Christmas Shopping 2008

for your best friends kids, I was at Club Libby Lu a few weeks ago & they had $5 Hannah Montana & HSM t-shirts as well as $5 Pink Twinkle sets. I had to really work to talk myself out of getting them for DD. (she has plenty of stuff)
Also, awhile back I was at Catos (women & teen clothing store) & they had these 3 packs of shower gel with matching shower scrubbies for $2 each. You could divide them up & get 3 gifts for $2. If you know their sizes Catos also usually has some really cute shirts deeply clearanced for $3 or so each.

For your DNephew, instead of clothes, I'd recommend a few board books. I recommend 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear', ' & anything by Sandra Boynton. Everyone is going to want to be buying the little guy new clothes & you could add to his library.

For your 20-something BIL & SIL I'd suggest a movie basket or, if you know your DSILs favorite clothing store, a giftcard to that store.

For the Parisian-loving BFs wife, I haven't bought from them but I have this website bookmarked because I love the ribbon bracelets they have. Hopefully you can find something here. For the spouse, thinkgeek dot com is a great idea.

For the teachers, as a teacher all I have to say is please no mugs. A parent gave me a beach towel a few years ago & that was an awesome gift IMO.

Thanks for all the great info! We are going to Disneyland this weekend and they have a club Libby Lu at DTD so I'll definitely stop in and check it out. Unfortunately, we don't have a Catos here. :sad2:

Movie basket, great idea! And I love that frenchonline website! There are tons of things on there I could get her! Thank you so much for that! I'm tired of getting them gifts that feel like no thought was put into it. We bought her bday present while we were at the France Pavilion at Epcot and she just loved it!

Yay, I'm making progress, well at least on paper! :cool1:

C & C~ another gift for some of those hard-to-buy-fors: A Harry & David fruit basket!! they have a varied range of prices and they deliver. I am gonna get my grandfather and his wife one this year. A friend of ours used to get one from the boss every year--the pears are the best ever and the other goodies are just as good!! Moose crunch ,choc cherries, stuff like that. Check it out!!
Heck, I'ld be happy with the tiny box of Choc. covered cherries!!!

A quick ideas for kids: books on cd. I have found a set of 3 at TJ Maxx (2 Lion King/1 Tarzan or 3 Ariel) of books on cd for $4.99 ....this is a great gift for kids friends too. Also, if they have an MP3 player, you can load the stories right on to it.

For toddlers, check out the Lauri Berkner Band DVD/CD. The songs are great and you can play the CD in the car.

http://www.amazon.com/We-are-Laurie...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1223945761&sr=8-1

(it is less at Walmart)

For the teachers, as a teacher all I have to say is please no mugs. A parent gave me a beach towel a few years ago & that was an awesome gift IMO.

"No mugs" made me giggle! :laughing: Could you add "no lotions or candles" to that list! A beach towel is a neat idea- practical yet different! I've also had families bake breads or other yummy treats and wrap them in decorative dish/kitchen towels for use later.

Our local Big Lots had Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock for $50. It came with the game & guitar controller. If I wasn't bound & determined to be good & not buy any more Christmas stuff I would have snatched it up right then & there! Maybe I can suggest it to my mom for DS.

My list has gotten down to just one item... and I'm hoping to find a sale for it between now and the big day!

Kid’s Digital Camera- thinking of the Vtech Kidizoom $59.96 It's not the cheapest but has gotten better reviews than the Fisher Price one.

Oh and I need to get wrapping paper too!

Girl~ I love wrapping paper! I always get the paper from Hallmark-it's soooo pretty and it has those lines on the back so you always have straight edges!!!
I have a few 1/2 rolls left from last year, but I want to wait and see what is new for this year!!!

:lmao: :rotfl:
You crack me up! Are you one of those wrapping paper junkies that unwraps everything very carefully so you don't tear it and can admire it for all eternity!

We are having a Disney Christmas here! All of our Christmas gifts are Disney themed so the paper has to be Disney too! I'll have to check Hallmark!!

Actually I don't unwrap--I like surprises. I have never wanted to know about a gift before I got it! I remember once when I was a kid, I was helping mamma do laundry-well, she had sent me to put some clothes in their dresser & I guess she forgot she had just stashed some stuff in my dad's sock drawer.All I remember now was that it was a little gift-like a hair brush and cool clip set or something like that--anyway, I had this sick feeling and just busted out crying!!! She felt AWFUL!!! She kept apologizing and I just felt weird all day! I guess I am a surprise kinda girl!!!

My list has gotten down to just one item... and I'm hoping to find a sale for it between now and the big day!

Kid’s Digital Camera- thinking of the Vtech Kidizoom $59.96 It's not the cheapest but has gotten better reviews than the Fisher Price one.

Oh and I need to get wrapping paper too!

the disney pix max is $32.99 in the outlet

No I didn't mean unwrapping to sneak a peek. We make fun of my sister because she opens every gift (birthday or Christmas or whatever) sooo carefully because she likes the pretty paper. I just tear into it and ball the paper up. She makes Christmas morning last a really loooong time!

Ohhh, sorry Kim!! I know what you mean-no I don't do that either, My mom does.....I don't know what she does with it, but if it's really pretty she slowly opens, then puts it in the box with the gift to keep it.:confused: I know she has a stash somewhere.

Oh my gosh!! How cute is that? My little nephew is really into Cars--he'll be3 1/2 at Christmas time-I might get him this for fun!! I am getting my kids one for the next trip. I'll probably let them go pick it out after we surprise them. I think the ones I saw were around $20, but didn't look like that. Yeah, they are def cheaper than the 'kiddie' camera.

Okay shoppers!!!! Counting this weekend we have 9 shopping weekends left!!! Lets get that shopping going!! For those of you who only Christmas shop on BF--you only have 6weeks to go!!

Nine weeks?! My goodness, I'm not ready for Christmas yet! :shocked:

I just bought my DD3 (who adores the disney princesses) barbie sized princess dolls at KMart for 7.99 each. I got Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine & Ariel. They come with a ring for her. I also got an 8" Tinkerbell for 9.99. I've also gotten her a Baby Alive doll with carrier. Now I need to get her the Princess dress-up trunk (she loves to dress up), shoes & accessories. maybe a couple more small things.

So far I've only bought DS6 2 remote cars & an I-Dog for his Ipod. I know I'll get him a DS game but not sure what else yet.

& for DS17-it's probably an XBox 360 game & money to buy his own clothes.

We do a family gift instead of buying each other stuff. Last year it was a Wii so this year I guess it'll be Wii games & more remotes. We've had a blast with Wii!!!:cool1:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter