Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Yeah I can't see our reservation either. I heard you have to show them the email as confirmation?
But yay you'll be there too! Are you staying at the Poly again? We're at AKL. So far we're at Epcot on the 19th, and MK during the day on the 20th then AK in the afternoon, but we'd like to go back to MK after the Pandora preview to catch Happily Ever After. On the 21st I wasn't sure what we'd be doing as it's our last day but I think we're at DHS for the morning then maybe hopping over to Epcot. I have a dinner ADR at Sanaa and then we have a late flight home. Let me know when we can meet up! I don't mind hopping around a bit as this is pretty much an "icing on the cake" trip for us and we have no must-dos aside from Pandora and Happily Ever After!

I think Will actually made the reservation, so he'll have the email. I was freaking out until I remembered that I didn't actually reserve this one :P

We are actually staying at Beach Club with Will's family this time :D So excited about that! We are at AK on the 19th, so I think that's when we have the Pandora stuff happening, and then MK on the 20th with no big concrete eating plans :D . We could try for something in MK if you want, either morning-ish or later in the evening would work I think. I'll just have to make sure Will doesn't want to do Star Wars fireworks that night instead :P

I'm thrilled there is so much new stuff to see. We usually do a longer trip around this time and miss the new stuff because it's all opening Memorial Day, so I'm super happy we get to do the Pandora preview and see the new fireworks show :D

I think Will actually made the reservation, so he'll have the email. I was freaking out until I
remembered that I didn't actually reserve this one :P

Haha I would have had a slight panic attack too, whew. :)

We are actually staying at Beach Club with Will's family this time :D So excited about that! We are at AK on the 19th, so I think that's when we have the Pandora stuff happening, and then MK on the 20th with no big concrete eating plans :D . We could try for something in MK if you want, either morning-ish or later in the evening would work I think. I'll just have to make sure Will doesn't want to do Star Wars fireworks that night instead :P

Daytime at MK sounds great! We plan to leave for AK around 3-ish that day for our preview and some potential dismeets at Nomad Lounge if you're interested :)
Maybe we can have a Lefou's brew break together? We're pretty open that morning - although I'm sure Steve wants to meet Gaston at some point. :laughing:
We can also do some nighttime drinks again - we plan to catch Happily Ever After on the 19th and then probably again on the 20th so we can even meet during/after that. I am thinking of investing in that express bus that weekend just because we have such a short time there and it would suck to be park hopping with slow buses. On the 21st I think we have DHS in the morning and then we're open the rest of the day until our Sanaa dinner at around 6pm. Then it's back to the airport for us. Boo.

I'm thrilled there is so much new stuff to see. We usually do a longer trip around this time and miss the new stuff because it's all opening Memorial Day, so I'm super happy we get to do the Pandora preview and see the new fireworks show :D

I know! I'm so excited there's the new show and Pandora! Disney is doing a lot of stuff with the Annual passholders and I'm sooo happy we got them this year.

Gonna do a few updates over the next few days on our next 3 upcoming trips!

PTR Update - April 16th - Early May Trip

17 days until our early May trip! I haven't done an update in a while for our early May trip from May 2-7th so I thought I'd re-post a recap. I don't think there have been much updates since this trip was pretty much set.

Tuesday May 2nd -
After a day of work, we'll be hopping on an evening flight arriving late at night at MCO, spending the night at the Hyatt Regency MCO again. I really liked doing this the last time in February so this has become our new plan, since I don't like taking off a day of work to travel if I don't have to, and it's much cheaper than staying at the Boardwalk an extra night.

Wenesday May 3rd -
Going to get up early so that we can take ME and get to our resort sometime in the morning
Our resort is the Boardwalk Villas! I rented points for a pool-view studio. Our first time here!
We will drop off our stuff if our room is not ready and walk to Epcot.
I don't have any FPs until later in the afternoon so perhaps we'll walk around and soak in all the Flower and Garden topiaries! We'll check the times for rides and maybe catch a few if the waits aren't too long, which I'm not expecting since it's a Wednesday in early May.
We'll probably grab some food when the food kiosks open up. I have honestly not done much research at all on what food is from what kiosks, aside from the recent and wonderful dining reports I've read (@pepperandchips and @ariane37) and made notes of. I think I just want to be surprised a bit and have an entirely uncharted day at the food kiosks, LOL.

12:50 we have FP+ for Test Track
1:50 Character Spot
2:55 Spaceship Earth

At some point we'll also do the Disney Visa character spot.
After that we'll leave Epcot and head to the Poly.
4pm early dinner - 'Ohana! Finally after more than a year we're back to one of my favorites! I imagine being completely stuffed after...:)
After dinner we'll probably walk around the Poly some more and then head to MK. There's EMH until 12am and we definitely want to catch Wishes...probably the last time we'll be able to view this show! Also a DISMeet with Karilynn (@Malia78) - looking forward to meeting you!
Not sure how late we can stay but i do want to get another Tangled magic shot. I need to practice my Resting Lantern Face! :rotfl:

Thursday May the 4th -

It's May the Fourth! Not like anything exciting is happening on this day but it's a day when geeks like us can put on Star Wars t shirts and head to DHS and say to everyone on social media: I AM RIDING STAR TOURS ON MAY THE FOURTH!! LOL
I think there might be some special merchandise but based on what I've seen from Star Wars Celebration there wasn't that much.
I originally had a BoG breakfast booked so I could get that rose cup but since they are sold out, I was like, forget it, even if they do come back soon I didn't want to treck to MK just for a cup. So we're heading to DHS!

9:20am FP+ Star Tours
10:40am FP+ Toy Story MM

Lunch 12:40 at Sci Fi - OK I don't know why since I've always thought the food here is just ok...but I feel a bit lost if I don't eat here at least once every few trips. It's like I feel more complete if I do it, is that crazy?!? It's just become such a tradition for us since 2009 to eat here once a year so this trip will be that time. :)
2:45pm Indiana Jones - not sure if we will watch it since I think this will be a nice time for a swim.
So we will probably head back to the Boardwalk and have some pool time for a bit.
Afterwards I was thinking of heading back to Epcot and walking around WS for dinner, probably at the food kiosks or some quick service. I initially had Beaches n Cream reserved but just thought the food is very much like Sci Fi and I didn't want another sit down meal.
Our plan is to head back to DHS to watch the Star Wars Fireworks to close out May the Fourth!
I've also wanted to try the bar called Abracadabra at the Boardwalk, maybe before dinner or after the fireworks.

Friday May 5th -
We have an early breakfast at Cape May Cafe - 7:45am to be exact. It was the only time I could get, oh well. Seems like so much effort to get up early for breakfast when it's not in your own resort but it's not that far away so I'm thinking we should be able to make it...right? LOL.
Then we'll walk back to Epcot. We're spending a lot of time at Epcot on this trip just to take advantage of Flower and Garden.

9:30am - Character Spot
10:30am Soarin'
11:30am LWTL

We'll probably grab some food kiosks for lunch. Then we'll head to Disney Springs! I think we have to go back to the Boardwalk to go to Disney Springs at this time in the day, so we'll walk back and catch a bus to Disney Springs. Either that or we'll catch a bus to POFQ, get some beignets, and then hop on the ferry to Disney Springs, hahaha. That sounds like a good plan to me!
We're doing something different this trip...we're spending the afternoon watching a movie! We'll be at the AMC theaters watching Guardians of the Galaxy. After the movie, we'll have maybe an hour and a half to kill before our dinner at Homecoming. Looking forward to more gluttony!
Then we will bus it back to Epcot to watch Illuminations and then head back to the Boardwalk after. Maybe we can even catch the last ride on Soarin' like we did back in Feb with @cinderkelly and her DD Devin. :)

Saturday May 6th -
We get to sleep in a bit before our breakfast right in our resort, the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Al Forno! Our breakfast is at 9:15am. So excited about this new breakfast. I am toying on what to wear, I only have one Rapunzel tank top, but I have lots of Ariel-themed outfits. So not sure what to wear.
Then we'll bus it over to MK

11:55am 7DMT
1:55am PP Flight
2:55pm BTMRR

We may grab a pretzel or something if we're hungry and do all the rides we've missed during this time at MK.
At around 4pm we'll hop over to AK...will probably do the Safari and anything else which looks open but I am not a huge fan of the rides at AK except for the Safari but I love shopping at AK, so that's probably what I'll do, and maybe DH will ride single rider for EE.
6:20pm Dinner at Tiffins...our new favorite restaurant! We loved it so much back in Feb that we immediately made another ADR for May. Yum!
The evening is open...was not sure if we wanted to see ROL again so we may head back to MK to watch Wishes again or catch Fantasmic since I haven't seen that show since December and I'm kinda itching to watch it again. But I know Fantasmic will be there on our next trip and Wishes will not so this may be our last last chance to see it one final time.

Sunday May 7th -

We'll pack up and check out of the Boardwalk and check into our flight.
Then we'll head to Epcot!
I don't have any meals planned for today. We may make something on the fly, I think it depends on how much we like the food kiosks at Flower and Garden this year. If we don't feel like going back to any of them then we'll see.
11:30am Character Spot
12:30pm LWTL
1:45pm Frozen Ever After
At some point today we'll have a DISMeet with none other than @Raeven herself with her bf Josh! Yay!
We will probably have until 2:45pm at Epcot. Our flight leaves at 5:45pm and they usually come maybe 2.5 hours before, so I think we'll have a 3:15pm ME bus (I hope it's that and not earlier). Then it's back to NJ, back to real life and adulting and all things boring. :sad::sad1::sad::sad1:

But do not fret as we have another trip just two weeks after we return from this trip...Pandora Preview trip plans coming soon! :thumbsup2

17 days until our early May trip! I

:cheer2:

After the movie, we'll have maybe an hour and a half to kill before our dinner at Homecoming. Looking forward to more gluttony!

Depending on when your reservation is we might see you in passing :rotfl:

At some point today we'll have a DISMeet with none other than @Raeven herself with her bf Josh! Yay!

:thumbsup2 We should be there right after brunch so I'm not thinking any later than 12-12:30 pm.

But do not fret as we have another trip just two weeks after we return from this trip...Pandora Preview trip plans coming soon! :thumbsup2

I think this is really the only acceptable way to end a Disney trip... have plans to return two weeks later :lmao:

Meanwhile, I'm SO jealous you'll be there on May 4th!!! :chewy:

17 days until our early May trip!

Woohoo!

It's May the Fourth! Not like anything exciting is happening on this day but it's a day when geeks like us can put on Star Wars t shirts and head to DHS and say to everyone on social media: I AM RIDING STAR TOURS ON MAY THE FOURTH!! LOL

I'm so jealous! I almost took off this year to go over, but I'll already be off on May 1 for my girl's weekend trip. 2 days off the week of graduation... probably not the best time for a career counselor to be out of the office :P

Lunch 12:40 at Sci Fi

I'm going this weekend! I haven't been in so long, I have the urge. lol!

We're doing something different this trip...we're spending the afternoon watching a movie! We'll be at the AMC theaters watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hey, I worked there in college before it became a dine in!

we may head back to MK to watch Wishes again or catch Fantasmic since I haven't seen that show since December and I'm kinda itching to watch it again. But I know Fantasmic will be there on our next trip and Wishes will not so this may be our last last chance to see it one final time.

If I don't make it there on my quick trip, I'll be at MK watching Wishes that night!

Love your May trip plans!! How awesome that it is getting so close too!! I might have been under a rock but, isn't the Pandora stuff at AK going to be open for your trip? Or are you just not going because it will be insane? Pardon me if I missed something huge here lol..as you know I'm just getting back into the swing of Dis planning lol Also love your idea for a stay at the airport hotel again. I was trying to do that for our trip but it didn't work with the flight that we were able to get. But next time I will keep that in the back of my mind!

PTR Update - Pandora Preview Trip

31 Days until Pandora Preview!
This was the last minute trip I booked once they announced AP Pandora previews. Our dates are from May 18-21st, so just barely 3 days in the world, our shortest trip yet, and booked barely 45 days out.

Thursday May 18th
We leave after work and arrive 11pm at MCO (as usual). Instead of staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt, we're trying out a new place, the Marriott Lakeside which is a mile away and has a shuttle to MCO. I have no idea how convenient this will be but it's half the price of the Hyatt so thought this would be a good opportunity to test it out. If it's not too much trouble then this can be an option for future trips since it's cheaper. We won't have checked bags, just carry ons so we won't have to wait for the bags, hopefully the shuttle comes quickly.

Friday May 19th
Come morning we board ME for AKL! Just 2 nights here. I know that @ariane37 is staying here too so maybe we'll bump into each other! (I hope so!)
We'll drop off our stuff and then head to Epcot. We get to partake in more Flower and Garden! Yay!
We'll grab a bite at the kiosks for an early lunch.
I was able to get the following FP+:
12:30pm Soarin’
1:45pm Spaceship Earth
2:50pm Character Spot
There weren't many ADRs to choose from but I got this:
4:30pm: San Angel Inn
I haven't eaten here for a while and DH has not been here before (I came with Chunkysis before) and he's a fan of Mexican food so thought this would be good for an early dinner.
Then we'll hop over to MK! Maybe we'll make some FP+ on the fly...but the real reason we're here is to watch the new castle show, Happily Ever After!! Yay!!

Saturday May 20th
Got an early ADR at Boma for 7:35am breakfast. I've not been here for breakfast before so really looking forward to it!
We'll start the day off at MK. I was able to get the following ADRs:
10:10am BTMRR
11:35am Peter Pan’s Flight
12:40pm 7DMT
Hopefully another DISmeet with @LindseyJo22 this weekend!
We'll head to AK some time late afternoon. Most likely my friend Betsy will be with us most of today, which will be really fun, kinda like our day in February...but in May. :)
I wanted to see if we could do Rafiki's Planet Watch or some characters at AK
Around 4:30pm we'll head to Nomad lounge. Maybe even earlier. I don't know how crazy it will be this weekend in AK but since there are all these DVC and AP previews, it might be packed! Tiffins is right outside the entrance to Pandora so seems like a good stopping point for some. Hopefully we can get a table, because we have a DISmeet with @krrrristen right after her AP preview from 3-5pm. :) Hopefully we can meet with @ariane37 too at AK!
At 6pm our AP preview starts, I'm not sure how early we should be there. But since we only have 2 hours, I guess it's best to get there and be checked in right before 6pm. This is very exciting and I hope to read some reviews on what to expect from our time here! We'll probably try some of the food at the Satu'ii Canteen and maybe there will be some stores open? Who knows. This is very exciting stuff!
Right after our preview, we'll head back to MK, to watch Happily Every After again which starts at 9pm!

Sunday May 21st
We'll have to check out and we'll probably grab some breakfast at the Mara and then start the day off at DHS. I was able to get the following FP+:
10:05am: RnRC
11:25am Star Tours
12:45pm Indiana Jones - might swap this for Little Mermaid
We may hop to Epcot too. Maybe do more flower and garden kiosks for lunch.
We have a late night flight and I managed to get the following ADR:
6:35pm Sanaa Dinner
But I think it is too late, because even though our flight leaves at 10pm, ME will want to pick us up at 7:30pm at the latest and so that doesn't leave us much time to eat. So I don't know if we can keep it. It's the only time I found...so not sure if we could just show up earlier? I really want to eat there, but it's hard finding an ADR that fits our time. So maybe I'll just cancel this and make some other ADR - maybe we'll even go back to Tiffins!
Depart 9:53pm back home :(

That's our plans for Pandora Preview weekend! We left it mostly open, so we can move stuff around if needed :) Looking forwa
rd to all the DISmeets too!!:grouphug:

Whoo! Besides being at the same resort and doing the Pandora preview the same day, we're planning to hop over to Epcot on the 19th after our morning tour and some FP's :thumbsup2 Also a good chance we'll be back for Happily Ever After that night so a DisMeet is definitely happening :cool1:

:laughing: Ours is at 7:20 pm. We might!

Oh that's so funny! Let me know when you get there!

See you real soon!

I think this is really the only acceptable way to end a Disney trip... have plans to return two weeks later :lmao:

Haha, yeah I hope this doesn't become a habit, LOL
Meanwhile, I'm SO jealous you'll be there on May 4th!!! :chewy:

I know I was so jealous of people who were there for May the 4th previous years!! Actually I'm really jealous of everyone who was at Star Wars celebration this past weekend!

Woohoo!

I'm so jealous! I almost took off this year to go over, but I'll already be off on May 1 for my girl's weekend trip. 2 days off the week of graduation... probably not the best time for a career counselor to be out of the office :P

Haha anytime is the best time to go to Disney!

I'm going this weekend! I haven't been in so long, I have the urge. lol!

Lucky you!!

Hey, I worked there in college before it became a dine in!

Oh cool!!

If I don't make it there on my quick trip, I'll be at MK watching Wishes that night!

Cool maybe we'll catch you then!

Love your May trip plans!! How awesome that it is getting so close too!! I might have been under a rock but, isn't the Pandora stuff at AK going to be open for your trip? Or are you just not going because it will be insane? Pardon me if I missed something huge here lol..as you know I'm just getting back into the swing of Dis planning lol Also love your idea for a stay at the airport hotel again. I was trying to do that for our trip but it didn't work with the flight that we were able to get. But next time I will keep that in the back of my mind!

Pandora doesn't open until May 25th, or something like that. So we're just going for the passholder previews. And I bet it will be insane once it opens. We'll see in August!!
And we like doing the airport hotel on the first night because we travel so late. Don't want to pay for a deluxe room plus it's convenient, :)

Whoo! Besides being at the same resort and doing the Pandora preview the same day, we're planning to hop over to Epcot on the 19th after our morning tour and some FP's :thumbsup2 Also a good chance we'll be back for Happily Ever After that night so a DisMeet is definitely happening :cool1:
'

Yay!!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Your trip plans look amazing!!! So excited you'll get to preview Pandora! I'm always so excited to explore something new at Disney! :goodvibes

Your plans for your May trip sound so fun! I'll be interested your thoughts on the new MK shows (and of course, Pandora!).

Got an early ADR at Boma for 7:35am breakfast. I've not been here for breakfast before so really looking forward to it!

You'll LOVE the Boma breakfast - it's really good! Make sure you get a glass of juice (the same POG juice as Kona/Tusker House) and prepare yourself for an onslaught of tasty things. The other things that's nice is the restaurant is practically dead that early in the morning - it's a nice, calm way to start the day!

We have a late night flight and I managed to get the following ADR:
But I think it is too late, because even though our flight leaves at 10pm, ME will want to pick us up at 7:30pm at the latest and so that doesn't leave us much time to eat. So I don't know if we can keep it. It's the only time I found...so not sure if we could just show up earlier? I really want to eat there, but it's hard finding an ADR that fits our time. So maybe I'll just cancel this and make some other ADR - maybe we'll even go back to Tiffins!

We just got back from AKL and loved the atmosphere! I think you guys will have an amazing time. Sanaa was pretty packed--you might be able to get an earlier spot, but they might be running late, too. Is there any availability at Jiko? Our meal there was the best of the trip!

Your trip plans look amazing!!! So excited you'll get to preview Pandora! I'm always so excited to explore something new at Disney! :goodvibes

Thanks! It's been an exciting year. I have to pack everything in now that we have the AP.
I'm so glad they decided to hold previews for their AP holders. I've heard many complaints about how they don't treat their AP holders that well in the years past but this year so far has been great with all the discounts and previews and the extra month!

Your plans for your May trip sound so fun! I'll be interested your thoughts on the new MK shows (and of course, Pandora!).

I hope to be back with a new TR soon!

You'll LOVE the Boma breakfast - it's really good! Make sure you get a glass of juice (the same POG juice as Kona/Tusker House) and prepare yourself for an onslaught of tasty things. The other things that's nice is the restaurant is practically dead that early in the morning - it's a nice, calm way to start the day!

Oh I'm so happy you had a great time at Boma! I'm definitely getting some POG! Glad to know it's empty that time of day...more food for me. Hehe!

We just got back from AKL and loved the atmosphere! I think you guys will have an amazing time. Sanaa was pretty packed--you might be able to get an earlier spot, but they might be running late, too. Is there any availability at Jiko? Our meal there was the best of the trip!

Thanks for the info! I did actually find an earlier ADR for Sanaa! So I think we should be good, but now I am second-guessing myself thinking that I should spend more time at the parks since it's only a weekend trip. I'm not sure, I think I'll play it by ear! But I would really like that bread service!
I would love to try Jiko one day. I think it deserves more time than we have on that trip. I'll save it for our Fall trip in Oct/Nov - that trip is all about the food!

17 days until our early May trip!
Wahoo!!!

Our resort is the Boardwalk Villas! I rented points for a pool-view studio. Our first time here!
Nice!! I'll be paying attention to that review!

At some point we'll also do the Disney Visa character spot.
I need to figure out where this moved to as it has apparently moved since our last trip....

we definitely want to catch Wishes...probably the last time we'll be able to view this show!
:sad::sad::sad:

Not sure how late we can stay but i do want to get another Tangled magic shot.
I really want to do this in June!

I need to practice my Resting Lantern Face! :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

May the Fourth!
...be with you!! LOL. Btw, did I mention we got this "we do Star Wars" poster for our house? Have you seen this? It is like the "we do Disney" poster, if you have seen those.

I originally had a BoG breakfast booked so I could get that rose cup but since they are sold out, I was like, forget it, even if they do come back soon I didn't want to treck to MK just for a cup.
They are back but at Gaston's!!! Look there...oh and get me one, too....lol!

We have an early breakfast at Cape May Cafe
Love me some Cape May breakfast!

we'll catch a bus to POFQ, get some beignets, and then hop on the ferry to Disney Springs, hahaha. That sounds like a good plan to me!
Me, too!

the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Al Forno!
Yay! Can't wait to read all about it.

maybe DH will ride single rider for EE
If he can do it at night, have him...because it is AWESOME!

More DISmeets with the cool kids that I'm missing....

Then it's back to NJ, back to real life and adulting and all things boring. :sad::sad1::sad::sad1:

Barely time to get back to a routine before heading out again... :P

31 Days until Pandora Preview!
This was the last minute trip I booked once they announced AP Pandora previews. Our dates are from May 18-21st, so just barely 3 days in the world, our shortest trip yet, and booked barely 45 days out.
Your welcome for the heads up....(dontcha just love how I take all the credit???) :lmao:

I know that @ariane37 is staying here too so maybe we'll bump into each other! (I hope so!)
Stop posting about all these meets!!! LOL

Then we'll hop over to MK! Maybe we'll make some FP+ on the fly...but the real reason we're here is to watch the new castle show, Happily Ever After!! Yay!!
Yay! I can't wait to read all about it!

At 6pm our AP preview starts,
And this too!

I'm so looking forward to this in June. I hope you can find a way to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter