Chicago area Diser's - check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats and happy 2nd anniversary 2sweetangels !! :flower1: :tink:
Hope you had a nice dinner and enjoy those movies!! :goodvibes

MIchelle We just came in from flying kites! After dinner I went outside to find DH getting Hunter's new kite up. And then we got Lauren's new kite up. And then DH went looking in the basement for this huge dragon kite we have and then got that up. It was really hard keeping the dragon up because it is so big!!!
The funny part was there was a kiddie party on the other side of the street, they had a bounce jump with little ones in it. When they spotted the dragon in the air they all started screaming "oh no there's a dragon flying in the sky" , "watch out it's gonna eat us", "please don't eat me dragon, I'm only 6 years old". :lmao: Then I started moving down the street closer to them and they started freaking out!!! :rotfl2: "Run for your lives!!" one of them yelled!!! They were having such a good time pretending the dragon was coming after them. :teeth: Then it crashed and they yelled "Yeah, the dragon is dead!". Hunter walked up to it to pick it up and the one boy yelled "Don't touch it, it will eat you!!!". Hunter yelled back, " Uh, Hellooooo, it's just a kite!!" :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: Too much fun!!! :banana:

Bunchkin!! i looove that story!!!! and great minds really do think alike huh? Bon Jovi, Free dining, DID, kites!!! it's all great!!

Good morning everyone. It looks like it going to be a beautiful day. :sunny:

Bunchkin You make me laugh! Alex told me the other day the little guys across our street had a paper kite and was bouncing around singing "I got a kite" to Alex. A strong wind came and took it. Alex then told him "no you don't you have a string". The story was too funny. :lmao:

I think my "puppy" know we are leaving soon. He keeps following me more than usual.

Have a :sunny: day everyone!

good
1.gif
morning all.

cross your fingers for no more rain today..... :teeth:

Good Sunday morning everyone!!!! :sunny:

Stephanie's soccer game yesterday was so much fun :cool1: I never knew that 7yr old soccer could be so exciting :cheer2: Stephanie got hit in the face really really hard with the ball in the first 5 minutes of the game, and she was really upset :sad1: . But after she calmed down and I assured her that it was just an accident, she had fun playing again. The last quarter she was goalie and she really enjoyed that - I think it made her feel really important :goodvibes . If you wanted to keep score, the other team won (they don't keep score at this age). But that is okay - all the kids did awesome and had lots and lots of fun!!!!! :yay: I'm really proud of my little Stephanie :)

DonnaW - This is my work story:
I've been posting for awhile that the store I manage is doing really really slow :guilty: . Naturally, with less business we are taking in less money. The owners have cut my hours twice now and I am only going to be working 4 days a week, and I also haven't been given my commission in 2 months :sad2: (I'm the only employee that gets this because it took the place of a monetary raise). This is a bummer because I have to pay for 5 days of daycare :guilty: . I told them that once Stephanie is out of school that I will only work 2 days because I will not be making enough to have them both in daycare (my mom's going to watch the girls those 2 days). They understood, which is fine, but I am getting the strong feeling that they are not cutting their pay :sad2: , which is alot. I told Kevin that I'm starting to feel like the scraficial lamb here and that is really bothering me :worried: . I've been with these people for 18 years and I would think that we should all take a pay cut in order to keep the business afloat :confused3 . I think they would be happiest if I quit - because of the money, not because they don't like me. There are also alot of bad business decisions that are being made and moral amoungst the employees is really low :guilty: . People are not doing their work well, because they just don't care :sad2: . There's alot more to this story, but I don't have the time to post it all, and I don't want to bore everyone with the details. I've decided it's time for a career change and I'm going to start Real Estate School this summer :thumbsup2 . My mom is my biggest supporter with this and believes I will do really really well. I'll keep you all posted as the events change.

HERSEY - I always clean my house from top to bottom to before I leave. I like coming home to a clean house :cloud9:

Michelle - I really think Brendan Frasier is just dreamy :cloud9: Some older employees at my store used to make serious fun of me for that :rolleyes: You sure had a nice day yesterday to go fly kites!!!

Amy - Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary!!!! :)

Bunchkin - what a great kite story!!!!! :) :) With all this talk about kites, I'm going to want to take Stephanie's kite out and start flying it :teeth:

macraven - good to see you back!!!! :)

Well, I better run and start getting ready for church - have a good day everyone!!!! :wave:

I just started the 200th page of this thread - hooray!!!!

:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: :yay:

Hi all- happy Sunday!

Yesterday,dh took our minivan in to get the air conditioning fixed. The air wasn't working anymore since late last summer. The mechanics put in more freon. We also had them look at one of our tires because it keeps losing air every few months. There was a nail in the tire! So the mechanic took it out and patched the tire. Then they saw the tie rods were in very bad shape,so we had have the tie rods replaced. So everything total was a few hundred dollars, but it wasn't as high of a bill as we thought, which was good. :goodvibes
Oh, side note:My dh found out from the mechanic yest. that if you get your oil changed at Jiffy Lube, Jiffy Lube has a tendency of stealing freon out of cars,minivans, SUVs at times?! :sad2: This is the first I heard of this.
Maybe this is just in my area, but still, very strange. :guilty:
Today, we are meeting up with very old friends of ours at our Mcdonald's for a get-together/ belated birthday party for Chrissy and Matthew. My friend's son was in hte hosp. a few weeks ago with a stomach virus. Sounds like he is doing much better now.

2sweetangels- Congratulations on you and dh's 2 yr. wedding anniverary!!
:cheer2:

Hersey- Single digit dance for you and Alex for your WDW trip! :cool1: :banana: :yay:

Slo- Glad to hear Stephanie's soccer game went pretty well and she's enjoying herself! Yeah, with soccer, your going to get hit with the ball in the face, back, anywhere. Not always fun to get hit with hte soccer ball, but it happens.
Sorry to hear about the picture frame store you manage :sad2:
You would think working there 18 yrs. they would treat you better than that :sad2: . I'm guessing there is a lot of the owners' politics that goes on there? Glad to hear you are going to go to real estate school soon! That should be fun! Also, keep us posted on the therapy you are doing for your hands? Is that the electric shock thing? Any progress with that?

Hi DMM, Bunchkin, macraven, DonnaW :wave2:

Have a good day, all!

Rosemarie

good morning all!! Thanks everyone for the Happy annivesary!!!!! just 364 more days to my 3rd :banana: Not much going on today, we just have to do some laundry and clean the house a little. I will probably take the girl's outside before thier naps, its nice out today.

nicedayteddy.gif

I took some pictures of Hayley tring to crawl today, she ended up falling and started to cry, but I told her to get back up and try again, of coarse she had no idea what I said to her.

Picture155.jpg
Picture157.jpg

Picture156.jpg
Picture158.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Hi.. just back from our Boy Scout camping trip. The weather held up nicely. It only rained on Friday night. A bit chilly late but we had a great time and our troop won several ribbons for their work in some of the competitions plus best meal.. Eric's patrol ade the same meal thet they did last year and won so they did it again and won this year too..:banana:

Off to do laundry, clean tents etc..

Good Monday morning everyone!!!! :surfweb:

What a beautiful day yesterday until approx. 4pm when it got cold - Buuurrrrr :cold: (maybe not that cold, but I had to put a coat on me and the girls) I spent part of the day pulling weeds and it was great. I'm normally not the biggest fan of pulling weeds, but it just tells me that winter is over :cool1: I got stung by a bee yesterday, and that made me mad :furious: Who does that bee think he is, coming over to me and stinging me on the arm - it hurt!!!!! Oh well, I took some Benadryl and put some ice on it and the swelling didn't get to bad.

roseprincess - I'm glad your mechanics bill wasn't as high as you thought - that's always good news :cool1: Did you have a nice time at McDonalds? Is this the same little boy that you asked prayers for a couple of weeks ago? If so, I'm so glad that he is doing much better :)

2sweetangels - Hayley is so cute!!!! :cloud9: Before you know it she'll be crawling all over the place.

geffric - Tell Eric congratulations to him and his troop for all the awards they won this weekend!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Well, I'm off and running!!! The news said the gas will be almost $3 a gallon, I may literally run to work :rolleyes: Have a good day everyone!!!! :wave:

did i post the mnsshp dates on here? don't remember

3 dates in september on it the 15th, 22nd and 29th. then october dates.
no sundays this year for the party

Your update notices:
http://www.mousesavers.com/ was updated - Detail
LATEST HOT DEALS - AS OF 4/23/06

Prices and dates for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2006 and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2006 have been announced. Tickets go on sale May 1.

[Some text was deleted]

just in case i didn't, here is the rest of the 411:

-Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2006 will be
offered this is from mousesavers.
yes, there are 3 dates in september for mnsshp

i have never seen dates like this before.
no sundays included this year.
for those of us that go yearly for it, it really threw
a kink in my planning for adr's.
raven

on September 15, 22, 29, October 2, 5, 6, 10, 12, 16,
17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 and 31, from 7:00 pm to
midnight.

Advance purchase tickets are $39.36 per adult, 10 and
up (tax included) and $31.90 per child, ages 3 - 9
(tax included), except for October 27, 30, and 31. For
October 27, 30, and 31 and day-of-event tickets (if
the date was not sold out in advance) the prices are
$45.75 per adult, 10 and up (tax included), $38.29 per
child, ages 3 - 9 (tax included). Annual Passholders
and Disney Vacation Club members receive a 10%
discount on September 15 and 22, and October 16, 17,
23 and 24 (tickets held at will call and will require
a valid ID).

2006 tickets go on sale May 1. You can call (407)
W-DISNEY to order.
- pixiedust34@comcast.net wrote:

Hi all! how's it going??? Baptism yesterday went fabulous and we all had so much fun. It left everyone tired though. Gabriel is still asleep!!! after being put down at 8!! woohoo!!

Today we are going shopping for summer clothes for the kids, that should be fun!

Question for you chicago people!!
We are going to the Musuem of S&I on next monday and will be taking my DH grandma. Are there Wheel chairs there we can rent? Then we are going to go to The American Girl store, so my other question is where would you suggest we eat that is around there?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

2sweetangels--> love the crawling pics!
Sandy--> i'm sorry you have to go through all that at work, not fun at all i bet.
Macraven, thanks for that posting on the MNSSHP info!!! we are going on the 5th!! woohoo!!

i am going to mnsshp with the dis ladies group on sept 29 and then i will also go solo either on oct 2 or 5. not sure which one yet.

crowds will be lower on those tues/thurs dates than the friday one.

i was down by american girl store 3 weeks ago. many great places along that way for resturants. i could not name my favorite. i have a love affair with food all the time.......

Hello Everyone! Well it was a busy week last week and I was being lazy about posting.

Slo: Megan got hit in the back of the head with the soccer ball her first game. I thought she was going to quit right then and there, but she had her cry and then she went right back out on the field and scored her first goal. OF COURSE THOUGH, SHE KICKED INTO HER OWN GOAL! HA!! Her league doesn't keep score either and I think that's great at this age. It just lets them learn the game and have fun without the stress of winning and losing.

Oh and you know what Slo, just from your posts here, I can tell you have the right personality for real estate. Fun, upbeat and outgoing. The best part will be the ability to set your own hours.

DisneyMichelle: I am so glad that Gabriel's christening/baptism went well. You had pretty good weather yesterday too! I don't know about the wheelchairs and such at Museum of S&I or good places to eat at American girl, but Watertower Place is across the street and there's a couple of restaurants there. There's a cafe in American Girl that you might like although I'm sure it's pricey like everything else there huh!

2Sweet: Hayley will be all over the place really soon. Enjoy these last few days of her sitting still. Once Megan was able to crawl, I was a lot more frazzled.

On a more personal note: Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and prayers for my Mom. My Mom's breast cancer has not spread beyond the tumor into any other organs. :banana: It has gotten into the lymph nodes, so those will have to be removed too, but that's not a bad thing apparently? So, the power of prayer wins again. I told her she has a lot of people out there sending good thoughts, and that made her happy. Y'all make me feel like this... :lovestruc

I have to back a few pages here to catch up with everyone! Have a good Monday and talk soon.

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
YIKESSSS!! i've been mega-Tagged!!!!!!! that's nuts!

DisneyMommy: Oh see, you are totally "witty" enough. Congratulations on the tags. That little fairy showed you didn't she. She really picked some doozies!! CONGRATULATIONS!

:cheer2:

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
Hi all! how's it going??? Baptism yesterday went fabulous and we all had so much fun. It left everyone tired though. Gabriel is still asleep!!! after being put down at 8!! woohoo!!

Today we are going shopping for summer clothes for the kids, that should be fun!

Question for you chicago people!!
We are going to the Musuem of S&I on next monday and will be taking my DH grandma. Are there Wheel chairs there we can rent? Then we are going to go to The American Girl store, so my other question is where would you suggest we eat that is around there?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

2sweetangels--> love the crawling pics!
Sandy--> i'm sorry you have to go through all that at work, not fun at all i bet.
Macraven, thanks for that posting on the MNSSHP info!!! we are going on the 5th!! woohoo!!

Hi DisneyMommyMichelle-
Museum of Science and Industry does have wheelchair rental. It says on hte museum website to show an ID to rent the wheelchair(I'm guessing a library card or driver's liscense). There is also stroller rental for $2.00, I believe?
The museum website is: www.msichicago.org
and the museum phone # is 773-684-1414.
When you go on the museum website, click on Services, then click Amenities. This will give you the wheelchair rental info.
I really can't help you with the American Girl store info, never been there. The only restaurant I know that is by there is their own American Girl restaurant. I'm guessing you need reservations to eat there? I'm guessing it's quite expensive to eat there, too, because you either buy an American Girl doll there or bring your own and do the tea thing with the doll? This is what I read in a AAA magazine once, couple of yrs ago.
I know when you visit the museum of S&I, you can be there all day, there is so much to see! I know there are a couple of food court restaurants there, according to their website.
Best wishes on your museum trip next week!

Glad everything went well with Gabriel's baptism yest! :thumbsup2

Rosemarie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter