Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

for your DD, Kewz...Happ is making friends and even smiling:D
o5LqXjZ.jpeg
I tagged her on Twitter with this! Haha! Thanks, Fin!

Cubs are pretty bad folks.
No, they are not. They are now the awesome team from last year but they are not 'bad'. They are winning their division. They are 2 1/2 games up on the Brewers. They are the 5th best team in the NL behind Arizona and Colorado by a game or two. They are the 9th best team in baseball. Believe me, there are 21 other teams that would be happy to be as 'bad' as the Cubs!

No, they are not. They are now the awesome team from last year but they are not 'bad'. They are winning their division. They are 2 1/2 games up on the Brewers. They are the 5th best team in the NL behind Arizona and Colorado by a game or two. They are the 9th best team in baseball. Believe me, there are 21 other teams that would be happy to be as 'bad' as the Cubs!

You're right that they aren't "bad." However, they are bad relative to last year and the expectations coming into this season. It's definitely been a disappointing season thus far. Cardinals and Brewers are right there and if one of them get hot, they could easily overtake the Cubs.

9th best team in baseball? They don't give trophies out for that.

You're right that they aren't "bad." However, they are bad relative to last year and the expectations coming into this season. It's definitely been a disappointing season thus far. Cardinals and Brewers are right there and if one of them get hot, they could easily overtake the Cubs.

9th best team in baseball? They don't give trophies out for that.

LOL, no they don't give out trophies for 9th place. Only 1st place and I've seen it. It's beautiful. But the best team in baseball leading up to the Post Season rarely wins it.

You said something interesting there ... "they are bad relative to last year and the expectations coming into this season.". I agree with the first part, but not the 2nd. I never expected them to be so dominant as they were last year. Good yes but not kicking butt and taking names all season like they did last season. Last season was spectacular and I had to *pinch* myself nearly every day I was so happy. In some way I am glad that they are not playing the same because it underlines the specialness of the season. I have been through many years of Cubbie induced heartbreak that my expectations are different than yours and a good team that is leading the division is a-OK with me.

I'm at the game guys! Last minute tix...LETS GO CUBS!
have fun!!!

You said something interesting there ... "they are bad relative to last year and the expectations coming into this season.". I agree with the first part, but not the 2nd. I never expected them to be so dominant as they were last year. Good yes but not kicking butt and taking names all season like they did last season. Last season was spectacular and I had to *pinch* myself nearly every day I was so happy. In some way I am glad that they are not playing the same because it underlines the specialness of the season. I have been through many years of Cubbie induced heartbreak that my expectations are different than yours and a good team that is leading the division is a-OK with me.

I don't think anyone expected them to be as dominant as last year. But just about everyone thought that 90 wins was a near certainty. And I don't think Cubs will get there. With the talent on this team, not winning 90 is pretty embarrassing.

I don't think anyone expected them to be as dominant as last year. But just about everyone thought that 90 wins was a near certainty. And I don't think Cubs will get there. With the talent on this team, not winning 90 is pretty embarrassing.
well ... they have done that 4 times since I got season tickets 30 years ago so that was not my expectation.

images

W
ell, THAT was fun! Every time I have seen Jake pitch at Wrigley, I have gotten to fly the w!
Finger's crossed we are going again Sunday, lol..and Jake prob pitching again~And apparently we were on TV during the 7th inning stretch. The people in front of us got a bunch of texts showing them & and us. I DVR'd so will check later but what a riot. Thank you Zobie for the bomb to wake up the team..we were all watching the STL/Brewer posts on the scoreboard..I think Garza maybe Blewer'd it, lol. STL can be good for 1 more game and then bottom out again.

Last edited:
images

W
ell, THAT was fun! Every time I have seen Jake pitch at Wrigley, I have gotten to fly the w!
Finger's crossed we are going again Sunday, lol..and Jake prob pitching again~And apparently we were on TV during the 7th inning stretch. The people in front of us got a bunch of texts showing them & and us. I DVR'd so will check later but what a riot. Thank you Zobie for the bomb to wake up the team..we were all watching the STL/Brewer posts on the scoreboard..I think Garza maybe Blewer'd it, lol. STL can be good for 2 more games and then bottom out again.
If you were, you need to send us a clip? When I'm streaming, I don't get the 7th inning stretch (or any other between inning stuff/commentary)...just a screen that says commercial break. :sad:

If you were, you need to send us a clip? When I'm streaming, I don't get the 7th inning stretch (or any other between inning stuff/commentary)...just a screen that says commercial break. :sad:
Will check when I get home...I forgot to post that it was cool seeing Davis beat the franchise record (Dempster) for Saves..last night was his 27th!:woohoo::woohoo:(not that 27 for the franchise is a huge number, lol but remember folks, we had Marmol)
and Kewz...Zobie doing his signing again~ even though it was a school night there was still a crowd of kids 8-10 rows back hoping they woud get a chance. I also thought of you when Happ *interviewed* him after his homer..your 2 fave's having fun, the Veteran and the Rookie:thumbsup2

and Pedro's almost hit? YEAH he got the standing O after that! Check out McCutchen's reaction :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
082917_gif_cutch_stare_med.gif
mlbf_1787322783_th_43.jpg

Last edited:
Will check when I get home...I forgot to post that it was cool seeing Davis beat the franchise record for Saves..last night was his 27th!:woohoo::woohoo:(not that 27 for the franchise is a huge number, lol but remember folks, we had Marmol)
and Kewz...Zobie doing his signing again~ even though it was a school night there was still a crowd of kids 8-10 rows back hoping they woud get a chance. I also thought of you when Happ *interviewed* him after his homer..your 2 fave's having fun, the Veteran and the Rookie:thumbsup2

and Pedro's almost hit? YEAH he got the standing O after that! Check out McCutchen's reaction :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
082917_gif_cutch_stare_med.gif
mlbf_1787322783_th_43.jpg
Yeah, I had to look at the replay this morning...my stream decided to hiccup right at that moment, so I didn't get to see. He's like..."Dude, you're not supposed to hit that good!" :rotfl2:

Regarding Zobie... This is the honest-to-goodness truth -- when they went to a commercial break after the 5th I told to my family I had a feeling this next inning was going to be it. We were going to score. I had just seen the line up and new Zobie was up followed by Schwarbs. Then Ben comes up to bat and... see ya!

:cheer2::jumping1::banana:party:

I TOTALLY forgot to post this on Rizzo...I am not one to use my phone for much other than texting, twitter and emails and forgot when I got home last night, but THIS is the #44 who always, ALWAYS GIVES MORE!
CONGRAT'S to Anthony and his family, so proud he is CUB and his dream of opening this came true!:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...e-childrens-hospital-unveiling-442137613.html

This means so much to my family. I am a mom to a cancer survivor. May God continue to bless him and his family. Thanks for sharing the video, Fin.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet...Come on Fin, you're slipping. ;)

The brewers lost, so now we're up 3.5. As I stated before, we just have to get to the playoffs and then the regular season record is a moot point!!!

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet...Come on Fin, you're slipping. ;)

The brewers lost, so now we're up 3.5. As I stated before, we just have to get to the playoffs and then the regular season record is a moot point!!!
well I didn't put up the spec's but in my post after the game last night said Garza "Blewer'd it" and that STL can be good one more game. My sad attempt at acknowledging the Brewer L. Yep 3.5 lead but every game in the no room for error spot. Running out of time to put serious distance between us and Brewers/STL.
thanks for picking up my slack, lol

Can we start a petition? I hereby vote we should win every game from here on out by only 1 run and if we're going to lose, just have it be a shutout. Save all the runs for October. Who's with me?

Tonight's lineup, and FYI? Javy has new braids ~ didn't peg him for a weave guy but if it works.....:rolleyes1

Q...PLEASE be effective for your own team before the 4th. I would like to need the broom for more than after cleaning clippings after I mow the yard today.
LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!upload_2017-8-30_14-47-46.jpeg
images
upload_2017-8-30_14-49-56.jpeg
200.webp

DIgCSI6VYAAFOvO.jpg:large

Brewers just went up 4-3 over STLbottom of the 6th:rolleyes:

brewers win 6-5...Broxton saved the game, dang it!
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/08/30/1789667583/1504126753138/asset_2500K.mp4

Need the W tonight to stay 3.5 up, currently 3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter