Christmas 2010 trip anyone interested?

1) How are you handling flights and where are you finding good deals? Through the airline websites? Expedia? Travelocity? CheapFlights? Travel Agent?
I usually start pricing on Orbit, then I move over to the airline with the best price and see what they can do. Occasionally they will match the price (once they even went lower!). I should have booked a month ago when I saw $150 flights, but we weren't solid on who was going, so I didn't. Bummer!!! :upsidedow

2) Would you prefer a meet-up activity to be based on the number of 'registered' google calendar peoples (i.e. the more the merrier), or would you prefer an activity be on a specific day (i.e. Friday night, Tuesday afternoon, etc).
I think I like the idea of there will be a meet here, here, here and here (spanning all the dates that have a few people at the World), and those who can show up, well, show up. ;)

3) Would you prefer an organized, food related meet-up that requires ressies, or a loose, 'we meet here and go on rides as a group' type meet-up?
I'd think ADRs might be harder to coordinate and, depending on the number of people, be able to sit together. Could work in smaller groups. A combo of both types of meets would work well, I think. :thumbsup2

I am booked for VWL November 28 - December 3rd but may come down earlier and stay at POP for a few days...:rotfl2:

Please add me a newbie to any communication for this. Thanks

Mike - Didn't see your last post until now. You don't have the hand the keys over, per se. I am happy to help and/or to have help in planning. :)

Speaking of, are there any new peoples that are going in December and want to be added to the google calendar or join the thread?

I think an Illuminations cruise seems like something to try for since a number of people have expressed an interest, but its too early to try and book yet.

To keep the thread alive - I have some questions that ya'll can chime in with an answer on:

1) How are you handling flights and where are you finding good deals? Through the airline websites? Expedia? Travelocity? CheapFlights? Travel Agent?

2) Would you prefer a meet-up activity to be based on the number of 'registered' google calendar peoples (i.e. the more the merrier), or would you prefer an activity be on a specific day (i.e. Friday night, Tuesday afternoon, etc).

3) Would you prefer an organized, food related meet-up that requires ressies, or a loose, 'we meet here and go on rides as a group' type meet-up?

Wasre & DisneyMiss, I have added you to the calendar:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=carey@roadsendfilms.com

Disnuz66 - do you know your dates? I saw your other thread and based on the number of adult/solo December Thread people that will be in the parks, I think a Monday, December 6th meet is probable. Also maybe Monday, December 13th, and possibly Friday, December 3rd.

These three days could be for any ressie type $$ meets like an Illuminations Cruise or a sit down dinner, and all other possible December date meets could be casual "we meet here and go ride" type events.

What does the thread think? These questions are sort of rehashed from previous posts, so I have a feeling in general folks will like the idea.

Also, even though I know for a fact that I will be doing some Verry Merry Christmas Parties, I vote we DO NOT try to organize anything formal during those types of events, because they cost extra to attend. Agreed?

Only seven months left!!!

:grouphug:

Disnuz66 - do you know your dates? I saw your other thread and based on the number of adult/solo December Thread people that will be in the parks, I think a Monday, December 6th meet is probable. Also maybe Monday, December 13th, and possibly Friday, December 3rd.

These three days could be for any ressie type $$ meets like an Illuminations Cruise or a sit down dinner, and all other possible December date meets could be casual "we meet here and go ride" type events.

What does the thread think? These questions are sort of rehashed from previous posts, so I have a feeling in general folks will like the idea.

Also, even though I know for a fact that I will be doing some Verry Merry Christmas Parties, I vote we DO NOT try to organize anything formal during those types of events, because they cost extra to attend. Agreed?

Sounds good!! I think a couple of formal and several informal is the way to go. :thumbsup2 We'll be hitting at least one MVMCP, too. :santa:

My dates are wide open. It helps that I live close. Just let me know dates and activity.

Bumping just the keep this thread on the first page. :) Any new December-going peeps want to be added to the Google Calendar?

We finally booked our flights. We're leaving at 5:30a!!! The kids are just going to be a blast waking up at 3:00a to get to the airport. They have school the day before, so we'll be taking it easy and, uh, going to bed as soon as they get home. :laughing: Tradeoff? We get to MCO at 11:30a. We usually don't get in until around 3:00p, and by the time we get settled, it's dinner time and we've lost a lot of the day. Definitely have plans to enjoy the Poly and hit DTD for dinner. Now, if it could just be December. Now!

My ADR window is fast aproaching. I'll be there Dec 4-12. Anyone want to share a meal or 2 let me know.

So does anyone have any preference for group get togethers? A couple of suggestions that have been thrown around are get a private viewing area for Illuminations fireworks, or a Fireworks cruise.

I looked at the calendar Oregongirl was nice enough to put together and share the link to. It looks like the majority of the group will be there between the 5th and 11th. How interested are people in doing just a casual get together type thing? Because everyone's personal financing will vary, are there many people interested in an event that costs money up front?

I definitely think a big dining ressie would be a good thing to look into, especially since ADR windows will soon open like DrZoidberg states. I know I'm planning to go to at least a couple MVMCP nights while I'm there.

Thoughts?

I am open to anything. I am starting to plan my trip useing Touring Plans crowd callender. I am up for any large group events but am also cool if anyone wants to share a meal at any time with smaller groups.

Bumping....

And I am thinking of organizing something bigger and with a cost involved (like an Illuminations cruise or dessert party) for Monday, December 6th, and maybe suggested a similar event for Monday, December 13th (however I can't plan that one cause I won't be at WDW then). And I am thinking that all other days could be more casual "let's all meet and go for some rides" or "let's do a massive ADR and restaurant A or restaurant B). What do people think?

Bumping!!!

Also, DisNut66 - I want to add you to the Google Calendar but I either need a specific date range or, (since I get that you live close by and can pop in and out whenever) I could put you down from December 1-31 with a note that you're a Florida day tripper. Which would you prefer?

MaryPoppinsToo - I have added you to the calendar!

EVERYONE: I see on the calendar that some folks are leaving/coming on Monday, December 6th. I am pretty sure I'd like to organize an Illuminations Dessert Party for either Monday, December 6th or Sunday, December 5th. I NEED TO KNOW:

A) If you are willing to pay to attend this event.
B) Which day you would prefer.

I am specifically talking to:

lovemickeyshouse
PolyndianPrincessJes
Tinky-Belle
LuvSnowWhite
Wasre
jenscourt
BLTLDZ
DrZoidberg
pdchris
Disneydonnam
btowndude
dazzling
DisNut66

ALSO - DrZoidberg or Lauren_Elizabeth - I won't be at WDW on December 13 but enough disboards people are that maybe another meet is in order. But I can't plan it. Do either of you want to handle that?

Thanks all! :) New peoples always welcome to join in the thread and get added to the calendar!

------------------------------------------------

OregonGirl (29) princess: [[ Mom (57) :cutie: Dad (58) :cool2: ]]

Oregon Family of 3 - Nov 1-11, 2007 – Boardwalk Inn (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl - Our August 2008 Disneyland visit - Marriot Residence Inn Maingate (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3 – January 24-31, 2009 – Boardwalk Inn concierge (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3, December 6-12th 2009, Boardwalk Inn concierge ºoº (Mouseplanet TR with pre-trip info)

NEXT DISNEY TRIP - DECEMBER 2nd - 11th 2010 - Boardwalk Inn club level

I'd be interested in going on either date (I live in Florida so I can pretty much make it any night that I'm not teaching). And I'd love to chip in for an illuminations cruise.

>oregongirl
I can't commit to anything just yet. However, my preference would be for Sunday as I arrive on Saturday and, by tradition, Epcot is my first park to visit.

I just saw the park hours and the MK is opened late on that Monday. I think the Sunday night we would prefer also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter