Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

*ahem*

Let your "W" flag fly!

WCubs_zpscqyfr4lr.jpg

I tried so hard to stay awake! Fell asleep just as the 13th inning started. Great to wake up to a victory though!

Kristen

Line up a little different tonight. Javy in the lead off spot. Looks like Dexter getting a rest day along with Zobie

Robin, the Cubs just switched Montgomery for Hammel tonight. Jason threw a 1/3 less pitches his game Saturday vs Montgomery so guess they are giving him an extra days rest. Hope Jason has a better outing tonight than in L.A. :scared:
#LETSGO!

"We want to get 'Hammer' back out there a little sooner, and Montgomery, coming off 90 [pitches] in his last outing, gives him an extra day," Cubs manager Joe Maddon said Tuesday. "It makes all the sense in the world to do it."

I trust Joe on this one!

Did you stay for the whole game? PLEASE say yes!

Ummm....I could SAY I stayed for the whole game, but it would be a lie. :o

We left in the top of the 8th, with Pittsburgh leading 6-3. Got back to our hotel bar just in time to see the game-tying HR in the bottom of the 9th. So we decided to sit and watch. I lasted until the end of the 11th. DH stayed to watch the thrilling finish.

Unfortunately, I missed a lot of good stuff.

By the way, what are they building behind the stadium on the Clark Street side? And I noticed they knocked down half the block across Addison St and also the NW corner of Addison and Clark.

And those Jumbotron video screens look like they block the views from some of the rooftop bleachers across the back streets.

Last edited:

We left in the top of the 8th, with Pittsburgh leading 6-3. Got back to our hotel bar just in time to see the game-tying HR in the bottom of the 9th. So we decided to sit and watch. I lasted until the end of the 11th. DH stayed to watch the thrilling finish.

I wouldn't have stayed for the whole game either. I live 150 miles away and would not be able to drive home if I stayed an extra 2 hours. I do always stay for the end of the 9th at the very least. I was at the longest Cubs game in history in July 2014 but finally headed home in the 11th inning. I drove home listening to the game and the Cubs won in 16 innings. http://wgntv.com/2014/07/30/cubs-win-longest-game-in-team-history/

By the way, what are they building behind the stadium on the Clark Street side? And I noticed they knocked down half the block across Addison St and also the NW corner of Addison and Clark.

And those Jumbotron video screens look like they block the views from some of the rooftop bleachers across the back streets.
They are building a hotel/restaurant/bar complex.

Yes, the Jumbotrons do block the rooftops. I hate the Budweiser one because I have to look straight at it. It really makes the park feel smaller because the rooftops no longer feel like they are part of Wrigley. I think it's a real shame. Interestingly enough, the owners of the Cubs now own 10 of the rooftops. They ruined the view and then snapped up the buildings at a discount.

awww man.....bummer, you will just have to come back! lol...day game next time. Like Robin said a whole complex going in and courtyard/entertainment area. A Starwood hotel is going up where McD's used to be.

Here's the plan~

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...uildings-construction-20160325-htmlstory.html

awww man.....bummer, you will just have to come back! lol...day game next time. Like Robin said a whole complex going in and courtyard/entertainment area. A Starwood hotel is going up where McD's used to be.

Here's the plan~

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...uildings-construction-20160325-htmlstory.html

Thanks. I thought there used to be a McD's on that site. And a 7-11 at Sheffield and Addison.

When we left in the 8th inning, there were STILL a few scalpers trying to unload tickets. If there were any takers, they got to see a great finish.

Next time I'll try for a day game in either May or late September when the weather is a bit cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter