• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Choosing a Moderate

goofiestforWDW

Earning My Ears
:bounce: Hello, My husband and I are heading to WDW in May. We stayed at WL for his first trip ever in Sept 2000. I've been 6 times before--I stayed at PO-R (when it was DL) in 1998 and other non-moderate resorts.
We want to book a moderate other than PO-R since I've stayed there.
CSR looks great, but I think people in suits, there for work, might take away from some of the magic. I've heard that CBR is the most run down. So, we're leaning toward PO-FQ. It looks cute with the "gas" lamps and I like that it's on the river. But is the boat still running to DDD?

What are your thoughts?
-Transportation, theming (and the "feel of Disney"), decent food court options are most important to us.
Thanks in advance!

i just read another thread that says PO-FQ will be closed until 9/30/02.
So, between PO-R (which I've already stayed)
CSR and CBR...what do you think?
Thanks!

I understand that they have recently finished refurbishing all the room at CBR. I've stayed there a few times and less than a year before the started the refurbishment. I thought it was very nice then and everything that I've seen since says that it is even better now. I love the themeing at CBR.

My favorite is PO-FQ but I know that it is closed right now and everything that I've heard says October before it re-opens. I love PO-R as well but with the Mansions closed and services cut back, I think it is a good time to try others until PO-R is back to it's old self again. I believe that the boat to DD is still not running at this time.

So, my vote right now would clearly be for CBR.

CSR of course. The conventions really don't take away from your stay. They are busy doing their thing.

Check out my info page below.

Good luck deciding!

DW & I loved CS! We saw the suits only once when we ate breakfast & that was on our last day. Ask for the cabanas(8B, corner room, 2nd floor). You can't go wrong here. and yes, I've stayed at other moderates. Cs is the best I've seen.

CBR is beautiful and absolutely NOT run down! I just returned less than a week ago from my second stay there. They have just completely refurbished every guest room on the property. Check out my web site below for info and pictures!!!! :)

I heard Port Orleans was really nice. We were going to stay there but switched our reservations to the Yacht Club at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter