Chicago area Diser's - check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!!! DH is back, but he had to go to the shop this morning to close out his trip. Later if its nice, we will probably take the girls to the park for a little bit. We have a dinner date with DH's father tonight, I never met him before and this will be the 1st he will see the girls.

Slo- I know, I can't believe Hayley is already 8 months old. LOL she looks funny in the pic because she is cut off o the side, but I couldn't get them to sit still for 5 seconds to snap the picture, KIDS!

Good Morning Everyone!! And Hello Weekend!! :cheer2:
I don't know why I'm so excited. :rolleyes: Every day seems the same to me!! :teeth: Really, ever since I stopped working and had children I'm lucky if I know the date let alone what day it is!! :rotfl2:

Well, I think Hunter has developed allergies. I've been noticing this for the past few weeks. And after leaving my mom's last night, I can see that his eye looks severly irritated. This is the second time in a week it has been this way.
So I will need to make an appointment with him for the doctor today. We already discussed how he seems to have allergies and are prepared to start him on meds. Lauren was the same age when she developed seasonal allergies too. Poor kids!! :guilty: His eye was still irritated this morning. So I gave him a drop of my allergy eye drops, it seems to be doing the job. And they are not harmful to him.

Kids just got done making personalized envelopes for their Disney Dollars they got from the Easter Bunny. I've promised them more for doing chores instead of real cash. So we are going to work on a Winnie the Pooh chore chart I bought many years ago when Lauren was little from the Disney Store.
Gotta put these kids to work!!! ;) :banana:

It's going to be hard keeping our trip a secret from them, as they are always discussing WDW and when they want to go next and what they want to do there. They have my OCD!!! :lmao:

Kim It sounds like you got a great rate on the limos. We will have to pay a ton because we are so far from the airport! But at least you get to get picked up later than US!!! We want a 6:58am flight out, so we'll probably have to be picked up before 5am!!! :crazy2: :faint:

Michelle It sounds like going to see Bon Jovi will cost you a small fortune!! :teeth: I hope you get to go. I'm having second thoughts because that is the weekend of Hunter's 4th birthday and we usually throw a big bbq party for him with friends& family, since it's our only warm weather birthday in the family. Plus I already checked the pre-sale and tickets were only available in the 2nd tier which is too high in such a large stadium. I was hoping for floor or at least 1st tier. We'll see. :teeth:

Jedi Sorry to hear about what's going on at the library. I worked, many years ago, in an office that went through a slightly similar situation. But instead of the media being called, they called OSHA!!! :rolleyes: :stir:

slo Thanks, you just reminded me about that sale at Penneys. And I think I just got a flyer/coupon from them on that. :woohoo:
Lauren and Hunter BOTH had a big growth spurt this winter and are in need of new summer clothes. :flower:

Hersey Don't you hate all the added expenses just getting ready for the vacation!! I've started buying things through out the year so it's not such a huge deal all at once!!! Hope your refinance is going smoothly! :thumbsup2

Time to do the chore chart!
And I can hear the kids watching the Boomerang channel and they are playing the Banana Splits theme song!!!!!!!! :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

:wave2:

Hi all! ughhhhh...so i went to bed semi-early right??!? well guess what time i woke up??!?! 2am!! YUP! Autumn was up with her night terrors and as soon as we got her tucked safely into bed who should begin to scream but little Gabriel!!!! AUGHHH!!!! so we pick him up and he smiles!!! well the little stinker is WIDE awake!!! so DH takes him and plays with him and i decide well let's finish up the laundry and clean the kitchen (what is wrong with me?) i made DH lunch, cleaned the cabinet fronts, cleaned out the freezer (popsicles with freezer birn ughh!!), cleaned the fridge and made a list of EVERYthing we have food-wise in the freezer/fridge/pantry/cabinets, so we stop buying things 100%!! well after that i took over with Gabriel and DH went to bed as he has to wake up at 5am every day! of course Gabriel fell asleep at what time?!?! 6am! so i hop into bed QUICKLY only to find Autumn awake!! YIKESSS!! i bring her to bed with me and we at least got to sleep until 730! soooo i am TIRED! can't wait until naptime!! Gabriel is napping and Autumn is slpwly winding down here on my lap!!

Bunchkin--> a small fortune is RIGHT! and the hotels around the area at that time (summer vacay) are pretty $$ aughhh...so now i don't know what to do! we will see what we can get ticket wise even if we get any...then decide from there :)

Everyone--> thanks for the advice about DD and her speaking! Being a new mommy i am still following the books and what 'they' say is normal!

2sweetangels--> lOVE the new siggie pic! i really have to update mine! the kids are so big now!!

Hi Sandy!! Hi Hersey!!

Banana splits I used to love that show. I'll have to look if I get that channel. Alex likes to watch the shows from the dark ages. He thinks we all sat around throwing rocks at the dinosaur rotten kid :rotfl: .

DisneyMommyMichelle You clean more than I do. Go take a nap!

Hersey..i only clean when i get in that wierd mood. it's not often believe me! DH is usally the housekeeper here! haha...and my house still looks like a disaster when little Autumn is awake and takes her toys everywhere!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!!

Our van is in the shop today as the back lock stopped working for some reason and with the DVD player, double stroller, and such in there we are just too scared that stuff might get stolen at the mall or something..wierd i know. so i hope they get that done, AND the AC is on the fritz...goodness.

Sunday is baby Gabriels little Baptism! i'm so excited, but not looking forward to paying the brunch bill...maybe my father will take pity on my and take the check ;) hey it could happen...not....oh well...i can dream for now!

KimRaye said:
jedi, Both vacation choices sound busy. I guess you're not into relaxing, huh? ;) What local paper ran that story about the library? Geesh, such turmoil at such a nice library. :rolleyes:

It's not at the library where you dropped off the cookies. It's the one where I work full time - one suburb up (not Morton Grove) :goodvibes

My boss got 4 tickets this morning to Bon Jovi, on the field. She did it first thing when she got here. Then another girl tried to get tickets, but she could only get the next level up.

And my boss is going to WDW on Monday for a week, staying at WL! I'm so excited about her trip! :rotfl: But now I'm even more excited about my own. :thumbsup2

ETA: Hey, it's my 200th post! :cheer2:

good evening all! Well we had kind of a busy day today, thismorning we had to go to my mother-in-law's house because she fried her computer and wanted DH to look at it, we were there for a few hours then we ran to my mom's house to pick up her old computer tower then we came home to put pants on the girl's because we went out to dinner at I-hop with DH's father, 1st time I ever met my father-in-law, what a sweet man he was. Katelyn got right up in his face and started talking to him couldn't understan half the things she said, but we heard her tell him KITTY and LEE LEE, which is what she calls Hayley.

Disneymommymichelle- thank you, yeah I know they just keep growing,

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
YIKESSSS!! i've been mega-Tagged!!!!!!! that's nuts!

Geez, where have you been that you're being quoted so much??!!?? :teeth:
Somebody's keeping an eye :magnify: on you!!! :tongue:

Happy Saturday!!! :sunny:

Hersey I love the Banana Splits too!! Love those old cartoons! DD always says "They had cartoons when you were little!". :eek: :lmao:
We have a satelite dish and get the Boomerang channel, it's owned by Cartoon Network. I don't think any of the cable providers carry it, just dish.

How's the packing coming along Hersey and Donna ?? :banana:

Good Saturday morning everyone!!!! :sunny:

Stephanie's first soccer game is this morning - she is so excited!!! :cool1:

Amy - My Katie doesn't sit well for pictures either :sad2: Alot of times I give her something to hold to help keep her still. How was dinner with DH's dad? Was it weird meeting him for the first time? How did the girls respond to him?

Bunchkin - I'm going to get some Disney Dollars too, to give Stephanie for doing chores - great minds think alike!!!! :thumbsup2 I'm sorry about Hunter having allergies :guilty: . Both of my girls take after their father and have allergies too - they both take Children's Claritan.

Michelle - Congrats on all your tags - that's awesome!!!!! :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc Have a nice day tomorrow at Gabriels baptism.

Jedi - :wave2:

SK8Leigh - Congrats on your 200th post and for being under a month until your trip :cheer2:

I guess that is everything - have a good day today!!! :wave:

Good morning, all. Hope the sun stays out today! :cool1:

Slo..good luck to Stephanie with her first game. Does she play outside? I know most are outside, but I've heard of a few indoor games, too. I'm happy to hear your therapy is going okay so far. When you have a chance, please share what's going on with your job.

Michelle...saw your post on yummy John Travolota. It made me laugh, as I remember him from Saturday Night Fever and thought he was yummy then! Now, not so much. My idea of yummy now is probably Richard Gere! He has just aged so gracefully!

SK8Leigh...wow, seems like a few people are headed to Disney next week! Hope your boss has a wonderful time. I am jealous of people that stay at the Wilderness Lodge, it always seems so peaceful over there. Congrats on your 200th post.

Rosemarie...I wish all the best to your grandmother; she will be in my prayers.

Kim, Bunchkin...ummm, well, I still am not very organized with this whole packing thing. :rotfl2: I did pull out some of my summer stuff, and I've lost a bit of weight since last summer, so I think I need to go shopping for some new shorts! I know I told you guys we were planning to go down last Sept and the hurricane season scared us off. I don't remember if I told you that we decided to cancel at the very last minute, so I had everything organized and just about packed. Maybe that's why I'm kind of delaying this time. :confused3

Hersey..how is your packing going?

Jedi...hang in there!

Everyone...have a great weekend, take care!

Good morning everyone. I just am taking a quick break I'm cleaning so I'm not embarrassed when my neighbor comes in to take care of my zoo. Basement is clean,load of laundry in washer and one in dryer. Got to finish cleaning downstairs floors,bathrooms,etc DisneyMommyMichelle I could sure use some of your energy! I won't actually put things in suitcases until next saturday. I have stacks of stuff in my room. So I'm kind of packed :thumbsup2 . Next week should be easy since I won't have the Tv thing. I'm starting to get nervous and excited I think I'm changing our ADR's again. I may just wing some of them.

Hope you all have a great weekend I may check back later.

DonnaW How is your packing going? Maybe one day we can meet up I'm planning on being in epcot to listen to the music since I'm to cheap to buy tickets, but I'll go to wdw :confused3 don't ask me to explain.

HI HI HI! good morning! whew! no new tags! i've been over at the CB a lot lately! they are addicting! oh and the simple fact that late at night my brain is soooo not funtioning properly! i mean some of my tags are not flattering :) haha...

I hope everyone gets out and enjoys the weather while it's still fab out!!

Ahhh..John Travolta is a serious hottie, now more than then for me!! but i have to agree on Richard Gere...serious looker!

Alright, today is kite/park day and we're grilling too! woohoo!!..oh and the van is back and it was fixed all nice and pretty AND they washed it!! cool huh?

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Good Morning all! Katelyn is up watching Toy Story right now, I showed her severel DVD's and asked her if she wanted to watch it and she said No to all of them except Toy Story, which is good, I want her to get to know some other Disney Character other then Nemo so she will know who they are in September when I take her to WDW.

Slo- Dinner was good, we were there for an hour and a half talking. Meeting his dad was wierd at first, Im always shy when Imeet new people for the first time, but we ended up talking and got to know each other. Katelyn was funny, she got up into his face talking to him and she kept holding her grilled cheese to him for him to take a bite, LOL.

well gonna clean house today and try to rest as much as I can because I get my cousin all next week, I didn't have him at all this whole week.

I thought it was going to rain today? I glad it didn't. After cleaning the inside I moved outside raking and digging up dandilions. Where do they all come from. I think we are going to grill tonight. Just thought I would check in to see if anyone was around. :wave2: See you all later.

hi there! it was gorgeous out today! we got some good video footage of the kids (incl. DH) running around at the park trying to get those kites off the ground!! it was hilarious! then we just took a long walk and that was about it! the kids came home and crashed! Gabriel is still napping and now Autumn is watching the Lizzie Maguire Movie with DH (it's his fave movie too hahaha).

Have a great night everyone! i'm just being a crazy computer person right now!

Hersey...8 days!! no fair!!

hello all! Well I forgot to mention earlier that today is mine and DH's 2 year annivesary!!!! We didn't plan on doing anything special, we just went out to dinner with the girl's and went to rent some movies to watch later tonight.

2sweetangels Congratulations! Here's wishes for many more years together.
22.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter