Christmas gift for RVing parents

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
Happy Monday Fort friends!

My parents have a Forest River Vibe with the steps that don't touch the ground. We are considering purchasing new steps for them that are nice and sturdy and they are supported by the legs to the ground. I am sure some of ya'll have RVs that have this type.

We know the width of their door is 24 inches.

My parents are 70 and have 3 dogs. I really feel like this would give them stability and it might make it where my dad does not have to lift the older big dog as much.

What do ya'll think? Do you think it would be a great idea? Any opinions?

Also, I have been looking for some Fort Wilderness coffee mugs. I can't find any online (except ebay and it is the glass ones). I sure wish Disney Shopping would represent! They have other resorts! Does anyone know where?

Thank you!
Carrie

When we bought our coach we found that the steps were a good bit higher than we anticipated. Both my wife and WookieBear our 14 yr. old dog found it a bit rough. Got an independent standing step and that has been a God send. WookieBear and Lucille each found it easier to reach the bottom step. They come in a variety of colors and sizes and one model allows for height adjustment as well.

FtW Mike, Do you know where you bought the stand alones? I could do a quick google but if you really like yours it would be nice to know.

2goofycampers, I love the link you sent! My sister and I looked at those first and then found out that my parent's width is 24 inches and they don't make them that width! I am going to look one more time. etrailer is where we found one that I think will fit.

We have a RV and I would have changed our a long time ago if they sold them. When the kids were little, it would have so nice to not bounce the RV so much coming in and out.

Thanks for your replies!
Carrie

We have a RV and I would have changed our a long time ago if they sold them. When the kids were little, it would have so nice to not bounce the RV so much coming in and out.

Thanks for your replies!
Carrie

Looking at the link, this is the first thing I thought of. I never considered changing out our steps. But, when I consider the difference it would make with the bouncing as people enter and exit...it's certainly worth a look! :magnify:

They are Morryde, both doors must be completely open to fold them in, but the doors open normal, no interference. If you have a tight hallway, they might not fit. if its raining, the stairs are wet, you can only dry them so much, especially if it is still raining/snowing, best to put a towel down before folding them up. Also they are adjustable, about 10"

Hi guys! I thought I would come back and let ya'll know that we did order the Solidstep 24 inch stairs for my parents. We are shipping them to my brother's house (he lives near them) because my parent's are traveling to my house for Christmas. That way they are not opening them here and then trying to get them back to Texas. We are wrapping a picture instead. I will come back and let ya'll know how they fit and how happy we are with them (or not) after Christmas. My brother is going to take them to their house after they get back home and help my dad install them.

After we get the steps installed, we would like to see if either a handmade handrail or finding one to buy might be nice. They do have one attached to the RV and it could be all they need. Also the Morryde brand makes a "tool box" that installs where the old stairs used to store under the RV. I would like to see if they have one that would fit in that spot.

Hope this helps anyone else that might be considering an upgrade! I am really hoping that it helps the dogs get in and out. My dad lifts the biggest one up and down. I know they could invest in a ramp but I know my dad will not go to the trouble! He is hard headed! ha

Thanks for all the suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts