Childfree (by choice) Disney Lovers!

Pammie, thank you. You are very obviously not the kind of person I am referring to, and I hope that we can help you with the "adult" Disney experience. :goodvibes

I imagine that everyone, parent, teacher, etc. has had a point in their life/career that they have been so fed up by behavior that they would have that kind of thought or make such a comment. That would like include your children's teachers and caregivers.

I doubt it's a reflection of anything other than temporary frustration, and shouldn't be taken as "the scariest thing you can imagine."

Everybody gets fed up in every profession. I am sure that geriatrics personnel often find the habits of old people irritating.

Hey- I am back!

Just got back from a week in Mexico at a CHILD FREE all inclusive and it was HEAVEN!!!! DH and I cringed when we got to the airport and there were cranky kids all over the place:scared1::scared1: Reality check.

I see you are all behaving just as I would:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: pirate: Tiff- I see the job is going well:lmao::rotfl2: Thanks for the little tid bit of info BTW;)

Hi to some of my peeps with kids- YOU know who you are! If not- Tinker and Alesia:thumbsup2 Tinker- I love the was you describe Mr Wes:lmao: 70 yr old in a 3 yr old body- he is such a sweetie.

Anna- all I can say is- my partial hyster was the best thing I have ever done!! (Ok besides my lipo:rotfl2:) But, I feel so free!!! My tummy is flat, no periods- it has been nothing but positive!!!!!

And Welcome to the new CF people I may have missed.

I am looking forward to using the DDP our next trip for the 2TS restaurants. Hoping the few we are chosing this time will not have too many kids. With the exception of the Cali Grill. :guilty:

Welcome back Madd!! Glad you had a great trip, a childfree, all inclusive resort does sound like heaven:cloud9: Before you know it you will be back in the sun at Disney.:yay:

Cheryl, wishing you and your DH luck on the job interviews and a possible move.

Tiffany,:hug: kudos to you for even working with children especially the products of the breeders that feel their children are "entitled" to everything and leave the parenting up to the school system:sad2: I get the pleasure of working next to some of these kids just entering the work force and one word to describe them is USELESS.

Anyhow, hope y'all had a great weekend and may the week ahead be a breeze.

So will Canada be having a national holdiay tomorrow?
Even if not I bet a lot of folks call in "sick" tomorrow....
Congrats to Team Canada... that was a great game.

So will Canada be having a national holdiay tomorrow?
Even if not I bet a lot of folks call in "sick" tomorrow....
Congrats to Team Canada... that was a great game.

LOL, by the sounds of all the horns honking, fireworks and people yelling outside, tommorow will probably be a quiet day.:laughing: It was a great game and to be honest when the US tied it up I was sure they were going to win it. It's probably a good thing Canada did win cause there would have been some awful rioting in the streets of Vancouver if they hadn't

Welcome back Madd!! Glad you had a great trip, a childfree, all inclusive resort does sound like heaven:cloud9: Before you know it you will be back in the sun at Disney.:yay:

Cheryl, wishing you and your DH luck on the job interviews and a possible move.

Tiffany,:hug: kudos to you for even working with children especially the products of the breeders that feel their children are "entitled" to everything and leave the parenting up to the school system:sad2: I get the pleasure of working next to some of these kids just entering the work force and one word to describe them is USELESS.

Thanks Kris!!!

OMG- I LUV your stories of the special snowflakes in the workforce! They are hilarious!!:lmao:

LOL, by the sounds of all the horns honking, fireworks and people yelling outside, tommorow will probably be a quiet day.:laughing: It was a great game and to be honest when the US tied it up I was sure they were going to win it. It's probably a good thing Canada did win cause there would have been some awful rioting in the streets of Vancouver if they hadn't
It was a GREAT game and could have gone either way. Glad a fellow diser gets to celebrate :cheer2:.
The ugly truth about parents- we love our kids unconditionally, we just don't like them all the time. Sometimes the not liking them can go on for DAYS on end. Any parent who is not willing to admit this is either a liar or heavily medicated :thumbsup2

Hey- I am back!

Hi to some of my peeps with kids- YOU know who you are! If not- Tinker and Alesia:thumbsup2 Tinker- I love the was you describe Mr Wes:lmao: 70 yr old in a 3 yr old body- he is such a sweetie.

And Welcome to the new CF people I may have missed.

I am looking forward to using the DDP our next trip for the 2TS restaurants. Hoping the few we are chosing this time will not have too many kids. With the exception of the Cali Grill. :guilty:

Hola! :hippie:

He IS like that! haha! I am serious, he refuses to go to McDonalds bc "there are too many noisy kids there!"

Glad you had a good trip chicky!

It was a GREAT game and could have gone either way. Glad a fellow diser gets to celebrate :cheer2:.
The ugly truth about parents- we love our kids unconditionally, we just don't like them all the time. Sometimes the not liking them can go on for DAYS on end. Any parent who is not willing to admit this is either a liar or heavily medicated :thumbsup2
I was wondering where you were.. :hyper2:

:laughing: I agree ma'am!

Now, I'm fairly new to this board, and don't want to cause any problems so early on...but isn't the decision to have children (or not) a very private and personal one? I am a parent (and questioned my sanity several times after the two visits to the labor/delivery room LOL), but I would never, ever take offense or point fingers towards anyone who chose to remain child-free. Anyone who glamorizes parenthood as the most wonderful, fantastic problem-free experience one could ever imagine is either full of crap or only five minutes into parenthood.

I wish more people with children had this same attitude. I have had people get almost angry with me for being CF. And I mean people in real life not just on internet communities. :confused3 I agree with HockeyKat saying it is almost never well received when you say you don't like children. The only thing that seems to make people more uppset is if when questioned about beliefs I say I'm an atheist.

^I have the but WHY don't you want kids problem a lot in real life (actually probably way more than on message boards). Then I get the ever popular patronizing oh, but honey, you'll change your mind.

Although, once people get to know me they usually shut up about it... wonder what that says about me? :laughing:

I wish more people with children had this same attitude. I have had people get almost angry with me for being CF. And I mean people in real life not just on internet communities. :confused3 I agree with HockeyKat saying it is almost never well received when you say you don't like children. The only thing that seems to make people more uppset is if when questioned about beliefs I say I'm an atheist.

yup those are the two biggies in DH and I's life too...luckily my MIL finally laid off about the kids thing. Although I know one of the reason's one of my best girlfriend's husband doesn't like us is because we aren't having kids...he's one of those that just can't understand that concept at all.

I agree with HockeyKat saying it is almost never well received when you say you don't like children. The only thing that seems to make people more uppset is if when questioned about beliefs I say I'm an atheist.
Ouch.... a double whammie! You must get a lot of crap some days.

JeanKeri -- Unfortunately I think you are in the minority (which in this case is a good thing). Most people I know never, ever have anything to say about their little darlings except how special they are & how happy they are, blah, blah, blah...

Ahhh.... Monday! Can you think of any more craptastic a word or day of the week? I gotta go get some coffee. We have crazy winds & I didn't sleep much because of it. What a loony winter this has been.

Happy March Everyone!!

I used to get a lot of flack for only having one child. Apparently, it's selfish to only have one child. One of the girls I worked with would take every opportunity to tell Carly (who was 5 at the time) to tell us that she wanted a baby brother or sister. She would end up in tears every night over it. I was awful.

yup those are the two biggies in DH and I's life too...luckily my MIL finally laid off about the kids thing. Although I know one of the reason's one of my best girlfriend's husband doesn't like us is because we aren't having kids...he's one of those that just can't understand that concept at all.

People are always looking to validate their own choices. For some reason, You choosing to not have children somehow reflects on their descision to have them. :confused3Tomorrow at Red Cross between 10am - 1pm

JeanKeri -- Unfortunately I think you are in the minority (which in this case is a good thing). Most people I know never, ever have anything to say about their little darlings except how special they are & how happy they are, blah, blah, blah...Happy March Everyone!!

As someone who works closely with kids and parents, I can promise you: JeanKeri may be in the minority for admitting it, but every parent feels that way.

^I have the but WHY don't you want kids problem a lot in real life (actually probably way more than on message boards). Then I get the ever popular patronizing oh, but honey, you'll change your mind.

Although, once people get to know me they usually shut up about it... wonder what that says about me? :laughing:

For years I was told that I would change my mind when it came to having children. I never did change my mind and my DH and I are very happy being the parents of 3 kitties. Children were never a thought in my mind, I never wanted to be a mother. I was never kid-friendly, even when my friends had children I would avoid going to see them. Everyone wants you to hold the baby and all I am thinking is what am I supposed to do with this?????

We are also very happy as the parents of 2 kitties.

I have always felt the same way about being a mother (or not as the case may be). Strangely, I am not afraid at all of childbirth, but the thought of carrying or raising the child makes me almost not want to have sex.

I am okay holding babies but I have no idea what to do with them once they start to talk. Especially girls and play dress-up and make-believe and dolls.

There are a very few exceptions, as I have met a few children one-on-one that I do okay with, but in general I just avoid them.

This morning I was the very angry mother of a kitty! :lmao:

Cody has decided that 5am is breakfast time, no matter what. So she'll kiss and jump and run around, and when we don't feed her, she'll kiss and jump and run around, etc. She even learned how to open the bedroom door to get back in after we shut her out. :scared1:

This morning I was the very angry mother of a kitty! :lmao:

Cody has decided that 5am is breakfast time, no matter what. So she'll kiss and jump and run around, and when we don't feed her, she'll kiss and jump and run around, etc. She even learned how to open the bedroom door to get back in after we shut her out. :scared1:

Our 20 lbs cat has the same 5am feeding time; but he sits on your head to wake you up! A 20 lbs tushy in your face at anytime is bad news. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter