Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

And will someone please get Heyward some sunglasses that work better? Sheesh. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the ones he missed in Denver.

CJ looked pretty good, too.

I know on Twitter there is a large group of folks who are not happy with Heyward. His batting has been a little better and less predictable (ground out to the right) but those ball drops in the OF....:headache: It’s hard to defend him (and the amount of $$$ he makes) when that happens.

From ESPN, pasting:

Turns out, Darvish kind of called his shot, which is a funny thing given the fact that he hadn’t doubled since July 14, 2014.

“Right before he hit his double, he told me, ‘I hit double, you bunt me over’,” Cubs center fielder Albert Almora Jr. said. “Honestly, I was like, ‘Yeah, whatever.’”

A few minutes before Almora said that, Darvish related the same story, though everyone in the media room thought he was making a joking excuse for having fallen down and missing out on a triple. Still, it was a relaxed and happy Darvish on the mound and in the media room, one who more than ever seemed a key part of the Cubs’ quest to get back to the postseason.

Lordy...lol, Yu let Joe make those decisions from now on. Glad to read about the relaxed mood.
Question: I don't remember which inning it was, but when Contreras got hit by that pitched ball where a guy doesn't want to get hit, and Caratini had already pinch hit, who would have taken over as catcher if Willson couldn't play? I know Schwarber was a catcher at one time, but it's been a long time.

And will someone please get Heyward some sunglasses that work better? Sheesh. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the ones he missed in Denver.

CJ looked pretty good, too.
Yeah, Schwarb's is the E catcher and if you noticed, Joe hadn't used either in the game.(My radar is up in case Willy/Arcia get into it) I honestly think Javy is the Emeregency -emergency guy. I was literally saying out loud why is Vic going in and not Schwarb's, but then Vic connected proving me wrong again :rotfl:for like, the gazillionth time.

Javy-mercy::worship:
Javy Báez has 25 RBI and is 3rd player in #Cubs history to reach that number before May 1. He joins Billy Williams in 1970 (25 RBI) and Derrek Lee in 2005 (28 RBI)

Strong chatter that KB is back today....it may only be for a few innings, PH , no idea but unless ZO is back Bote doesn't have to go back down yet..or maybe it would be Farrell who is in for Butler?

I know on Twitter there is a large group of folks who are not happy with Heyward. His batting has been a little better and less predictable (ground out to the right) but those ball drops in the OF....:headache: It’s hard to defend him (and the amount of $$$ he makes) when that happens.
I guess I am the only one seeing a correlation to the dropped balls/decline and the KB hit in the head. There is NO WAY that didn't bring a boat load of he%% back up for JHey to deal with. Plus every reporter seeking him out to ask if he has shared his experience with KB ETC. ( and the CO dropped balls, honestly, if JHey couldn't get those, no one does. )Yesterday's, yeah, that was a bummer, not going ot make excuses for that. Is Addie getting shredded? this is the 2nd year Addie is "slumping"~Other than Willy's homer he isn't on fire either and hoping like heck we are seeing Rizzo heat up. People rag on JHey because of his contract when it was Theo who offered it, I mean...everyone on the Harper train and the same crap could happen again. Look at Dex after his big payout, STL fan's not too thrilled with him half the time. Drive's me nuts that people think if the paycheck is there it's a fool proof All Star every season. JHey is doing pretty darn good right now, his bat is improving and now his defense slipping a little. If I have to take one or the other, give me that defense every time.

KB IS BACK!!!!!!!!!
Db4KOnpWkAEb0rx.jpg

ZO too..Bote sent down (assumed so w/Joe giving him the start yesterday)

Not surprised Addie is keeping the bench warm

LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Db4K-K_WAAEX-4d.jpg

From ESPN, pasting:

Turns out, Darvish kind of called his shot, which is a funny thing given the fact that he hadn’t doubled since July 14, 2014.

“Right before he hit his double, he told me, ‘I hit double, you bunt me over’,” Cubs center fielder Albert Almora Jr. said. “Honestly, I was like, ‘Yeah, whatever.’”

A few minutes before Almora said that, Darvish related the same story, though everyone in the media room thought he was making a joking excuse for having fallen down and missing out on a triple. Still, it was a relaxed and happy Darvish on the mound and in the media room, one who more than ever seemed a key part of the Cubs’ quest to get back to the postseason.

Carrie Muskat‏Verified account @CarrieMuskat
#Cubs Darvish used a Ohtani bat on Friday when he got his double. Good hitting. Yu: "Good bat"

upload_2018-4-28_15-58-49.jpeg
Db5gOUfXUAAu6qT.jpg

QWINtana! he's on fire!
JHey haters can sit down and ST*U!!!!!!!!
Strop...savage again!
Welcome back KB...looked like you didn't miss a beat!

Last edited:
I thought KB looked pretty good today considering it was just six days ago that he got beaned. And when Strop threw the first pitches at Manny Pina, they were a bit high and inside. I was worried a bit, but then he got it together and struck out two in the eighth and one in the ninth. Cishek was redeemed today, too, with the final out (caught by Javy and tagged by Riz). Yelich hasn't done much for the Brewers either. AAJ was on fire once again. I hope he has leadoff and CF locked up.

Quintana and Hendricks both are soooo cool when they are pitching. No rattle, all control.

Right now Miami is beating the Rockies. Hope they win.

I thought KB looked pretty good today considering it was just six days ago that he got beaned. And when Strop threw the first pitches at Manny Pina, they were a bit high and inside. I was worried a bit, but then he got it together and struck out two in the eighth and one in the ninth. Cishek was redeemed today, too, with the final out (caught by Javy and tagged by Riz). Yelich hasn't done much for the Brewers either. AAJ was on fire once again. I hope he has leadoff and CF locked up.

Quintana and Hendricks both are soooo cool when they are pitching. No rattle, all control.

Right now Miami is beating the Rockies. Hope they win.
you got your wish for Miami! At least they had enough sense not to trade Barraclough in their fire sale. Yelich looked downright lost today at the plate~ like his wind robbed grand slam yesterday just defeated him or something. Wonder if maybe he isn't 100% after his DL stint, or maybe it's just facing Q, lol. AAJ certainly stating his case for CF...but I gotta say, I worry he and Addie are going to be the names for any upcoming trades. (well, maybe not Addie at the moment, his stock is currently low, lol)

I'm off to celebrate the Cub's 147th birthday at beautiful Wrigley Field. Keep your fingers crossed for the sweep even though the Brew Crew is a good team this year. I think this series is exactly what the Cubs needed.

31441148_1910988488911740_4531717479735123572_n.jpg

Enjoy your day, Robin!

I'm off to celebrate the Cub's 147th birthday at beautiful Wrigley Field. Keep your fingers crossed for the sweep even though the Brew Crew is a good team this year. I think this series is exactly what the Cubs needed.

TODAY'S BROOM CREW TO BEAT THE BREW CREW LINEUP!!!!!!!!!

Just need Chatty to keep the walks down (even tho he's a Sorcerer at getting out of it)

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Db9NMrPV0AAqpH7.jpg

Have a great time Robin and as always, get the W! Beautiful blue skies (little chilly, or is it Chili:rotfl::teeth:)Enjoy the Cub's birthday party! (ironically the game is on NBC :rolleyes:) 147...wow! FYI, The Chicago White Stocking won that game...against the STL Union. PRECEDENT SET!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter