Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Thanks for the FB group, I just added it! I think I'm just about done with my dining at this point, but there's still 1 I'm looking for.

We leave 3 months from tomorrow! Can't wait!

Sorry, I'm a bit behind :) This is how I feel I want our trip to get here but I know it will fly by and then be over and I'll be sad. It's a catch 22.

Oh and on the topic of trades I don't know if anyone on here is in this group but there is an ADR group for November on FB. It became pretty obvious over the weekend that some people had booked Minnie dinners just to trade and get something they want. I'm glad the dis doesn't allow trades because that's the kind of thing that can happen not that everyone who wants to trade has done that but obviously some people do.

What is that link for FB ??

Well, that's kind of what I mean. Who is going to be in line first thing that they are telling me I'm going to have a 53 minute wait? I haven't fully decided if we will ride Jungle Cruise that morning or not because we have two full days, MVMCP, and then probably a few hours on our last day after we finish at AK I just put that in since I thought we would go the opposite of the crowd and head left (if what I read was valid and most people will be heading to the right) and it's made me question how accurate TP is now.

A little over 20 years ago DH read a planning book that said go from the back of the park to the front. It seemed as though everyone there read that book. lol We took a long Disney break after that and although I am sure that everyone from all the groups I am on would be shocked I do not have the temperment to plan. My older kids and I looked through books and decided what we wanted to do and went to the park and did them. No touring plan what so ever. DH saw the reviews on TP room selection. I have looked at the sight but that is as far as I have gotten. My daughter is going next week and I do not think she has plugged in anything to TP.

BTW we went to Jungle Cruise early in the day in May and had little wait.

A little off topic but what do you all do with your 'cancellation' emails when you cancel an ADR? Do you keep them or delete? Have you ever been billed for an ADR that you cancelled well in advance?

A little off topic but what do you all do with your 'cancellation' emails when you cancel an ADR? Do you keep them or delete? Have you ever been billed for an ADR that you cancelled well in advance?
I just keep mine, but I'm really bad about deleting emails anyway and it is more from laziness than anything intentional. I've never been charged in error for canceling in advance.

Once I confirm it's no longer on MDE I delete them. But I use Gmail and never empty my trash/deleted items folder so I figure I can always pull them if needed.

How much planning for ADRs do y'all think I should do for a November honeymoon? Right now I have one TS ADR a day, two on one day. Normally I'm a planner, and I've been to Disney a bajillion times, but I hate to bog down a honeymoon with scheduled meals!

No we were never billed however they send out reminders and we received one for an ADR that we cancelled. We did verify that it had been cancelled

How much planning for ADRs do y'all think I should do for a November honeymoon? Right now I have one TS ADR a day, two on one day. Normally I'm a planner, and I've been to Disney a bajillion times, but I hate to bog down a honeymoon with scheduled meals!

I would schedule the most important ADRs but leave some unscheduled meals. There are some great places where you can get a last minute ADR.

One thing DH and I enjoyed doing in May was the monorail barhop There are some good foods on the appetizer menus

I would schedule the most important ADRs but leave some unscheduled meals. There are some great places where you can get a last minute ADR.

One thing DH and I enjoyed doing in May was the monorail barhop There are some good foods on the appetizer menus

Monorail bar hop sounds like a blast! Since it's the last week of the food & wine festival (that's a disney bucket list item for me, I've never been), we really want to drink and snack around the world one day.

Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new here and am learning so much! Will be in Disney Nov 14-19 and I am currently stalking Be Our Guest dinner reservations. Lol.
My question is if you guys have a preferred alert service for dining such as Disney Dining Buddy? Not sure which one is best. Any thoughts.

Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new here and am learning so much! Will be in Disney Nov 14-19 and I am currently stalking Be Our Guest dinner reservations. Lol.
My question is if you guys have a preferred alert service for dining such as Disney Dining Buddy? Not sure which one is best. Any thoughts.

Welcome!! I can't speak to the best dining search tool but I was able to get a BOG ressie by following the November cancellation thread. There's a follow thread button on the top right of the thread and you'll get an email when someone makes a new post with a cancellation. You'll need to view the message because you only get one email alert until you go back to the thread so you want to make sure to view the message so you get all the new posts.

Hope that helps!! And good luck!!

I've used Disney Dining Buddy and Disney Dining Scout and have had good luck with both. Buddy is more expensive though at $8 per search.

For sure, wdeewtools has been fastest.

For sure, wdeewtools has been fastest.

I think it works differently for everyone. I've heard other people say scout and then other people say buddy. I don't think there is one that is better than the other because they are all searching at different times so it's very possible for one to miss an opening if it doesn't happen to search at the exact right time.

I use Scout since it is cheaper. It checks for ressies every 30 minutes (it says anyway!). It has helped me with a couple ressies, but honestly, these boards help WAY more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter