(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Newbie to this thread with a few questions if you don't mind.

We stayed at the BC last year and looking to stay at the CR on our next stay. Previous to this we have stayed POFQ and loved the size, easiness to get to amenities and other parks. We would stay here again but like the deluxe room sizes.

While we loved the location of the BC to Epcot and the pool was amazing, we feel being closer to MK would benefit us next time. The only down side to our room at the BC was it took ages to get to the pool/transportation.

Is the resort quite compact for the size of it? E.g getting to pool/eating areas/transportation?

So Q1 is how long does it take to get to the pool if we are in a tower room and how long to transportation?

Q2 talking of transportation, it states that the monorail starts at 8am to Epcot, how do we get there for am EMH? Would we use the ADR bus? How long to AK/DHS on the bus, we will have a car so is it best to drive to these parks for quickness, I know DTD would prob be a long journey as it is from any resort, even the BC took 45 mins and it's right next door!

Q3 what is the pool like, 12 & 4 yo when we go, the pool is obviously smaller to SAB but looks easily manageable so I can keep both kids confined to one area!

Q4 eating/drinking, is it easy to fill your mugs up before heading back to the room or do you go out of your way to get there? BC had the MP which we passed to get to our room but if we didn't have our mugs, which was most the time as we don't carry them to the parks, we had to go back to our room which was the furthest from MP and then go back again to get a drink!

Q5 can you hear/feel the monorail badly if your on a lower floor? What about those birds that get in?!?

Final Q, what are the rooms like? They look spacious and bonus having the day bed, we are a family of 4 but the 2 kids won't share a bed so the daybed is a must.

Thanks for any replies and advice.

X

If you are taking the ME and are not stopping to pick up any luggage..time from getting off the plane to arriving at the CR should be about an hour and a half...the usual bus route is to stop at WL then the CR..before heading on over to the Poly and GF...

We usually take an early morning flight..and make it to the MK in time for lunch...:goodvibes

Thanks! We are using ME, sorry, forgot to mention that.
The earliest flight we can get will have us landing at 10:20 so that should work out!

Asking for a friend... Is the beach area at CR okay for little kids to play in? I know you can't go in the water, but otherwise I didn't know there was a beach area until my wife told me... Even though we've stayed at the CR and BLT in the past. :confused3. I had to look at Kook's pics on page 1 to confirm it existed. :thumbsup2
A "friend" huh? Are you sure this isn't for your DW? JK. Very nice beach and you can even drag a pool chair out there and your friend can sit and watch the kids play. They used to have buckets and shovels over at the marina that you could ask for, but that was years ago so I don't know if they're available now.

We will there Sept 12-15...we are hoping to add another day onto the trip. Crossing my fingers my Mom will say she can handle getting the kids off to school for one morning for us. We are excited about being on the monorail too!!! I hope your trip is amazing as well :)
I'll add your dates to the Log-orail...welcome!

Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do. :confused3

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.
Welcome! I love the Bay Lake/Crescent Lake split! Always end on a high note though so if you're not doing CL at CR, then I'd do it first.

Hi all,

Newbie to this thread with a few questions if you don't mind.

We stayed at the BC last year and looking to stay at the CR on our next stay. Previous to this we have stayed POFQ and loved the size, easiness to get to amenities and other parks. We would stay here again but like the deluxe room sizes.

While we loved the location of the BC to Epcot and the pool was amazing, we feel being closer to MK would benefit us next time. The only down side to our room at the BC was it took ages to get to the pool/transportation.

Is the resort quite compact for the size of it? E.g getting to pool/eating areas/transportation?

So Q1 is how long does it take to get to the pool if we are in a tower room and how long to transportation?

It pretty much takes as long as it takes for the ride down in the elevator. The pool is just steps from the back door of the Tower and the elevator is just steps from the back door.

Q2 talking of transportation, it states that the monorail starts at 8am to Epcot, how do we get there for am EMH? Would we use the ADR bus? How long to AK/DHS on the bus, we will have a car so is it best to drive to these parks for quickness, I know DTD would prob be a long journey as it is from any resort, even the BC took 45 mins and it's right next door!
The monorail starts 30 minutes prior to opening for the park with EMH. So if Epcot EMH is at 0800, the monorail starts at 0730 instead of 0800.

Q3 what is the pool like, 12 & 4 yo when we go, the pool is obviously smaller to SAB but looks easily manageable so I can keep both kids confined to one area!
The pool has a nice slide and fountains and even hot tubs. There is a water feature next to it for your 4-year-old. There is plenty of poolside seating and a even a beach.

Q4 eating/drinking, is it easy to fill your mugs up before heading back to the room or do you go out of your way to get there? BC had the MP which we passed to get to our room but if we didn't have our mugs, which was most the time as we don't carry them to the parks, we had to go back to our room which was the furthest from MP and then go back again to get a drink!

The mug refill is located on the 4th floor at the Contempo Cafe. There are elevators right next door.

Q5 can you hear/feel the monorail badly if your on a lower floor? What about those birds that get in?!?
The vibration of the monorail has been reported from floors just above the monorail (TPV). You wouldn't really hear it though, other than perhaps the announcements.

Final Q, what are the rooms like? They look spacious and bonus having the day bed, we are a family of 4 but the 2 kids won't share a bed so the daybed is a must.
We think the rooms are wonderful. Some think storage space is limited, but there are drawers in the closets as well as a couple of large drawers next to the bed. There is also ample shelf space in the closets and storage space beneath both sinks. Every Tower room has a balcony and amazing views.

Thanks for any replies and advice.

X
I answered above in blue. Welcome to the thread!

So smart mama that I am, I made an ADR for 8 a.m. at EPCOT so that we can also get over to see Anna/Elsa with less of a wait! It just dawned on me that transportation probably won't get me there in time for early ADR! What are my options? Is cab the only option? Any idea on the cost of a cab from CR to EPCOT? My DH is not going to go for this if it costs a lot! LOL! Any other way to get there (we don't have a car)! Help! DD wants to see Frozen girls (I am still hoping another option opens up before August but not counting on it)

So smart mama that I am, I made an ADR for 8 a.m. at EPCOT so that we can also get over to see Anna/Elsa with less of a wait! It just dawned on me that transportation probably won't get me there in time for early ADR! What are my options? Is cab the only option? Any idea on the cost of a cab from CR to EPCOT? My DH is not going to go for this if it costs a lot! LOL! Any other way to get there (we don't have a car)! Help! DD wants to see Frozen girls (I am still hoping another option opens up before August but not counting on it)
There is an EARLY ADR BUS you can take:
Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

There is an EARLY ADR BUS you can take: Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Is this new? When we were there in July 2012 we had an 8:00 breakfast reservation at Akershus and we hopped on the monorail at the TTC (we walked from the Poly) around 7-7:15. Is it really not up and running until 8 now? Maybe we just got lucky that morning! ;-)

I've been working on editing the new thread since we're approaching jumbo status. I hope to have it up later this afternoon or tomorrow. I'll post the link here when it's official:)

WOO HOO!!! Awesome news! Thank you...my dream lives on! LOL!
HAHA - you're welcome.

Wasn't aware of this...thanks for the info WDWKOOK..and for all of the terrific info on this thread in general! :thumbsup2
Thank you for the nice comment about the thread. It helps me to read that since I'm in the throes of editing and re-posting:crazy2:

Is this new? When we were there in July 2012 we had an 8:00 breakfast reservation at Akershus and we hopped on the monorail at the TTC (we walked from the Poly) around 7-7:15. Is it really not up and running until 8 now? Maybe we just got lucky that morning! ;-)
I thought that only the Resort/Express monorail ran one hour prior to park opening for MK and that Epcot started at 8? I just did a search and found that most sites, other than the Disney site say this. However, the Disney site says that "all transportation to all parks begins one hour prior to opening," so since you've confirmed this, I think that you are correct. But for those with early ADRs that are on days that Epcot opens at 9, you'll need to take an early ADR bus, because the monorail wouldn't start until 8.

: I thought that only the Resort/Express monorail ran one hour prior to park opening for MK and that Epcot started at 8? I just did a search and found that most sites, other than the Disney site say this. However, the Disney site says that "all transportation to all parks begins one hour prior to opening," so since you've confirmed this, I think that you are correct. But for those with early ADRs that are on days that Epcot opens at 9, you'll need to take an early ADR bus, because the monorail wouldn't start until 8.[/QUOTE]

We must've gotten lucky. It was a 9:00 park opening with our 8:00 ADR. My girls are all about the princesses so we did Akershus and then booked it over to Soarin' before the park opened. It's neat seeing the park so empty....and great for pictures! I'll have to remember that this time around we will probably have to catch that bus!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well :) Planning is well under way. Just got my last ADR today and those are done!! So, just curious.. Has anyone here done the Sammy Duvall's personal water craft tour? My husband is really interested in doing it, and I think we might make a reservation for it. Just wondering if it is worth the price, and if it is a fun experience? Thanks!!

Just read today on Kenny The Pirate that the girls are moving to Fairytale Hall in MK starting in April so FP+!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter