Childfree (by choice) Disney Lovers!

dark-side-cookie-apron.jpg

well it's not Disney, but DH and I are getting ready to book our first cruise!!! We talked it over and decided on a cruise instead of Disney b/c of cost. We can sail out of Galveston without having to fly anywhere. After a lot of back and forth and research, we have decided on a 7 Day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Magic out of Galveston next November! We're so excited as the Magic is still being built right now, so it will be a brand new ship!! We've finally decided on an inside stateroom and have kinda picked out a stateroom number that will hopefully still be available when we book soon! All in all, the actual cost will be just under $1500 for the two of us...(plus maybe a shore excursion and a little drink/coffee money!!)

We really wanted to go to Disney, but even with a value resort, adding in tickets, food and the cost of flights it would have cost close to $3000 altogether.

Come on down south... we have cookies! :cool:

Or North, we have we....... um, nevermind:rolleyes1:smokin:
cornut.gif
:lmao:...anywho,

Good day everyone
mwave.gif

Happy Friday, hope everyone has a fun and/or relaxing weekend planned....me not so much. Today I start my first 4 days of vacation then I go back to work for 2, off for 5, back for 2, off for 2. Next weekend I will be spending in the U.S. but this weekend I get the joy of doing reno's :rolleyes: I just have to say, the inventors of parquet flooring and wallpaper need to be shot:headache: I'll be so glad when all this is done and I can get back to my carefree life:laughing:

DH and I are planning for our next trip (some year) to go to Paris and Egypt. He's been to Paris a few times but this will be my first and I told him that a must do for me is Disneyland Paris, he is not so excited about that but since he gets to see Egypt, he's sucking it up. Well much to my surprise yesterday I got an email from Disney Insider about a Disney Adventure trip to Egypt:yay: I showed DH and after a few explicit words, let's just say we won't be going on that adventure :laughing: (for those of you that don't know, DH is NOT a Disney fan and has said he's had enough Disney for 10 lifetimes
out.gif
)

Come on down south... we have cookies!

And humidity! :faint:

True... but a lot less snow! :cold:

Or North, we have we....... um, nevermind:rolleyes1:smokin:
cornut.gif
:lmao:...anywho,

Cheryl, those cookies down South are too damn hot and humid:lmao: I respectfully decline your invitation :hug: I need my snow!:yay:

I told DH- "how in the heck am I going to survive down South?" (where HE wants to go!) Like I keep saying- "VA is as far South as my butt is going. And THAT'S pushing it mister". :laughing: Men are thick- but I think he might be getting now! I keep telling him RI has some good sailing :rolleyes:

Kris! I am SO there! Now, your kinda cookies I DO like hot (out of the oven that is!) :thumbsup2:worship: :rotfl2:

well it's not Disney, but DH and I are getting ready to book our first cruise!!! We talked it over and decided on a cruise instead of Disney b/c of cost. We can sail out of Galveston without having to fly anywhere. After a lot of back and forth and research, we have decided on a 7 Day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Magic out of Galveston next November! We're so excited as the Magic is still being built right now, so it will be a brand new ship!! We've finally decided on an inside stateroom and have kinda picked out a stateroom number that will hopefully still be available when we book soon! All in all, the actual cost will be just under $1500 for the two of us...(plus maybe a shore excursion and a little drink/coffee money!!)

We really wanted to go to Disney, but even with a value resort, adding in tickets, food and the cost of flights it would have cost close to $3000 altogether.

:woohoo: Good for you!!! I've only been on one cruise but I loved it! Actually I would prefer a cruise that would just stay out to sea. It is so relaxing.

Try and get a room towards the lower part of the ship- less motion. We had a room right at water lever. It was SO cool to look out the window and the water was right there.

The food was my favorite part of the cruise! The vegetarian options were to die for! One night I was late for dinner. Our waiter told me he ordered me 2 veggie dinners b/c he was not sure which one I would want!:love: They were both incredible. Your waiter will become your best friend:dance3:

Good day everyone
Happy Friday, hope everyone has a fun and/or relaxing weekend planned....me not so much. Today I start my first 4 days of vacation then I go back to work for 2, off for 5, back for 2, off for 2. Next weekend I will be spending in the U.S. but this weekend I get the joy of doing reno's :rolleyes: I just have to say, the inventors of parquet flooring and wallpaper need to be shot I'll be so glad when all this is done and I can get back to my carefree life

DH and I are planning for our next trip (some year) to go to Paris and Egypt. He's been to Paris a few times but this will be my first and I told him that a must do for me is Disneyland Paris, he is not so excited about that but since he gets to see Egypt, he's sucking it up. Well much to my surprise yesterday I got an email from Disney Insider about a Disney Adventure trip to Egypt I showed DH and after a few explicit words, let's just say we won't be going on that adventure :laughing: (for those of you that don't know, DH is NOT a Disney fan and has said he's had enough Disney for 10 lifetimes

LOL Kris- my DH is the same way. He used to like it and then after too many trips in such a short amount of time- he said he is "Disney'ed out" I am hoping he gets back "in" after our next trip :laughing: I think it has been about 3 years since he has been! That should be enough time away. LOL

Egypt and Paris!!!! Way cool! :woohoo: Maybe you will at least get to see DLP!! Just don't push it with Egypt :rotfl2:

Good luck with the renovations- ugh!:guilty:

Not much planned for this weekend. We are going over SILs house on Sunday- she is having a b-day cake for me, my mom and MIL. Yup I share a b-day with my MIL and my mom's b-day is 2 days after mine. The family is lucky b/c they can get us all taken care of with one cake:rotfl2: Actually my 2 nephews had b-days this week and they usually share the cake too, but not this time.

SIL said she is just going to throw a log on the cake instead of putting the amount of "years" in candles. The log would be easier. Or, she said she will light the chiminea and we can all sing around that. She's a frickin' riot she is. :rolleyes:

Glad to have found this group! My husband and I have been together for almost 9 years and will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary this September. We are child-free and plan to be for quite some time to come. We're both looking into grad programs (so possibly relocating) and are in no rush for the commitment/work that having kids brings! We have two beautiful nieces and a fantastic nephew that keep us busy (and broke!).

I'm a veteran of 5 previous WDW trips (since 2000) and have given my DH the "bug" - he's now been 2x and is addicted as I am. Our last trip was this past December for our 2-week AKL Disneymoon.

We're also currently pet-less, though I'm hoping that changes in the near future. DH is deathly allergic to cats, but our apartment complex just began allowing small dogs, so I'm working him on that issue :)

It's nice to find a bunch of Disney nuts who are not "Dumbo or Die"!

Glad to have found this group! My husband and I have been together for almost 9 years and will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary this September. We are child-free and plan to be for quite some time to come. We're both looking into grad programs (so possibly relocating) and are in no rush for the commitment/work that having kids brings!

Welcome!!! :woohoo:

We have two beautiful nieces and a fantastic nephew that keep us busy (and broke!).

:rotfl2: I just mentioned to DH about 2 weeks ago that I need to start saving for my (oldest) niece's wedding. He said 'SHE'S EIGHT!!!" :lmao: Well, we have 2 nieces (8 and 5) and 3 nephews (1, 4 and 6 ) if I put away $10-$15 a week starting now- by the time they are all old enough to get married- I can give them a nice little chunk-o-change. No time like the present!popcorn:: Heck- I know if we had kids way back when we would have started saving for their future from the day we found out we were pregnant. So what's the difference? :rolleyes:

It's nice to find a bunch of Disney nuts who are not "Dumbo or Die"!

:lmao: When I read this all I could see was-
Rope Drop. Parents in sneakers running behind strollers. Children being dragged. People charging. Pushing. Shoving. The sound of hooves against the pavement. Chaos.
1sm117run-for-hills.gif

And us, leisurely strolling behind all of them, taking our old sweet time. Stopping at the MS Bakery for some goodies and a cup of coffee. Feeding the little birds and the ducks that are hanging out by our table.

Hi Alesia's family!! :cutie:

I would not say Cape May is horrible as in "ew"- it is actually pretty, now horribly expensive- YES!!!! NJ is disgusting.

I grew up in Jersey and couldn't wait to move south. Finally did it back in '01. Just packed up my cats, threw my stuff in a Uhaul and put my car on a tow dolly and hit 95S.

Ended up on the west coast of Florida with no home, no job and no friends. Within a week I had all three AND a Florida's resident's pass to Disney!!

Unfortunately, had to move back to NJ for a few years to be a good Aunt to my niece & nephew. Two years ago, moved to South Carolina (left all that wouldn't fit in my car in a storage unit in Edison). Like it here but it's too far from the ocean! However, we do live a sweet house that would cost about $500,000 in NJ!

At least it's only a 7 hour drive to WDW!!

Cheryl, those cookies down South are too damn hot and humid:lmao: I respectfully decline your invitation :hug: I need my snow!:yay:
Well, if the freeze gets too much for you by February you can always visit long enough to thaw out.

Not much planned for this weekend. We are going over SILs house on Sunday- she is having a b-day cake for me, my mom and MIL.
Happy Birthday!!

Glad to have found this group! My husband and I have been together for almost 9 years and will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary this September.
Welcome! We are an eclectic group, but mostly harmless to ourselves & others. ;)
Congrats on your first anniversary!

We're also currently pet-less, though I'm hoping that changes in the near future. DH is deathly allergic to cats, but our apartment complex just began allowing small dogs, so I'm working him on that issue :)
Just make sure before you get the dog he isn't allergic to dogs too.

:lmao: When I read this all I could see was-
Rope Drop. Parents in sneakers running behind strollers. Children being dragged. People charging. Pushing. Shoving. The sound of hooves against the pavement. Chaos.
1sm117run-for-hills.gif

And us, leisurely strolling behind all of them, taking our old sweet time. Stopping at the MS Bakery for some goodies and a cup of coffee. Feeding the little birds and the ducks that are hanging out by our table.
Strolling behind them?!? Nope, at that hour of the morning I'd still be sound asleep in my comfy resort room.

However, we do live a sweet house that would cost about $500,000 in NJ!
Crazy isn't it? The disparity of home prices the further south you come down the east coast?!?

Strolling behind them?!? Nope, at that hour of the morning I'd still be sound asleep in my comfy resort room.

:lmao: This is true!
But we did do rope drop once. :laughing: People were rushing down Main Street. We let them do their thang while we made a pit stop at the bakery for some french toast and coffee. We did share it with the birds too. :)

Never did a rope drop. Just never really appealed to me. When we go we aren't really in a rush per say just walk around and enjoy the day. Come what may. However we are really lucky to live 30minutes away to be able to do that.

Never did a rope drop. Just never really appealed to me. When we go we aren't really in a rush per say just walk around and enjoy the day. Come what may. However we are really lucky to live 30minutes away to be able to do that.

I like to try things at least once just to say I did it. :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1:laughing:

I like to try things at least once just to say I did it. :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1:laughing:

Ok, I admit...we pretty much always make it to the parks in time for rope drop. BUT, we are early risers anyway, so it's not like we're forcing ourselves up earlier than we normally would be anyway. We both run a bit of a commando style touring plan when we go.

Ok, I admit...we pretty much always make it to the parks in time for rope drop. BUT, we are early risers anyway, so it's not like we're forcing ourselves up earlier than we normally would be anyway. We both run a bit of a commando style touring plan when we go.

We're the same way. We're action vacationers!

Oh heck- if you are early risers, why not?!

I just made it a point on our 2006 trip to set the alarm one day so we could make the MK rope drop and see what all the hoopla was about. Now I can say, been there, done that, don't want to get up early for it again:laughing:

The MK rope drop is strange- if you actually look at all the dancing/singing when the train comes in, you are WAAY behind when the park opens. We can't wait for the train to arrive to scrunch even closer to the entry...:thumbsup2

I am not an early riser at all... with madd on this one. We meander in around 11AM usually.

Then again, we try to plan our vacations when school starts back up (Sept, Jan) so we can still get everything done and be back at the pool with a beer by 4 or so. ;)

I am not an early riser at all... with madd on this one. We meander in around 11AM usually.

Then again, we try to plan our vacations when school starts back up (Sept, Jan) so we can still get everything done and be back at the pool with a beer by 4 or so. ;)

Yup... we've never been morning folks. Roll into the park when ever, mid-day break at the resort & then a late evening is usually how we tackle things. For us it is hard enough getting up when the alarm rings for work so we enjoy having the days to sleep late & have the leisurely mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter