(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE all the updates :thumbsup2 Sorry about that deluxe room, but glad you posted the info. We've been thinking about one of those rooms :scratchin not so sure now...especially because of the price.

Great Poly pics, too. The construction by the monorail is actually worse than when we were there. Crazy. Unbelievable, actually.

And the waterfall at the WL seems to be coming along nicely! Much more done than I expected.

So how do we get a sneak peek of all those fabulous YC pictures of yours popcorn:: Do I need to venture over to the YC thread??? Or did I miss something along the way???....which is highly possible.

Hi Kook-
Thanks for the feedback. I wish it was that easy to change resorts. I finally called the number on the letter and was basically told we have to "eat" the cost difference to move to GF.

We were offered a rate reduction to stay at WL, or move dates and pay the air cancellation fees.

This is good information for anyone who is sticking with WL.

Since we're talking about rehabs, I thought I'd make everyone feel better about the upcoming WL pool rehab by posting some photos I took a couple of weeks ago at the Poly. Keep in mind that these photos don't show the Nanea (Volcano) Pool rehab which will begin in a couple of weeks through 2015. I have to say that the resort actually looks worse in person. In fact, I am amazed that they haven't closed down the resort during the extensive resort-wide rehab. I know that has its own set of logistical issues with staff, guests, etc… but IMHO, it's unfit for guests. The resort is a mess from stem to stern. Even the entrance is a mess with fencing, no landscaping at all, road/parking lot closures and temporary signs.

Thanks for the Poly pics. I can't believe how torn up the resort is. I'm sure everything will be beautiful when it's finished, but that's a mess right now for sure :(.

This might be the perfect time for today's TR installment:
WL RESORT-BRANDED MERCHANDISE;)

SPOILER ALERT: I didn't notice any new merchandise. In fact, there seemed to be less. But, this is how it is at all the resorts. There is less and less (or none at all at CR) resort-branded merchandise. Poly still seems to have the most (of the Deluxe resorts).

Thanks for the merchandise pics :). I am so sad that so much resort branded merchandise has been taken away as I love buying things specific to the resort we're staying at.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

12 days and counting down...:hourglass

I am hoping one of you recent visitors can help me as Google has let me down!

DH has suddenly decided he wants a pair of Mickey swim shorts. (Second childhood or something happening here!) Does any place in the World sell adult swim shorts? Apparently that will be the first order of business when we arrive.

Thanks for any help! I'd ask for advice on second childhood but if it means I get 2 WDW trips per year, I'll take it! :woohoo:

Liz

I have a question that I hope someone can answer quickly. If I book a Courtyard view, it says the view is of "Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay lake".

So are there a lot of those rooms that do not have at least some (sideways, I realize) view of Bay Lake? It was my understanding that a CY room was going to give me at least some view of Bay Lake (so my kids could see the water show). Am I wrong about that??

Thanks!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

12 days and counting down...:hourglass

I am hoping one of you recent visitors can help me as Google has let me down!

DH has suddenly decided he wants a pair of Mickey swim shorts. (Second childhood or something happening here!) Does any place in the World sell adult swim shorts? Apparently that will be the first order of business when we arrive.

Thanks for any help! I'd ask for advice on second childhood but if it means I get 2 WDW trips per year, I'll take it! :woohoo:

Liz

They sell Swimwear in the Mercantile at WL.
I know they have swimshorts...not a variety, just black with a white mickey silhouette on it. I got a swimshirt (for when we dive) I can take a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like.
I tried to get DH to get a pair, but they have underwear inside and he refuses to wear shorts that have them.

This is the silhouette on the left leg of the shorts.

Under 30 days!! My MBs are shipping soon. The clutter of sunscreens and moleskin, etc. on my dining room table is an everyday reminder of the reality. I am not ready! Still so much more to buy. I kind of had to buy an entire summer wardrobe since I am not comfortable wearing my old stretchy bike shorts and tshirt outfits from former summer trips. We haven't been there in the summertime for 12 years and it seems like there is so much more to buy than for a winter trip.
KOOK- thanks for all your updates. I am hoping that after your experience with the Deluxe room, your December trip will be especially magical! I was also happy to read about the Lysol wipes. ( I use Clorox) :) The TV remote is the first thing I clean. I am going to ask my DD's help in the 2BR villa. That is a lot of surface area to sanitize!
It is sad to see the Polynesian looking like that. The Kona Cafe is always on our list of spontaneous places to eat because we like to visit the Poly and reminisce about our earlier trips, but I think we will skip that this year.
Happy Planning everyone!

They sell Swimwear in the Mercantile at WL.
I know they have swimshorts...not a variety, just black with a white mickey silhouette on it. I got a swimshirt (for when we dive) I can take a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like.
I tried to get DH to get a pair, but they have underwear inside and he refuses to wear shorts that have them.

This is the silhouette on the left leg of the shorts.

Thank you SO much! :worship:

I'll show him the picture this evening. I think that is what he was looking for and the fact that it's available at WL is even better! A trip to DTD on arrival day after an 8 hour drive was NOT making me feel magical.

My dreams of a MK train ride followed by a Dole Whip and/or a Cake Cup and Cobbler are still alive!

Liz

Good luck everyone who has decided to stay! I posted earlier that I didn't get anywhere with calling but I called back and after 2 hours we were moved to GF.

Hubby and I will be BBing to WL at the end of March/early April unless we love GF too much!

Under 30 days!! My MBs are shipping soon. The clutter of sunscreens and moleskin, etc. on my dining room table is an everyday reminder of the reality. I am not ready! Still so much more to buy. I kind of had to buy an entire summer wardrobe since I am not comfortable wearing my old stretchy bike shorts and tshirt outfits from former summer trips. We haven't been there in the summertime for 12 years and it seems like there is so much more to buy than for a winter trip.
KOOK- thanks for all your updates. I am hoping that after your experience with the Deluxe room, your December trip will be especially magical! I was also happy to read about the Lysol wipes. ( I use Clorox) :) The TV remote is the first thing I clean. I am going to ask my DD's help in the 2BR villa. That is a lot of surface area to sanitize!
It is sad to see the Polynesian looking like that. The Kona Cafe is always on our list of spontaneous places to eat because we like to visit the Poly and reminisce about our earlier trips, but I think we will skip that this year.
Happy Planning everyone!
Wow! We're practically going the same time, also under 30 (29 days to be exact). We're also awaiting our MBs. Have an awesome trip! :goodvibes

Happy Planning everyone!

I feel your excitement! Planning does help pass the time.

Since this trip was such short notice, our bands shipped almost immediately. I took pictures and texted them to our DS who is joining us for part of our October trip and his immediate question was where do I get those! (He's 28 and he and DH plan to "drink around the World" again this year!)

Time passes quickly and it will be here before you know it!

Liz

Just got an awesome deal from my TA for Marathon Weekend. Even added an extra day to our reservation! Sure hope we like the lodge!

Good luck everyone who has decided to stay! I posted earlier that I didn't get anywhere with calling but I called back and after 2 hours we were moved to GF.

Hubby and I will be BBing to WL at the end of March/early April unless we love GF too much!

I think you will love the GF. It's our favorite (unless WL changes our mind!) Enjoy your planning and the trip!

Liz

How many calls did it take? What did you ask for, exactly? Guest services or the CM who answered the phone?

How many calls did it take? What did you ask for, exactly? Guest services or the CM who answered the phone?

2 calls...I just explained my frustration. I talked to a CM and then was moved to GS. Feel free to chat with me over in the WL mess thread...I'll be over there later on to explain. But it was a loooong conversation, over 2 hours.

2 calls...I just explained my frustration. I talked to a CM and then was moved to GS. Feel free to chat with me over in the WL mess thread...I'll be over there later on to explain. But it was a loooong conversation, over 2 hours.

Wow! Yes, I am following that thread too. :)
Part of me says take a chance that it will be finished for our trip or at least during our trip. The other part says change resorts since we have been saving WL for so long to stay at on a winter trip. I don't want to be disappointed. The other resort options at this point tho, with free dining, are substantially more expensive. We are a family of 5, so our options are limited.

Wow! Yes, I am following that thread too. :)
Part of me says take a chance that it will be finished for our trip or at least during our trip. The other part says change resorts since we have been saving WL for so long to stay at on a winter trip. I don't want to be disappointed. The other resort options at this point tho, with free dining, are substantially more expensive. We are a family of 5, so our options are limited.

What are your dates?

I feel your excitement! Planning does help pass the time.

Since this trip was such short notice, our bands shipped almost immediately. I took pictures and texted them to our DS who is joining us for part of our October trip and his immediate question was where do I get those! (He's 28 and he and DH plan to "drink around the World" again this year!)

Time passes quickly and it will be here before you know it!

Liz

My DD is also 28 and she and her BF want us to drink around the World with them too! Normally, I would just order beer, but I think that may be too filling and I couldn't get through more than 1-2 countries. I would happily take suggestions on this topic! Not too filling and not too sweet. :)

Has anyone here ridden 7DMT? KOOK? I have heard it is pretty mild as far as coasters go, but I am wondering if it does one of those sudden stops that coasters do at the bottom of an incline. I probably won't ride it ( because of my back) but I would really love to see the inside. We have FP+s for 2 of our 8 days, so even using those I don't think I would get to do all of the pre-ride activities. The musical one is what I most want to do.

Another question: has anyone used a portable battery charger? If I decide to get memory maker and use my phone,(instead of carrying around a camera) , I realize that between photos and MDE I will drain the life out of my battery very quickly. I am trying to tour with the least amount of weight in my bag as possible. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the OT questions, but like a previous poster said, this too is my Disney home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter