(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same Tower Club Level room map I have in the CL section on the first page. The CW designation is still KING and CY QUEEN. You are correct that if you book a "King Standard Club Level Room - CW" You will be on the 14th floor with a TPV. There is only one Queen room on the BLV side. Tower Club views are by-request only and not bookable. So when are you booking it?!

It's booked for 12th fl Atrium CL but I didn't go for the discount because I want a guaranteed TPV... Had I booked the discount it would be by request only for the TPV
I have 2 more questions:
1. Will the reservations agent have that CW code??
2. Did the renovations to the 14th floor possibly move a king bed over to the BLV side??? Or possibly demolish a suite into 2 standard King bed rooms on the BL side???
That is my biggest fear that if I book for the 14th floor I'll get stuck without my view... Looking forward to the balcony fireworks.... And not having to jockey in position in the park or concierge lounge for a good view

It's booked for 12th fl Atrium CL but I didn't go for the discount because I want a guaranteed TPV... Had I booked the discount it would be by request only for the TPV
I have 2 more questions:
1. Will the reservations agent have that CW code??
2. Did the renovations to the 14th floor possibly move a king bed over to the BLV side??? Or possibly demolish a suite into 2 standard King bed rooms on the BL side???
That is my biggest fear that if I book for the 14th floor I'll get stuck without my view... Looking forward to the balcony fireworks.... And not having to jockey in position in the park or concierge lounge for a good view

I have hyperlinks to recent photos of the two (post-rehab) King Tower Club rooms HERE on the first page of the thread. They are both TPVs. No structural renovations/changes were done, only a soft room-suite rehab. The booking code that will appear on your reservation for a King Tower Club room is CW. CY is the Queen designation.

Atrium Club discounts have aways been available in my experience. They are usually included in General Public, AP, military, FL Resident, etc… discounts. The Tower Club rooms are harder to get with a discount because there are only 5 non-suite rooms which includes one HA room, 2 Kings and 3 Queens.

Am I assuming correctly that the Garden Wing Hospitality Suite does NOT come with club access?

Kari
Both the GW One Bedroom Suite and the Hospitality Suite do have CL access and I believe the access is to both the Atrium and Tower Club lounges, but I may be wrong about that.

Question....there was mention of the noise with the Electrical Water Pageant some posts back. Do any of you know if it's loud by the Garden Wing? Right now we are booked Garden Wing, Garden view, 2 rooms. I'm already contemplating surprising the family and bumping us to TPV....3 of the 6 in our family are lighter sleepers. Even if it's loud, it's not that long, correct? Thanks!!

I have hyperlinks to recent photos of the two (post-rehab) King Tower Club rooms HERE on the first page of the thread. They are both TPVs. No structural renovations/changes were done, only a soft room-suite rehab. The booking code that will appear on your reservation for a King Tower Club room is CW. CY is the Queen designation.

Our confirmation for the CR Tower Club this April doesn't specify a booking code--simply "Standard Room-King-Club Level." Because the TPV was important to me, I wanted to make sure that we were indeed booked in the Tower Club and not the Atrium Club, so I called, and was told that we were in fact on the Tower Club level. Maybe we don't have a booking code because we are room only--but I would sure feel better if we had one! I take my TPV seriously! Just a little nervous about arriving and finding we do NOT have a TPV after all.

We just got back from our stay at BLT. We were in rooms 7326 (standard view 1bedroom villa) and 7328 (standard studio). It doesn't look like you have pictures of those views. When I figure out how, I'll upload some pictures. The rooms themselves looked just like all the pictures I've already seen so I won't upload those. But we could see the castle and the fireworks nightly!

I haven't had a chance to read through, but I am joining. We decided to move from AKL to CR Tower Room Theme Park View. It was a difference of $16.00 so really a no brainer. Can't wait to watch MK fireworks from my balcony. So very excited!!

Last summer we stayed at POR and they have an amazing room assigner who accepts faxes and emails. I have allergy issues and he worked with us to make sure the room was deep cleaned prior to our arrival. Do they have anyone like this that I could speak to at BLT? Thanks!!

Our confirmation for the CR Tower Club this April doesn't specify a booking code--simply "Standard Room-King-Club Level." Because the TPV was important to me, I wanted to make sure that we were indeed booked in the Tower Club and not the Atrium Club, so I called, and was told that we were in fact on the Tower Club level. Maybe we don't have a booking code because we are room only--but I would sure feel better if we had one! I take my TPV seriously! Just a little nervous about arriving and finding we do NOT have a TPV after all.

The only 2 rooms on the 14th floor with a King bed are TPV rooms. My husband and I stayed in one last month, we have also stayed on the 12th floor. In my opinion, I would stay on the 12th floor, reason being is I could hear the family next door when we stayed on the 14th and in order to see the castle and fireworks from your room on the 14th you have to go out on the balcony and look right. On the 12th floor we were able to lay on the bed and watch the fireworks (can't remember if it was odd or even rooms you could do this with) and I found the rooms quieter. There was nothing wrong with the 14th floor we just really preferred the 12th.

So unfortunately Std view BLT is booked out for our dates :(

Am wondering what I should request for lake view…i don't want to be up too big with three kids…can I request lower floor and what is the view when I do that?? is it the same lake view as being up higher???

thanks in advance

Does anyone have a picture of the day beds that are in the rooms? I'm wondering if I can add a bed rail to the side?? Hoping to sleep my 4 year old there but don't want him rolling off and bashing his head in the middle of the night.

Thanks so much for the picture!! Looks low enough to the ground where I could put pillows around and he would be fine. Perfect!! Thanks again!!

Last summer we stayed at POR and they have an amazing room assigner who accepts faxes and emails. I have allergy issues and he worked with us to make sure the room was deep cleaned prior to our arrival. Do they have anyone like this that I could speak to at BLT? Thanks!!

DVC resorts do not accept faxes. You can add any requests to your reservation.

So unfortunately Std view BLT is booked out for our dates :(

Am wondering what I should request for lake view…i don't want to be up too big with three kids…can I request lower floor and what is the view when I do that?? is it the same lake view as being up higher???

thanks in advance

With lake view, you'll be on at least the sixth floor if I remember correctly. The lower floors are standard view.

Hi,
We are thinking of staying here in the fall and love the idea of walking to MK.

Can anyone tell me where you can refill your drink mugs? If we book the garden wing, do you have to go into the tower to refill them?

Do the elevators take awhile in tower? I haven't stayed here since I was little and my mom remembers it taking awhile. Also, was wondering how CL is here? We loved CL at the Poly.

Also, does anyone know if the quick service, Contempo will make grill cheese for kids? We have found some of the quick service will make it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter