• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I think our chances are fair. I mean that optimistically. If we had limped into the playoffs, even as a division winner, our chances of any meaningful progress beyond the first week would’ve been low.

But *IF* we get as hot as we need to get these last two weeks facing the Cards for 7 and Bucks/Reds for 7... we may just have the steam needed to not only make it, but make a legitimate run. And hopefully slay the road demons at the end too just in time.

00D1911B-DA50-4AB7-855D-050CC358DA36.jpeg

Some big issues with starters and bullpen that could come together magically. Castellanos and Hoerner are shots in the arm, and the bats have been alive for more than a few days. What will hurt is if we miss it by a game. There have been many more late game losses than late game wins this year, it’ll feel rough.

It’ll be an exciting last 2 weeks here.

I just hope we haven't used up all our runs for the rest of the year on this weekend. Combined runs for the three game series was the most since 1900. And no Javy, Rizzo out with sprained ankle (or even worse pending MRI tomorrow), Russell out with concussion protocol, Morrow out forever, Kimbrel out once again (do we even need him?). Chatty has been pretty good this year (he's been better than Hamel) and can do multiple innings. Wick and Wieck both are good. Darvish seems to be our ace now. Kintzler is also good for more than a few pitches. Lester may need to think about retiring (as well as Zobrist).

Now if Dietrich will stay out of the way of the pitch (he leans into them to get HBP and a walk to 1st, little weasel). And if we can get past Votto, Suarez and Aquino...

Welp, I'm afraid the Cubs just don't have it. Something is off with this team, really off.
And Kimbrel isn't helping a bit. Stropy is a better pitcher than Kimbrel and that's not saying much. Plus having to put up with Fox Sports instead of local teams. We listened to the radio broadcast on our tablets until we couldn't listen any more. I think Joe better plan on selling his house in Chicago (if he has one there). He can move to Tampa full time.

I think that they brought Rizzo back too soon. Yes, he hit a home run, but he was also allowed bunts that should have been fielded by a healthy first baseman.

I think that they brought Rizzo back too soon. Yes, he hit a home run, but he was also allowed bunts that should have been fielded by a healthy first baseman.
That bunt he tried to get should have been gotten by the third baseman, not the first baseman. Kris was a lot closer to it than Rizzo.

Are they out of it yet?
Well, if they win all five games remaining against St Louis, they will be tied with St Louis. They will both be 87 wins and 72 losses. Throw in the Brewers who have two more games against the Pirates, three against Colorado and three against Cincinnati. St Louis has three more games against Arizona between their games with the Cubs. I don't see it happening any time this year.

Well, if they win all five games remaining against St Louis, they will be tied with St Louis. They will both be 87 wins and 72 losses. Throw in the Brewers who have two more games against the Pirates, three against Colorado and three against Cincinnati. St Louis has three more games against Arizona between their games with the Cubs.
Doesn't sound good. :scratchin

Last WGN home game after 72 years of broadcasting. Sad. And Extra Innings doesn't have it on DirecTV. Only the Cards broadcast and MLB. So I'm watching WGN on my tablet today. They've gotta win today.

Anybody know if Tonya Harding is available for a job on a certain "closer"?

Tomorrow, they are honoring Gary Pressy for his years as the park organist. His last show. Unless God really loves us and takes us into the post season.
I’ll be there. I’ve met Gary (and his wonderful mom) a number of times at the Cubs Convention. I’m bummed that a lot of his duties have been taken away in the last few years. He used to come up with all the trivia. He also used to come up with walk up songs played on the organ for every player. They were always hilarious. I’ll miss him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter