• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Childfree (by choice) Disney Lovers!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We've decided to definitely try Raglan Road and Kouzzina, but based on some other feedback, we're going to skip the Sci Fi Theatre in favor of a repeat trip to Coral Reef. We tend to eat later in the evening, so when I make my reservations next week, I'll stick to that plan!

This is my fourth trip (DH's third) and we can see ourselves visiting annually!

I'm really enjoying this discussion board; I don't think you can get too much of Disney!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We've decided to definitely try Raglan Road and Kouzzina, but based on some other feedback, we're going to skip the Sci Fi Theatre in favor of a repeat trip to Coral Reef. We tend to eat later in the evening, so when I make my reservations next week, I'll stick to that plan!

I'm really enjoying this discussion board; I don't think you can get too much of Disney!

Eeesh- I made ressies yesterday, and was surprised how fast things had booked up! This is kind of a last minute planning for us (since we usually do it a year out not 4 months out). Chef Mickeys was totally booked the entire week! We did snag the last ressie available at Brown Derby! Which is great, bc we are going the opening day of Star Wars weekend, and when you eat there you get special seating at Fantasmic (aka.. dont have to fight the ridiculous crowd).

Awww- Tiff that is a cute picture of you and Duddy in your siggy, I haven't seen that one before!

Cheryl, I would be SOOO happy if you moved here!! :yay:

You forgot one other perk... 8.5 hour drive to WDW!

I am so sorry I haven't been more proactive. I have been so busy this past week that I can barely breathe. I think I was home for about 5 hours this past weekend that wasn't sleeping, and then Mondays I have choir practice (did I mention I auditioned for, made, and joined a choir?), and last night was more hockey.

Tonight and tomorrow night are *breathe* nights. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Don't sweat it... everyone is busy. I appriciate any help! He sent off a resume yesterday after talking w/folks at the Career place about how to word the cover letter. Being from MA we don't want to have folks toss it thinking it was a mistake or blind application.

Part of me would love to be somewhere warmer. The other part of me is terrified by the mountain of work a move would be. Honestly, we are pursuing both & I've put it out there for the fates to decide. As they say... 'what is meant to be will be'.

Good for you on the choir. Is this a symphony thing? Community group? Church choir? And what are you -- soprano, tenor, etc?

One that I thought of to keep off the list would be Teppan Edo (sp?). If you want quiet & kid free, that is not the place to go. They have big, 8-seater family style tables. It is a great show. The chefs area amazing, but you will be sitting w/other folks, and as a party of two the odds of having a family of 4 or 5 is pretty high.

You may also want to think about the more exotic restaurants (Restaurant Marrakesh for example). I think a lot of people avoid those types of places. They are not very adventerous so stick to things they know. Which is probably why they almost always have walk up tables available. But fewer people means fewer kids running around.

Eeesh- I made ressies yesterday, and was surprised how fast things had booked up! This is kind of a last minute planning for us (since we usually do it a year out not 4 months out). Chef Mickeys was totally booked the entire week! We did snag the last ressie available at Brown Derby! Which is great, bc we are going the opening day of Star Wars weekend, and when you eat there you get special seating at Fantasmic (aka.. dont have to fight the ridiculous crowd).
If you want an ADR that you didn't get, have the concierge at your resort or someone at guest services in the park check for you. I think closer in people change their minds & cancel, plus despite what they say I think WDW holds some out for the guest services folks only. We've snagged some awesome ADRs same day through guest services that way.

Subscribing. We are CF :)
Welcome!

TYSM! We will try that with CM.. I booked CRT instead, but we were hoping to try some new places this year. We go back for our honeymoon in Oct, so I am loving hearing all of the dining suggestions!

My DS is actually anti social (like mother like son), lol- so for him, a place to eat where there are no other noisy kids is ideal (which is why we booked Brown Derby)- he says other kids are too loud and make him nervous! He is like a 70 year old man in a 3 year olds body! ROTFLMAO.

Thanks for the welcome, although, there are lots of people here who are not CF. CF = chooses not to breed. LOL.

Awww- Tiff that is a cute picture of you and Duddy in your siggy, I haven't seen that one before!

thanks it is from our honeymoon!

My DS is actually anti social (like mother like son), lol- so for him, a place to eat where there are no other noisy kids is ideal (which is why we booked Brown Derby)- he says other kids are too loud and make him nervous! He is like a 70 year old man in a 3 year olds body! ROTFLMAO.

lol. that was totally me as a little kid :) I always complained that other kids were too loud and obnoxious..lol.

lol. that was totally me as a little kid :) I always complained that other kids were too loud and obnoxious..lol.

Me, too!

When I was 8 I got my tonsils taken out. I was so happy that I didn't have to go out and play with the other kids that I milked it for 3 weeks.

Thanks for the welcome, although, there are lots of people here who are not CF. CF = chooses not to breed. LOL.

I agree with that. There is a difference between child-free and childless. Yes, that will likely offend some, but choosing specifically not to have children generally does anyhow. :laughing:

I agree with that. There is a difference between child-free and childless. Yes, that will likely offend some, but choosing specifically not to have children generally does anyhow. :laughing:

I agree... a lot of people tend to get them confused and think they are in the same boat as me because they don't yet have children, as opposed to not wanting/not gonna have kids at all.

Plus, I think for those who want but can't have children they wouldn't really consider themselves "child-free".

Tiffany -- side question -- how is poor Lestat doing? Getting any better w/his "cousins" or still having a hard time w/the move?

Tiffany -- side question -- how is poor Lestat doing? Getting any better w/his "cousins" or still having a hard time w/the move?

still doing bad...he comes out on his own some, but is still so scared of the other cats...if they just stand and look at him, it's often ok...but the second they make any movement he starts hissing/growling and runs back to our door and cries to be let back in the room. and then he cowers in the corner for a while. :sad2:

Hey Mad, I need advice. I'm going to see my girl dx next month and I'm planning to ask on whether or not to have this fibroid removed. I want it gone. It's small enough to remove laprascopically. I am just in so much pain. (AF is a comin. :eek:)

I know that your procedure wasn't the same, but what should I look forward to afterward-wise? I just don't want to hurt anymore.

Anna

omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids sometimes??? I am subbing in the library --elementary -- today and thought..ooh easy peasy..nopeugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.

omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids??? I am subbing in the library elementary today and though..ooh easy peasy..nope...I swear some of these little ones are satan's little henchmen..ugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.

LOL.

I totally like kids, I just don't want to take care of them.

LOL.

I totally like kids, I just don't want to take care of them.

:) lol. I've generally had really good experiences as a sub...I've done it on and off for about 5 years, but man today has been the worst day I've ever had doing it and that includes my 1 day in middle school and 1 day in high school. lol. and lucky me I come back tomorrow to do it all over again..woopee:scared1::guilty:

omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids sometimes??? I am subbing in the library --elementary -- today and thought..ooh easy peasy..nope...I swear some of these little ones are satan's little henchmen..ugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.

Ack i totally don't begrudge anyone the choice of not having kids...more power to ya! But I hope that the above was in jest because if not, yikes! As a parent this is about the scariest thing I could imagine one of my kids teachers, subs or otherwise, posting online! Hopefully no one can recognize you from your siggie! Just sayin...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter