(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think is the best way to get from BWI to Hoop Dee Doo Revue? Would it be walking to Epcot and taking a bus to the Wilderness Lodge (and then an internal bus to Fort Wilderness)? Or bussing to Magic Kingdom and then taking the boat to Fort Wilderness? Or something completely different? Any help would be appreciated!
The bus to MK - boat to FW is a nice choice
OR
I would walk or take a boat to DHS and then a bus to FW. Or I would take a cab. Which is definitely the choice I would recommend after dinner!
I would not walk all the way through Epcot and all the way to the buses! I would be a sweaty tired mess !

What a cute view CaliforniaDreaming! I hope we are atleast that lucky with our standard view!! How far away from the lobby and Boardwalk Bakery were you?

It was pretty close to the elevators, one floor up from the lobby. Its actually almost above the doors from the courtyard to the elevators/walkway to lobby.

To get to the bakery, you'd get on the elevator and go down to 1, then out the doors toward the village green, walk around Flying Fish and Kouzzina to get to it.

Overall, it really was a GREAT location!

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas from August 18 - 24. Looking forward to getting back "Home".

Thanks so much for the new page KOOK!!

Aug. 25 - Sept. 1! BWI! :cool1:

We'll be at BWI Sept. 15-22! It'll be our first stay there. We're so excited!:cheer2:

Made it to the new thread! I'll be at BWI for the first time next week! Arrive 6/17 - 6/23.:goodvibes

We'll be there on a NO KIDS visit July 14-18. Yahoooo!

Thanks to all of you for your help selecting BWI.

Why thank you Kook! :goodvibes I think that's the first ribbon I've received since 4th grade field day! :laughing:

I'd love to be added to the new Boardwalk Bulletin.
AKL/BWI Sept 24th-Oct1st

(I'm probably one of those peeps you'll list in magic eraser ink...:rotfl2:)

We will be there Sept 8-15!!! Arriving on the 7 TH but will stay in DTD resort on 7th

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Okay Kook, our BWI dates are August 3-10. I know people are going before us, but feel free to use your magic ink!

We'll be at the BWI CL, Aug 4-9th, traveling over from the YC...We're celebrating our eldest daughter's HS graduation and College acceptance, as well! :yay:

We'll be at BWV Oct 13-20! Can't wait! It's our 2nd time staying there. Not our favorite place but the location certainly makes up for it. It will also be our first F&W Festival!

Hi BW lovers! We will be staying at BWV from July 11-15th in a 2br before moving on to AKV Kidani for 3 nights. Our dd's are going to be so surprised!

We will be in a 1 br BWV Oct 10 - 15! First time at BWV, third time at the Boardwalk!

We'll be at BWI 7/26-8/2.:cheer2:

All of you have been added to the BoardWalk Bulletin - let the DISmeets begin:goodvibes

hi all. I have a question for anyone who has recently stayed at the bwi (club level or standard). I think it's been a few years now that renovations/refurbishments have been completed. so do the rooms seem to be in need of some sprucing up or do they still have that "newly refurbished" look? tia
Welcome! The last room soft rehab was in '09. I last stayed CL in March 2012 and we were in room 4261. It's a BoardWalk view room, just outside of the Innkeeper's Club door. I'm quite particular about room condition so IMHO, it no longer had a newly rehabbed look. I was in a WL room in August 2012 shortly after it had been rehabbed and the BWI room had much more wear than the WL room which had none.

These were the very minor issues I recall:

~The floor lamp that was next to the extra window was broken and wobbled.
~The extra window wouldn't close completely so rain blew in during a storm.
~There were crayon marks on the back of the bathroom door and bathroom wall.
~The ceiling above the vanity area had what appeared to be dirt, dust and/or mold.
~Carpet stain/wear near beds and entry.

Other than those relatively minor issues, I can't recall anything else. I think a lightbulb was burnt out which took a couple of days to replace. Housekeeping was very good.

What do you think is the best way to get from BWI to Hoop Dee Doo Revue? Would it be walking to Epcot and taking a bus to the Wilderness Lodge (and then an internal bus to Fort Wilderness)? Or bussing to Magic Kingdom and then taking the boat to Fort Wilderness? Or something completely different? Any help would be appreciated!
I vote for walk or boat to DHS and bus to FW. That option seems most relaxing and much cheaper than a cab;)

WOO HOO add me to the bulletin please.....8/9-14 CL Deluxe!

58 days & counting! DS12 has NO idea yet...can't wait! Still don't know how to pull of the surprise. I go to Disney frequently so as soon as we hit the airport he'll know. I might just wake him up & tell him to get dressed he's going to Disney World! I'll take any ideas or suggestions!
Since you think he'll know when he gets to the airport, presumably because he'll see that you're at the MCO gate? I would tell him that you're going to Orlando, but you're staying off-property and only going to Universal:rotfl:

Fantastic to see a new thread. I have some view photos to add - this is from BoardWalk Inn room #3296, a standard view:

To the left:
0084.JPG

To the right:
0093.JPG

The view straight ahead was just of a tree.
Welcome and thanks for posting your SV photos!

So, KOOK do I get a ribbon for being the last poster before you closed the previous thread? :yay:
Not only do you get a ribbon, but my apologies for closing the thread up on you:flower3:

41cLx%2Bf2aFL._SY300_.jpg

Or would you prefer this cool one?

star-wars-generations-party-supplies-award-ribbon-1.jpg

All of you have been added to the BoardWalk Bulletin - let the DISmeets begin:goodvibes

Since you think he'll know when he gets to the airport, presumably because he'll see that you're at the MCO gate? I would tell him that you're going to Orlando, but you're staying off-property and only going to Universal:rotfl:

:rotfl2: Oh man he'd probably start crying!

Our gate won't show MCO, we don't have any direct flights from our airport anymore :sad2: I don't have airfare yet but the gate will say Philly or Charlotte. The airfare is over $400RT per person right now, it needs to come down or mom & boys will be taking a ROAD TRIP! DS16 got his permit yesterday so I would have another driver to share the ride....but the thought of being on the road 24 hours with them in a confined space is unbearable!

We will be at Boardwalk....from 7/14-7/19..staying in standard club room. 1st time doing the club level...but with 2 teenage boys...the extra food/snacks will be helpful!!!! Even with the dining plan..LOL

SOOOO Excited..it has been about 4 years since we were at WDW. This year we are celebrating our son's High School Graduation & about to depart for college in the fall!!!!!

He actually asked for this trip instead of a grad. present or party!!! WORKS FOR ME!!!!!

Plus the boys can park hop on their own (ages 18 & 13)....so gives my hubby and I some time to explore the parks more leisurely or the resort.

Back from another fantastic stay CL.:cool1: We had a fantastic view of Paris and enjoyed the Illuminations nightly from our balcony. We are heading back the first week of Dec.:thumbsup2

thanks lisa and WDWKOOK, I hope those issues like dirt/dust/mold, carpet stains, broken lamp and window that rain comes in have been taken care of . imhp - not minor things especially on club level.

Add me to the Bulletin Please!!! We'll be there 11/1 - 11/8!! 141 days to go!!!

Welcome PoohCorner71!!!! Gang this is my good friend - she's been a Disney freak for a long time, but just now getting on to The DIS!! :hug:

We've vacationed together before but not Disney - not yet anyway! We will we will!

DVC member and BW lover here!! We will be going home 10/3-10/8 for the TOT race and to celebrate our 25th anniversary! :woohoo::yay::cool1:

Welcome PoohCorner71!!!! Gang this is my good friend - she's been a Disney freak for a long time, but just now getting on to The DIS!! :hug:

We've vacationed together before but not Disney - not yet anyway! We will we will!

I admit it -- I was a lurker!!! But I'm official now:cool1:

thanks lisa and WDWKOOK, I hope those issues like dirt/dust/mold, carpet stains, broken lamp and window that rain comes in have been taken care of . imhp - not minor things especially on club level.

I agree, this was my issue with BC CL!! The whole hallway was worn and stained I was NOT impressed! Poly, GF and CR CL rooms and hallways weren't like that!!

We last stayed at the BWI last Mar '12, and we'll be returning this August '13.

One of our kids described it as "like the GF... only funner" :)
(a lot of the room furnishings are very similar to the GF also)

We're a family of 6, so we stay in a Deluxe-club room on the BW side.

The best thing about BWI: the balcony view of the BW & Crescent lake, especially at night.

The worst thing about BWI: the lack of elevators makes for these ridiculous long walks down the hallways.

1940's? Actually according to the architects, it's supposed to be early 20th century:
http://www.ramsa.com/en/projects-search/hotels/disney-boardwalk.html

Because we're from near Philly, and familiar with the South-Jersey shore, to us the lobby of the BWI reminds of us Congress Hall in Cape May. Our kids also instantly recognize the small statue of Lucy in the lobby.

Looking forward to August!

Well....:scratchin the day I leave for Cancun, you start the new thread....now I'm late! (you know how I hate to be late, Kook) Can't wait to go back and read every word of it!!!!:thumbsup2 I'm sure it's top notch as usual:thumbsup2

Adios for now! The beach is calling my name:beach:
Heather

I'm looking at the room requests for the villas, we're staying in a one bedroom villa paying cash. The options I have are near transportation and ground floor, does near transportation mean we'll be closer to the elevators? :)

We will be at Boardwalk....from 7/14-7/19..staying in standard club room. 1st time doing the club level...but with 2 teenage boys...the extra food/snacks will be helpful!!!! Even with the dining plan..LOL

SOOOO Excited..it has been about 4 years since we were at WDW. This year we are celebrating our son's High School Graduation & about to depart for college in the fall!!!!!

He actually asked for this trip instead of a grad. present or party!!! WORKS FOR ME!!!!!

Plus the boys can park hop on their own (ages 18 & 13)....so gives my hubby and I some time to explore the parks more leisurely or the resort.

This is just eerie, the similarities... 4 years since we went as a family. We are celebrating our daughter's HS Graduation and about to depart for college. She asked for this trip in lieu of graduation present. And the girls can park hop on their own (one of the reasons we're staying Epcot area, makes it easier) as they're 17, 16 and 16, giving my DH and I some time to explore the parks or actually hang out at the resort! There ought to be a club for us types! :rotfl:

Back from another fantastic stay CL.:cool1: We had a fantastic view of Paris and enjoyed the Illuminations nightly from our balcony. We are heading back the first week of Dec.:thumbsup2

Oh please, Nascargirl, can you share thoughts, details, anecdotes from your trip. I love to live vicariously...

mademluc- BWI CL is our favorite resort. It is like a second home to us.
This trip was slightly layed back as DH was on crutches from an on the job injury 2 weeks prior. He didn't want to use a scooter. We love being able to walk or boat to DHS or Epcot. This trip we had to use the boats but we never had to wait long. We love being about to walk or yes take the boat to the BC and walk around. We only had to rely on bus transportation for AK and Downtown Disney. We had to wait 45 min to return back to the resort from DD Disney after Cirque.:sad: The entire bus was not happy. We had great meals all around. We hit Artist Point twice and had our 2 favorite waiters.;)
We are looking forward to returning in Dec. DH is facing a knee replacement so hopefully by the time Dec rolls around he will be much better.

I hope most ppl on the bus complained to management about the 45 min wait that's just ridiculous!

mademluc- BWI CL is our favorite resort. It is like a second home to us.
This trip was slightly layed back as DH was on crutches from an on the job injury 2 weeks prior. He didn't want to use a scooter. We love being able to walk or boat to DHS or Epcot. This trip we had to use the boats but we never had to wait long. We love being about to walk or yes take the boat to the BC and walk around. We only had to rely on bus transportation for AK and Downtown Disney. We had to wait 45 min to return back to the resort from DD Disney after Cirque.:sad: The entire bus was not happy. We had great meals all around. We hit Artist Point twice and had our 2 favorite waiters.;)
We are looking forward to returning in Dec. DH is facing a knee replacement so hopefully by the time Dec rolls around he will be much better.

How did you get back and forth from Artist Point? Just curious - planning for when we are going to WCC at WL in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter