2/3 cup Shortening
3/4 Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
4 tsp Milk
2 cups Flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

Cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and mix in. Add milk and mix in. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to mixture. Divide in half and chill 1 hour. Roll on floured surface and cut into desired shape. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. -------WATCH! The burn easily.

This makes a small batch. I usually double it.

Icing
1# Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
6 Tbsp White Syrup

Mix together. Add a little water to right consisrency. Add desired food coloring. This icing can get really running fast! Be careful.

I'm confused with the icing instructions. What is 1# powdered sugar ?? How much???

Those are SO cute! I've never seen anything like them. I love snowmen and decorate my house for the winter with them....these cookies fit right in! :goodvibes

The snowmen cookies are so cute. I'm wondering does the icing harden up so the cookies can easily be stacked?

Yup, we leave them set up over night and stack them in a tub.
We made 23 different cookies and candies this year!
You can see them in their tub on the left. ;o)
DSC07409.jpg

I have a couple new cookies recipes to share. I just have to get them from my mom...

I will be making a couple cookies trays this week for DH and I to take to our "Holiday" parties at work so hopefully I will remember to take some picturs.

Just had to post and say how adorable those cookie piles look. I never get organized enough to make that many great looking cookies. If I make 3 kinds each Xmas I'm doing well.

WOW! You do take your cookie making seriously! How long does that lot last, or do you give them as gifts?

WOW! You do take your cookie making seriously! How long does that lot last, or do you give them as gifts?

We make huge trays of cookies and take them to all of our holiday parties through new years. Everyone knows and waits for our cookies to arrive and then they attack! That gets rid of a good portion of them. I am going to also take my Grandma and assorted tub of cookies. We eat the a lot of them. We don't make desserts in December except for Christmas dinner. DS will have one or two after dinner. Once in a while when we are present wrapping Christmas cookie become supper... :rolleyes1 We keep them in tubs in the garage where it is cold so they stay fresh and we eat on them for a couple months. Come spring there are usually a couple of the not so favorites left that we toss out to the birds and squirrls.

We have a staff meeting today and tomorrow here at work. Normally we only have one day of meetings and the guys know I always bring in cookies for the Christmas staff meeting and they were disappointed I didn't bring in cookies today... They asked where the cookies where.

They will be here tomorrow! ;) Apparently they didn't eat breakfast to save room for more cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter