Christmas cookie recipes??

Great pics, MickeyWanaBe and KatGarcia! Those reindeer cookies are adorable! :)

Here are some cookie recipes that I posted on another thread. Please forgive me for not typing out the recipes. It would take a little too long.

Here's a recipe for lemon raspberry thumbprint cookies.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...y-lemon-thumbprint-cookies-recipe2/index.html

It's best to let the dough chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before you fill and bake them. When I make these cookies, I leave out the Chambord.

-------------------------------------

Here's a recipe for rugelach.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/rugelach-recipe/index.html

--------------------------------------

Here's a recipe for gingerbread cookies.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/gingerbread-boys-and-girls-recipe/index.html

Just so you'll know, there is a typo that has never been corrected in this recipe. The recipe should call for 2 3/4 cups of flour NOT 3 3/4 cups. The first time I made this recipe, I didn't read the reviewers' warnings and ended up with dry, tasteless cookies. :sad2:

--------------------------------------

Here's a recipe for chocolate snowballs that I want to try this year.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...ce=SearchResultPage&terms=chocolate snowballs

The tree is up (we are not have Turkey Day at our house this year. :thumbsup2 ) and we are ready to start on our cookies on Saturday! :santa:

If I remember I will take some pictures and post them here. I will also try to find the chocolate candy cane cookie recipe to post. I have had a couple PMs about them.

Happy cookie making!

I am putting together the grocery list for the cookie making and I found the chocolate candy cane cookie recipe.

Chocolate-Candy Cane Cookies

1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1 pkg (6 oz) premium white baking chocolate
12 hard peppermint candy canes. crushed

Preheat oven to 350. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Blend in semi-sweet chocolate.

Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 52 balls. Roll each ball into 3 inch-long rope. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet, bending top of each slightly to resemble a candy canes.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned; cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Microwave white chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until chocolate is firm.

The reindeer cookies, datenut pinwheels and chocolate chips are done. Baserlakerlies, press cookies, pecan kisses, ameretto cookies, leamon melt aways and cake mix cookies are in being mixed or chilled right now.

Kamden and auntie Jen are making it snow in Grandma's house...
DSC08012.jpg

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

Happy cookie making!

Making those pretzel thingys.
DSC08033.jpg

50 small pretzel twists
50 pieces Rolo candies
50 pieces whole pecans or walnuts

Place pretzels on a baking sheet. Top with one Rolo candy. Place in a warm (250 degree) oven to just let the Rolo candy warm or start to melt on top of pretzel. Smash pecan or walnut down on top. Cool.

DSC08039.jpg

Coconut Joys

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups coconut (8 oz)
2 squares (2 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted

Melt butter in sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and coconut. Mix well. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls. Make indent in center of each and place on cookie sheet. Fill centers with melted chocolate. Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes 3 dozen.

The reindeer cookies, datenut pinwheels and chocolate chips are done. Baserlakerlies, press cookies, pecan kisses, ameretto cookies, leamon melt aways and cake mix cookies are in being mixed or chilled right now.

Kamden and auntie Jen are making it snow in Grandma's house...
DSC08012.jpg

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

Happy cookie making!

In the first picture, there is a bottle of Coke? I have not seen that shape of bottle. Is it new? I have a friend who collects Coke items. Also love the pics of your son decorating cookies. I made similar cookies on Sunday with my girls, but forgot to take some pics.

In the first picture, there is a bottle of Coke? I have not seen that shape of bottle. Is it new? I have a friend who collects Coke items. Also love the pics of your son decorating cookies. I made similar cookies on Sunday with my girls, but forgot to take some pics.

They are available for $1 each at Walmart. :thumbsup2

DSC08039.jpg

Coconut Joys

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups coconut (8 oz)
2 squares (2 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted

Melt butter in sauce pan. Remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and coconut. Mix well. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls. Make indent in center of each and place on cookie sheet. Fill centers with melted chocolate. Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes 3 dozen.

These look really yummy and my favorite candy bars are almond joy and mounds, but I do have a stupid question. Isn't the chocolate really bitter if you don't sweeten it? THanks, I want to try this.

These look really yummy and my favorite candy bars are almond joy and mounds, but I do have a stupid question. Isn't the chocolate really bitter if you don't sweeten it? THanks, I want to try this.

Nope, the chocolate actually balances out the sweet coconut and powdered sugar. :thumbsup2

They are available for $1 each at Walmart. :thumbsup2

Yup! :thumbsup2

We were actually making fun of my sister for buying it because you can buy a whole 2 liter bottle of soda cheaper...

She said she bought it because it was really cool and she would just refill it... ;) It was an impulse buy and I think she was making excuses.

Yup! :thumbsup2

We were actually making fun of my sister for buying it because you can buy a whole 2 liter bottle of soda cheaper...

She said she bought it because it was really cool and she would just refill it... ;) It was an impulse buy and I think she was making excuses.

Oh , I know. After my 12 year old DD convinced me to buy them I realized what a rip off! But they are so cute. Did you notice there are two different styles? One has Santa and the other has the polar bear.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...
It's time to bump this thread back up to the top!

We are starting our Christmas cookies this weekend! We have to have them finished for a Christmas party the first weekend in December! :scared1:

Here is another cookie I don't think we made last year. We forgot about them. My mom had to e-mail me the picture to refresh my memory... :thumbsup2

DSC08713.jpg

They are so cute! I can't believe we forgot about them!

I will post the recipe sometime in the next couple days.

Don't forget to go to the Food Network site & sign up for their "12 Days of Cookies" - get a new recipe 12 (sometimes 13) days in a row. :)

DSC08713.jpg

Snowman Cookies

2/3 cup Shortening
3/4 Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
4 tsp Milk
2 cups Flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

Cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and mix in. Add milk and mix in. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to mixture. Divide in half and chill 1 hour. Roll on floured surface and cut into desired shape. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. -------WATCH! The burn easily.

This makes a small batch. I usually double it.

Icing
1# Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
6 Tbsp White Syrup

Mix together. Add a little water to right consisrency. Add desired food coloring. This icing can get really running fast! Be careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter