Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Maybe I'll get a few misters for the kids to play with.
Those are great and can hang around their necks or on the strollers when not in use. They can be bulky though so just be prepared. My mom had them for our last trip so instead of borrowing them I just got the boys little portable neck fans from Amazon for this trip. I'm trying to eliminate some of the stuff we brought in last time. Oh and just so you know...bag check will be really fun with all the stuff needed for kids! LOL

Thanks Renee! I know there will probably be a couple of FP changes and possibly ADR switcheroos that I'll have to deal with so I've set my expectations as such. This has been really helpful! It'll be a learning experience for all of us so that there will be a next time for my family! Thank you so much for the tips!! :worship:
You are very welcome. And if you think of any other questions, feel free to ask!

Those are great and can hang around their necks or on the strollers when not in use. They can be bulky though so just be prepared. My mom had them for our last trip so instead of borrowing them I just got the boys little portable neck fans from Amazon for this trip. I'm trying to eliminate some of the stuff we brought in last time. Oh and just so you know...bag check will be really fun with all the stuff needed for kids! LOL

I can just see everyone having a mister fight at some point...especially during the really hot moments in the afternoon...hahaha.
Well, there goes our chances of going through the no-bag line. :rotfl:
I will prepare everyone for it. I wonder how the new security checkpoints will relieve the lines though...we shall see.

You are very welcome. And if you think of any other questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you Renee! Will do!!

PTR Updates April 12 2017

I finally finished my Feb Trip Report! Just in time because we leave for WDW again in 3 weeks. In the meantime here are some brief trip updates and countdowns:

Our Year of Disney:

May 3-7 (Boardwalk) - 21 days!
ADRs booked
FP+ booked
Flights booked

May 19-21 (AKL) - 37 days
ADRs booked - only have 2 so far, since it's a short trip
FP+ booked
Flights booked

August 12-20 (Polynesian) - 122 days
ADRs booked
FP+ - on June 13!

September 1 -4 WWoHP Orlando Informer event - 141 days
Just booked the event at Universal, no hotels yet!

October 21-28 cruise (Disney Magic) - 192 days
Canadian coast cruise leaving for NYC with Marvel Day at Sea

October 30-Nov 4th (Grand Floridian) - 201 days
ADRs - on May 3rd (while we are at WDW, LOL)
FP+ - on Aug 31st
will be booking MNSSHP for Halloween!

Also toying with going down for a weekend in December, like a shorter version of what we did last year. Our AP is good until Jan 2...I don't think I want to do NYE but I would like to do MVMCP again!

---------------------------------------

May 3-7th Trip: No changes here but I added a random BoG breakfast on May 4th before we go to DHS. I dunno if I'm still going to keep this or not but my main reason for doing this is because I want one of those dang rose cups. #YesIamaSuckerforAllCuteThings However, they are sold out right now, so if I don't see them coming back in stock anytime soon, I will cancel this. Of course probably the day I cancel they will come back in stock...right? Hahaha.

May 19-21st: We've added a new trip from for the Pandora Annual Pass Preview!! Pretty much the minute they announced the annual pass Pandora previews, I booked the next date that we could make it. that would be Saturday May 20th for us! Our preview time is 6-8pm. I don't know why I booked that time...I was trying to think quickly when registering. I thought that it would be less hot at night and I know Pandora looks different at night so thought it would be cool. But then again, it's May so it won't actually get dark until later. Also I wasn't' sure when we were able to fly down. If we could only fly out Saturday morning, I'd want some ample padding in case of delays and stuff. After I booked I texted my friend Betsy and she booked the same time as well! I know a bunch of you all are going to be there the same time so I'm hoping for more DIS Meets!
Since it's just a weekend trip, I didn't make that many ADRs. We're staying at AKL so I booked a Boma breakfast and Sanaa dinner, the rest of the time we'll be at the parks and I am thinking some quick service would do just so we're not having lengthy meals. Of course that may change. One thing I wanted to do thought was to grab drinks and apps at Nomad lounge right before or after we preview Pandora on the 20th. Oh and we will be able to catch the new castle show at MK, Happily Ever After...really looking forward to that!

August 12-20th Trip: I have extended our trip by one day, from Aug 19th to the 20th!! I was going to extend it anyways, but @Tracy161 arriving on the 19th definitely made me pull the trigger and now we're going to have dinner together at Liberty Tree Tavern on the 19th! It'll just be DH and I with Tracy as the rest of my family will be leaving on the 19th and heading home. To be honest, I'll probably be excited for some adults-only time after a week with the nieces and nephew, LOL. So excited for this!!

My plans for August are slowly coming together. I've pared down some of our ADRs and added some new ones. I will share that in an upcoming post!

I'll be leaving Disneyland as you arrive at DisneyWorld!

I will give you a mouse shout out from the other side of the nation!
Have a great trip to DLR! You're going to have so much fun!!

Bummer! I'll miss you by about a week! :sad1: I haven't gotten anything booked yet but Dray, Devin, Kiya and I have a trip planned before Thanksgiving I think arriving around the 11th

Oh too bad...I would totally go during that time too but my workplace requires us to take a consecutive 2 week trip every year. Not that it's a bad thing but sometimes it makes planning smaller vacations less likely. I really do want to MVMCP though - wasn't it so fun last year? Definitely no more 7 Dwarfs character lines for me though, I'm going to ride all the rides this time!

May 3-7 (Boardwalk) - 21 days!

:cheer2:

September 1 -4 WWoHP Orlando Informer event - 141 days
Just booked the event at Universal, no hotels yet!

Ah I'm so jealous! I want to do one of those so badly. This is actually the first I heard of the September dates, and I'm disappointed because I was hoping it would be the week we were there. If we weren't going the following week and it didn't fall on Labor Day weekend I would totally do a weekend trip for it too. Maybe next year the dates will align with ours. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Also toying with going down for a weekend in December, like a shorter version of what we did last year. Our AP is good until Jan 2...I don't think I want to do NYE but I would like to do MVMCP again!

Ooo you should and you should go the same weekend as us!

May 19-21st: We've added a new trip from for the Pandora Annual Pass Preview!! Pretty much the minute they announced the annual pass Pandora previews, I booked the next date that we could make it. that would be Saturday May 20th for us! Our preview time is 6-8pm. I don't know why I booked that time...I was trying to think quickly when registering. I thought that it would be less hot at night and I know Pandora looks different at night so thought it would be cool.

Yay! Our window is on May 13th in the morning. I'm so happy it opened on our last day there. I didn't even think about it when we booked (and we couldn't do it anyway with the flight) but the night sounds like the best time to go. I can't wait to see how it looks at night!

August 12-20th Trip:​
I have extended our trip by one day, from Aug 19th to the 20th!! I was going to extend it anyways, but @Tracy161 arriving on the 19th definitely made me pull the trigger and now we're going to have dinner together at Liberty Tree Tavern on the 19th! It'll just be DH and I with Tracy as the rest of my family will be leaving on the 19th and heading home. To be honest, I'll probably be excited for some adults-only time after a week with the nieces and nephew, LOL. So excited for this!!​

I am SO excited this worked out!!! I am counting the days!!! :goodvibes

May 19-21st: We've added a new trip from for the Pandora Annual Pass Preview!! Pretty much the minute they announced the annual pass Pandora previews, I booked the next date that we could make it. that would be Saturday May 20th for us! Our preview time is 6-8pm. I don't know why I booked that time...I was trying to think quickly when registering. I thought that it would be less hot at night and I know Pandora looks different at night so thought it would be cool. But then again, it's May so it won't actually get dark until later. Also I wasn't' sure when we were able to fly down. If we could only fly out Saturday morning, I'd want some ample padding in case of delays and stuff. After I booked I texted my friend Betsy and she booked the same time as well! I know a bunch of you all are going to be there the same time so I'm hoping for more DIS Meets!
Since it's just a weekend trip, I didn't make that many ADRs. We're staying at AKL so I booked a Boma breakfast and Sanaa dinner, the rest of the time we'll be at the parks and I am thinking some quick service would do just so we're not having lengthy meals. Of course that may change. One thing I wanted to do thought was to grab drinks and apps at Nomad lounge right before or after we preview Pandora on the 20th. Oh and we will be able to catch the new castle show at MK, Happily Ever After...really looking forward to that!

Yay! I've been thinking we may grab drinks @ the Nomad Lounge after our preview, so that would be a super convenient place to meet up if your schedule allows!

I would totally go during that time too but my workplace requires us to take a consecutive 2 week trip every year. Not that it's a bad thing but sometimes it makes planning smaller vacations less like

Wow, required two week consecutively every year sounds like heaven to me. I'm lucky if I get 5 days once a year, hence the shorter trips for us! Drawbacks of owning your own business I guess :sad2:

really do want to MVMCP though - wasn't it so fun last year? Definitely no more 7 Dwarfs character lines for me though, I'm going to ride all the rides this time!

It was a lot of fun last year. The two older kids have never done MVMCP and they really want to stay at WL when it's all done up for the Holidays so that's why we choose November instead of October. Of course Kiya voted for the MNSSHP, but she got outvoted :tilt:

Ah I'm so jealous! I want to do one of those so badly. This is actually the first I heard of the September dates, and I'm disappointed because I was hoping it would be the week we were there. If we weren't going the following week and it didn't fall on Labor Day weekend I would totally do a weekend trip for it too. Maybe next year the dates will align with ours. I can't wait to hear all about it!

I've always wanted to do this too! Finally I jumped just because it seemed to fall on labor day weekend and we're free. I wasn't sure if I was going to do the entirety of Universal yet, I may just do one day, which I know is not enough but we can probably ride most of the big rides, and save the WWoHP stuff for the event in the evening. Then maybe the next day we'll head over to Disney for a night.

Ooo you should and you should go the same weekend as us!

When are your winter dates again?

Yay! Our window is on May 13th in the morning. I'm so happy it opened on our last day there. I didn't even think about it when we booked (and we couldn't do it anyway with the flight) but the night sounds like the best time to go. I can't wait to see how it looks at night!

You're so lucky! So excited for this too! I think it'll look cool in any light!

I am SO excited this worked out!!! I am counting the days!!! :goodvibes

Yay! Me too!

Yay! I've been thinking we may grab drinks @ the Nomad Lounge after our preview, so that would be a super convenient place to meet up if your schedule allows!

Sure! @ariane37 were talking about doing that too. I think you guys have the same preview time? We could totally have a big DISmeet here or separately, up to you guys. Ariane and I are staying at AKL so we could totally meet up there too. I think my plan for that day is to do MK in the day and then hop to AK at around 3 :)

I've always wanted to do this too! Finally I jumped just because it seemed to fall on labor day weekend and we're free. I wasn't sure if I was going to do the entirety of Universal yet, I may just do one day, which I know is not enough but we can probably ride most of the big rides, and save the WWoHP stuff for the event in the evening. Then maybe the next day we'll head over to Disney for a night.

When are your winter dates again?

You're so lucky! So excited for this too! I think it'll look cool in any light!

Yay! Me too!

Sure! @ariane37 were talking about doing that too. I think you guys have the same preview time? We could totally have a big DISmeet here or separately, up to you guys. Ariane and I are staying at AKL so we could totally meet up there too. I think my plan for that day is to do MK in the day and then hop to AK at around 3 :)

Dec 7-10th!

Woo hoo!

We are doing our preview on the 19 I think - we were planning on being in AK that day anyway. But of course I don't remember what time. We booked one set, and my in-laws booked another set, but I can't figure out how to see the reservation anywhere on MDE :P

So excited you were able to book a preview - they went fast!! It is definitely taking some pressure off our October trip now that we will have had a small experience of Pandora before then.

So many trips :D It's exciting to see a nice line of countdowns to look forward to, or at least it is for me!

May 19-21st: We've added a new trip from for the Pandora Annual Pass Preview!!

OMG another trip, so awesome!! I can't wait to see your reviews of the preview!

I have extended our trip by one day, from Aug 19th to the 20th!! I was going to extend it anyways, but @Tracy161 arriving on the 19th definitely made me pull the trigger

That is so exciting!! Now that I have booked my hotel for August...we are due to leave on the 19th...but I haven't booked flights yet...lol maybe I can extend one more day too lol

Now I'm going back to look at your plans...just starting to get into it...once I am not so frazzled by all the planning I will have to start a PTR too and we can try to see where things might line up for a meet at Trader Sam's (or anywhere that works!)

my main reason for doing this is because I want one of those dang rose cups. #YesIamaSuckerforAllCuteThings However, they are sold out right now, so if I don't see them coming back in stock anytime soon, I will cancel this.
I can relate! I mean, I didn't book BOG for the rose cup but I sure as heck want one!

We're staying at AKL so I booked a Boma breakfast and Sanaa dinner
Good choices!

to grab drinks and apps at Nomad lounge right before or after we preview Pandora on the 20th. Oh and we will be able to catch the new castle show at MK, Happily Ever After...really looking forward to that!
Both of those things sounds wonderful!

I have extended our trip by one day, from Aug 19th to the 20th!!

It'll just be DH and I with Tracy as the rest of my family will be leaving on the 19th and heading home. To be honest, I'll probably be excited for some adults-only time after a week with the nieces and nephew, LOL. So excited for this!!
I think this is a good plan...especially to finish out the trip!

My plans for August are slowly coming together. I've pared down some of our ADRs and added some new ones. I will share that in an upcoming post!
Looking forward to it!!

We're the 3-5 preview time. Right now we're planning on Epcot late, but nothing is set in stone!

Dec 7-10th!

Aaah so cool! I'd really like to go in December again!!

Woo hoo!

We are doing our preview on the 19 I think - we were planning on being in AK that day anyway. But of course I don't remember what time. We booked one set, and my in-laws booked another set, but I can't figure out how to see the reservation anywhere on MDE :P

So excited you were able to book a preview - they went fast!! It is definitely taking some pressure off our October trip now that we will have had a small experience of Pandora before then.

They totally went fast! So excited we were able to book it too!
Yeah I can't see our reservation either. I heard you have to show them the email as confirmation?
But yay you'll be there too! Are you staying at the Poly again? We're at AKL. So far we're at Epcot on the 19th, and MK during the day on the 20th then AK in the afternoon, but we'd like to go back to MK after the Pandora preview to catch Happily Ever After. On the 21st I wasn't sure what we'd be doing as it's our last day but I think we're at DHS for the morning then maybe hopping over to Epcot. I have a dinner ADR at Sanaa and then we have a late flight home. Let me know when we can meet up! I don't mind hopping around a bit as this is pretty much an "icing on the cake" trip for us and we have no must-dos aside from Pandora and Happily Ever After!

So many trips :D It's exciting to see a nice line of countdowns to look forward to, or at least it is for me!

I know! It's kinda crazy. Mostly crazy to non-Disney people though. Hahaha.

OMG another trip, so awesome!! I can't wait to see your reviews of the preview!

Definitely! Really excited about this!

That is so exciting!! Now that I have booked my hotel for August...we are due to leave on the 19th...but I haven't booked flights yet...lol maybe I can extend one more day too lol

Yeah come hang out with us, if you're not sick of us by then, LOL

Now I'm going back to look at your plans...just starting to get into it...once I am not so frazzled by all the planning I will have to start a PTR too and we can try to see where things might line up for a meet at Trader Sam's (or anywhere that works!)

Definitely! I'll be posting my updated plans for August and we can see where we can meet up!

I can relate! I mean, I didn't book BOG for the rose cup but I sure as heck want one!

I know, I really really want one! I told myself if I do go and they have them, and the limit is 5 per party, I'm buying 5 of them and lugging them back with me, LOL.

Good choices!

Can't wait to eat at Boma and Sanaa again! It's sometimes so hard to eat there if you're not staying there so really, I'm only staying at AKL to be closer to those restaurants. LOL

Both of those things sounds wonderful!

Super excited!!

I think this is a good plan...especially to finish out the trip!

I am really looking forward to this trip although I'm sure I'll be the most exasperated one trying to plan it and coordinate everyone. :rotfl:
I'm really excited to see the reaction on my nieces and nephew's face when they experience Disney Magic for the first time.

We're the 3-5 preview time. Right now we're planning on Epcot late, but nothing is set in stone!

Ah cool, maybe we can do that hour in between 5-6pm for a quick drink/meet at Nomad!

You're so organized with all your plans. Two trips in May! How great is that? I know we get to out to DL often, but it's not like we get to stay over and be immersed in the magic. Only sometimes.

Great that you extended your summer trip, I think that having an extra adult day at the end of the trip is perfect.

I just got off a SWDAS day at Sea cruise (as you know), it was fun....I'm looking forward to what a Marvel Day at Sea is like.

After going at Christmas time the year the Osborne lights closed, I was overwhelmed by the huge crowds. I hope your trip is better. I may have to give it another go.

Oh good, because I was wondering if your plans were going to change with Pandora and everything...but we'll make at least one meet happen for sure!

Haha, not really, we have one day dedicated to AK for the whole family, and then while they are at the water park the next day DH and I will be back at Pandora to do the other ride.

@chunkymonkey Disney extended MK hours for May today.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out!

You're so organized with all your plans. Two trips in May! How great is that? I know we get to out to DL often, but it's not like we get to stay over and be immersed in the magic. Only sometimes.

I totally get how if you lived near DL it would just be a day trip. If I ever move out there it would be the same for me. It's nice to be in the magic but it takes so much more effort to organize these trips.

Great that you extended your summer trip, I think that having an extra adult day at the end of the trip is perfect.
Yeah I figure it couldn't hurt to add an extra night to chill!

I just got off a SWDAS day at Sea cruise (as you know), it was fun....I'm looking forward to what a Marvel Day at Sea is like.

Yup! I've read your latest update...haven't responded yet but will do so soon! I loved your Palo brunch!

After going at Christmas time the year the Osborne lights closed, I was overwhelmed by the huge crowds. I hope your trip is better. I may have to give it another go.

We went during the beginning of December last year and it was actually not that bad. The crowds over princess marathon weekend were much worse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter