Christmas Gift ideas for young teen girl---no makeup or gift cards/cash

aliceindisneyland

DIS Veteran
I have Googled every which way and all that come up are lame "10 Best" lists with links to items I am sure the "writer" is only promoting for the affiliate link pay.
I am looking for Christmas gift ideas from $0 to $100 that a young teen girl (mine is 13) would like. I know what my daughter loves obviously but she always seems to have money on hand and buys what she likes as she earns cash. So I'm hoping this list could help grandmas and aunties as well as we approach Christmas, and give me a few ideas she has not seen in Hobby Lobby or at the mall. 😘
No makeup (personal care is fine) or gift cards/cash since those are a bit too easy and don't fit my family's preferences.

We also do experience gifts for my tween niece (12); things like passes to the local winterfest and indoor trampoline place.

Jewelry and bath product making kits are a hit too. Last year, the family got a snack box subscription that came with 6-8 different snack items from around the world and that was a huge hit with her. They opened one on Christmas and then got another one once a month for several months.

Caligraphy book/pens? Art paper and nice pencils, or journal and color pens? Is she into sports - any accessories for that? Tickets to see her favorite team play? New bedspread/lamp/mirror/pillows for her room? Cute slippers/pajamas?

That age is hard - part child still, part teenager.

How about:
- Clothing - this was my go-to for DD at this age, she was starting to express her individuality in her clothing choices more. Hoodies, favorite brand of tennis shoes/boots, comfy pajamas/robe/slippers are all good. My daughter got her first college Tshirt at that age from the school most of our family attended and LOVED it.
- Bluetooth speaker/headphones
- Scented lotions, bath gels (Bath and Body works tends to be popular with that age group)
- "Cute" backpack
- Magazine subscription - I found Teen Vogue relatively unobjectionable
- If she is into art, supplies for that, but not the kiddie stuff. Some good quality stuff. You can usually get a set of Prismacolor colored pencils on Amazon for a good price around Black Friday if she's into that sort of stuff - they are SO much better than the cheapo ones. Add a nice quality sketchbook and it's a great gift.
- Lap desk
- Clarisonic brush - if acne hasn't hit yet, it will soon!

Last edited:

Portable Phone Charger
New Cell Phone Case
Spotify subscription
Movie tickets
Small battery lights with photo clips that go above their bed
New Blanket or pillow cases
We redid my daughter's room and let her pick things out to decorate
Concert tickets
Crossbody purse
New wallet with money
Journal or Diary
Comfy pj bottoms

clip in color hair extensions
laser tag admission
board games
body lotion from bath and body works
insulated water bottle
outing to a paint your own pottery place (not a plaster fun time but real pottery)
teen craft kit
if she doesn't have one perhaps a starter pandora charm bracelet that relatives can get charms for
set of fun socks based on her interest
jewelry box

Pura Vida bracelet of the month club is something DD wants. You can buy it in 1, 3 month increments and they get a bracelet set sent to them monthly. Otherwise, PV bracelets themselves.
Hydroflask water bottles
scrunchies
Black Dog, Vineyard Vines, hoodies or spirit jerseys of places they've been are big here

I got my DD a waterproof camera. It looks like and does everything a GoPro does but it's cheaper. I found a good one on Amazon for $60 and got all the accessories to go with it.

Expensive but all the teens around here love lululemon leggings, Pandora has really cute charm holders for necklaces, and those Polaroid type cameras are fun.

I bought a friend’s daughter a pretty sleeping bag from PB Teen with her name embroidered on it. It was a big hit, she uses it for her Girl Scout camping trips and sleepovers at her friends’ houses.

Sephora does a fragrance sampler in December where it’s like $50 for a dozen perfume samples plus a certificate for a normal sized bottle of whichever sample is your favorite. I have given it as a gift to women of several ages and it always goes over well. Sephora also has “Play” which is a sample box of 6 samples for $10/month. I think samplers are great gifts because it’s often things people wouldn’t buy for themselves, yet they might fall in love with a new product!

I used to like to give a book and the DVD inspired by the book, but do teens still buy DVDs?

My daughter is 14. Some of her wants this year are: Wireless headphones, clothes (particullary Abercrombie and Vans), Kavu sling bag, anything from Bath & Body, North Face jacket.

Book Box subscription! Delivers a book a month, along with art or trinkets, depending on the subscription.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts