Cleanest walking distance motel?

Yes, Candy Cane Inn does offer AAA discounts....and once you stay there they give a coupon for another discount if you stay again within one year. Have not found their prices even close to on-site prices.....

Rack 144
AAA [using promo code DIS] 134

Only $10 not 10% for AAA - strange but obviously it works for them! Thanks for the info - I never noticed their "discounts and specials" tab, and they also put the cheapest 2Q room down at the bottom of the room types. This price is the same for our dates as BWPPI, but free parking at CCI so CCI is $10 cheaper.

No, the price is not close to onsite, but once my total (after parking/resort fee if any and tax) hits $150 I start thinking, "Disneyland Hotel would only be x more per night". "X" is usually 2x the price of the cheap hotel :lmao: but my brain goes there anyway.

We always stay at the Candy Cane. The free breakfast saves us about $30-35 per day and also helps get us to the parks close to the opening time which isn't easy for an 8:00a opening.

Rack 144
AAA [using promo code DIS] 134

Only $10 not 10% for AAA - strange but obviously it works for them! Thanks for the info - I never noticed their "discounts and specials" tab, and they also put the cheapest 2Q room down at the bottom of the room types. This price is the same for our dates as BWPPI, but free parking at CCI so CCI is $10 cheaper.

No, the price is not close to onsite, but once my total (after parking/resort fee if any and tax) hits $150 I start thinking, "Disneyland Hotel would only be x more per night". "X" is usually 2x the price of the cheap hotel :lmao: but my brain goes there anyway.

:laughing:, I do the exact same thing. I was looking at places for New Years Eve and once I had DI&S in the check-out process, I was thinking, well DLH is ONLY $200 more, what is a mere $200? Good sense prevailed though and I booked DI&S.

Candy Cane is booking for next July! We booked for the 60th Anniversary... We LOVE it there! Free parking and a good breakfast, family owned forever!
Free shuttle when tired.... WHY NOT?
Beautiful grounds.......

--Lori:goodvibes

Candy Cane is booking for next July! We booked for the 60th Anniversary... We LOVE it there! Free parking and a good breakfast, family owned forever!
Free shuttle when tired.... WHY NOT?
Beautiful grounds.......

--Lori:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Thanks, great comparison! Where do you find the $70 prices for DI&S?

That's their general rack rate for their basic (I think they call it their "deluxe") 2 queen room, if booked early. For instance, we booked a Jan trip in like Sept or Oct for that rate, and I just booked my May trip last week. With that $70 rate, I book now and cancel later if needed! LOL, I'm never letting that kind of price slip by!

Thanks to all! This is very helpful information! I crossed Park Vue off my list long ago because of bad reports, but your experience is winning me over! Are you referring to BWPPI or Ramada Maingate At the Park? That sounds about the same as our recent visits to BWPPI. I'm surprised about the towel hoarding though! We go through towels and washcloths like crazy so I'm always asking for more - I am happy to report that at BWPPI they [housekeepers and office staff] always hand them over without a fight! ETA: I will check out Desert Inn and Camelot prices. We do like HoJo and Castle Inn, but with the new pricing on both and no breakfast, the extra couple minutes' walk weighs heavily. Castle Inn is very clean now but we were much happier with it when we were paying $60/night last year. Same with HoJo - I don't think we've stayed there since they stopped the Entertainment Card rate because our dates haven't matched up with their promos.
Ramada Maingate. Sorry

We stayed at Hotel Indigo last week. It's a 15-min walk to the parks. They have a restaurant and bar onsite, nice pool, jacuzzi, fitness room and FREE PARKING. It's also very close to Anaheim Garden Walk, which has some nice restaurants. Will absolutely stay there again.

We must have been very unlucky because our room at PVI was a long way from clean. Including dark marks that looked like mould around the bath, rubbish from a previous guest left in the wardrobe and a squished spider on the wall near the air conditioner.
We also had trouble getting towels and were told a few times that we would have to wait for them to come out of the wash.

We found Hojos to be very clean.
The carpet at The Fairfield Inn was filthy.

We are trying Desert Inn next because I have heard good things about it and the big rooms give us space to spread out.

Thanks - when did you stay at PVI?

we stayed at the PVI in April 2012

We must have been very unlucky because our room at PVI was a long way from clean. Including dark marks that looked like mould around the bath, rubbish from a previous guest left in the wardrobe and a squished spider on the wall near the air conditioner.
We also had trouble getting towels and were told a few times that we would have to wait for them to come out of the wash.

We found Hojos to be very clean.
The carpet at The Fairfield Inn was filthy.

We are trying Desert Inn next because I have heard good things about it and the big rooms give us space to spread out.
If you didn't like PVI, I wish you luck with DIS... The biggest thing it has going for it is it is across the street and it is CHEAP. That said, my back can't handle the beds, the pillows are horrible, and they allow people to smoke on the hallways. The rooms are fairly clean, but about the same as PVI.

That's their general rack rate for their basic (I think they call it their "deluxe") 2 queen room, if booked early. For instance, we booked a Jan trip in like Sept or Oct for that rate, and I just booked my May trip last week. With that $70 rate, I book now and cancel later if needed! LOL, I'm never letting that kind of price slip by!

Ramada Maingate. Sorry

we stayed at the PVI in April 2012

Thanks for the additional info!

I second the hojo. It gets constantly great reviews on trip advisor, it is very clean, interior hallways, gorgeous grounds and fun pools, and a store for buying breakfast stuff... Which I love because it saves us lots of money, we can eat in the room so no rush to get ready, and we can choose healthy options like fruit and yogurt etc. the ART stops right out front, but it is only a 8 min walk to the parks. It is pricier, but I find you get what you pay for.

Yes, Candy Cane Inn does offer AAA discounts....and once you stay there they give a coupon for another discount if you stay again within one year. Have not found their prices even close to on-site prices.....

We stayed there in February and never got a coupon for next stay....... Would've been nice though - we'd use it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter