colored handles and red back ground...but it has all the characters on it.

Weird. You say you went last Oct and your mug looks like the OP? We were at CSR in Feb and mine look different. Same style mug with colored handles and red back ground...but it has all the characters on it.

Sorry, it looks like the one in the link posted in a previos thread.

This link:

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/02/11/new-walt-disney-world-resort-mugs/

I wasn't thinking when I posted last night that the pic wasn't posted in this thread but was linked through another page. Our are the same as the ones you describe.

Ok so now I am confused... LOL Doesn't take much I guess.

In May of 09 we got the ones that fir the cars. White on the bottom, black red, or yellow handles are these the same ones for this year?

Ok so now I am confused... LOL Doesn't take much I guess.

In May of 09 we got the ones that fir the cars. White on the bottom, black red, or yellow handles are these the same ones for this year?

No. The new ones (since last summer) are the same all the way down...no longer smaller on the bottom. The design is on 100% of the cup now.

Sorry if I added to the confusion :rolleyes1

This is the mug we have and we were there in October 2009.

hallofpresidents014a.jpg

CanadianGuy - refillable mugs are also available at Disney's Vero Beach resort
(in case you wish to add that to your list)

If you purchased them in the year 2000 or before then I would say yes they are good on future visits. Plus since you stated these mugs don't have any rules written on them un like the ones currently being sold, others have stated those types of mugs are ok to bring back.
So I have a 1995 Poly mug, my All Star Sports mugs from 1996 & 1998, ASMu 1999 & 2000 also are possible re-fillable for life?
That would be Sweet!! Is there a way to confirm. I have seen these mugs used at the reorts and assumed these people were breaking rules.

So I have a 1995 Poly mug, my All Star Sports mugs from 1996 & 1998, ASMu 1999 & 2000 also are possible re-fillable for life?
That would be Sweet!! Is there a way to confirm. I have seen these mugs used at the reorts and assumed these people were breaking rules.
I would say yes because like I said before others have mentioned the mugs with no rules written on them are the ones which are ok to use again. However what I forgot to mention is since those are resort logo mugs you can only use them at the resort where you purchased them at, although I am sure most people would realize that.

So does this fit in your car cupholder??

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in our "regular" car cup holder without tipping a little since it doesn't go all the way down in the cup holder. The handle prevents it from sitting all the way down in there. Thankfully our cup holders come out to reveal "super size" cup holders (I guess for all the super size cups you get at fast food places :confused3) and it fits in there better.

It would be nice if Disney changed up the designs a little more frequently on the mugs. I do realize that they order so much stock and need to sell it out before getting new mugs, but many people go for trips every year (some more frequently). I can see how a lot of people would be tempted to break the rules and just bring their mug from the last trip if the design hasn't changed. We have a family of 5 and it's not that appealing to have to buy five more refillable mugs that look just like the ones be bought last year (don't really need/want 10 identical disney travel mugs - although I would buy new ones - I'm too much of a goody goody to break the rules!). I would even think they could sell more mugs if they brought in less stock of each design and changed them up more frequently since a lot of people are collectors and would be after the latest mugs. Just a thought ...

If a mug was bought as 'good for life', it is only at that particular resort. If you bought one at AllStar Movies, then it is going to be good only there...nowhere else.
I have 3 good forever mugs from DxLs...I would assume that I could bring them back to POR and use them again, even though the name changed. But would I? Nope. Way too much trouble.

All I know is that when I bought refillable mugs in 1997 at the Polynesian, in 1999 at POFQ, 2000 at GF, there were signs posted over the mug stations (where all the brand new mugs were stacked up) that stated the mugs were only good for the duration of the trip at the resort they were bought. Length of stay only. There was nothing written on the mugs, but I was very aware of the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter