Cheryl's WISH Journal (comments welcome)

Cheryl N. WI

DIS Veteran
Since I started Atkins/low carb in June I have lost and gained and lost and gained what seems to be the same 5-10 pounds a few times. I am back to the gained and am going to switch my clippie back to the 5 pound from the 10 pound :mad: . It seems like I get started doing really well and then I have a day where I cheat and once I cheat I just keep eating all the "forbidden" things in the house, even though I have been really trying to keep higher carb things out of the house, and then 1 day of cheating turns in to 2 and 3 and 4 days. I am hoping that if I journal I will keep myself better in check and if I cheat 1 day hopefully it will motivate me to get right back on track the next day! I am going to set a few goals for myself for the next few weeks until we leave for our trip to WDW on Dec. 18 and then will set some new goals for our trip and then again for the holidays and hopefully that will help me get through these harder times. My final goal is to lose about another 10-15 pounds from where I am now!

It is my work Christmas party on Dec. 13 and my first goal is to reclaim my 10 pound clippie by then! A friend is making me a beautiful long spaghetti strap dress for that night and if I could lose a few pounds by then it would just look that much nicer on me. I am planning on starting induction again tomorrow (have been really cutting back on carbs the last 2 days) and having my cheat free star go up every day until then.

Next goal is to not eat any nuts, Atkins Advantage bars, Atkins or Russel Stouvers lo carb candies before our trip to WDW in 16 days. It seems like when I eat just 1 little bit of any of these things it sets off my cravings and then my cheating starts big time so I plan on avoiding all of that kind of stuff and again sticking to induction.

Next goal is to be more consistent with exercising in the next few weeks. Even though this is a very busy time of the year I desrve some time for myself to exercise, now I just need to remember that LOL. I love my WATP tapes and I plan on doing at least the 2 mile tape 7 times before Dec. 13.

My next goal is to drink primarily water for the next few weeks. I am a good water drinker but have recently gotten into the habit of drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day with cream and sugar free Davinci syrup and sometimes I think that makes a difference. I have also been drinking alot of diet soda again and I know I'd be better off with just plain water.

Well here I go again, hopefully this time I will get my 10 pound clippie and proceed on to my 15 (which is just 2 pounds away from my goal!) instead of backwards to the 5 again.

Cheryl:jumping1:

Ok I did pretty good today. I did the 4 mile WATP tape and a 15 min. arm wokout off of 1 of my Firm tapes.

I ate lo carb today. I did start out with an Atkins shake before takin DD to school so that I would have some energy to do my exercising whem I got home. I had Canadian bacon, eggs and cheese for "brunch". I had a pork chop, some green beans and a salad for dinner. I did have a cup of decaf coffee, I was frezing and needed something to warm me up, but I only put in a little cream and used the Atkins chocolate syrup to "sweeten"it. I also had a Diet Rite soda, so I didn't drink just water today, but I did drink a gallon of water in addition to the coffe and diet soda.

I didn't give in to DD telling me to just try 1 tiny bite of a new flavor of sugar free Russel Stouver candy that she had!

I grabbed another day on my cheat free star!

Cheryl

Pam, Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really need them about now. Thanks also for bringing this journal back to mind, I had forgotten about it. Another resolution will be to get to it more often!

Today is my first day back on lo carb and I got a real wake up call this morning when I stepped on the scale. Our trip to WDW and then the holidays really put back the pounds I had lost and I hate to say it but a few more too. I am so mad at myself for allowing myself to eat all the junk I ate in the last 3 weeks. It has just proven to me that this really needs to be a lifestyle change. I am ready to start over yet again but I am really motivated now and we can and willl do this!

Today I made it cheat free! Day 1!!!! I plan on being cheat free for the next 2 weeks until my birthday. I told DD that I don't want her and DH to get me the usuall birthday cake from Dairy Queen and she was upset that I don't want a cake, so I might have to allow myself a planned cheat for my birthday and then get right back on track the next day.

Breakfast today was Keto Oatmeal 3carbs
Snack Ham and cheese and a cup of coffee
Lunch Tuna Salad
Snack Ham and cheese
Dinner Lo Carb meatloaf and a hard boiled egg

Lots of water all day!

Here I go again! Onward and downward!

Cheryl

:jumping1:

Day 2 cheat free!!!!

B Keto oatmeal
S Hard boiled eggs and coffee
L Tuna salad and brocolli and a very small sweet potato
S String cheese
D Chicken Fajitas (no shells)
LOTS of water.

7 days of being cheat free!! This is the best I've done with that since before the holidays! DD and I finally cleared off the treadmill and I have walked 4 days out of the last week. (I'm training for WISH CON 2005.:bounce: ) I haven't been cheating with sweets but I think I still need to work on bringing my carbs down a little lower to get myself kick started again (I think I need to cut out the Atkins Advantage bars them seem to "stall" me), so that is my goal for this week along with continuing my treadmill walking and keeping adding to my cheat free bear!

Walked 30 min on treadmill

B Keto Hot Cereal
S Atkins Chocolate Shake
L Salami and Cheese
S Atkins Advantage bar and macadamia nuts
D Turkey breast and mixed veges

Congrats on your seven days! Keep up the good work. Your goals for the next week sound really good--good luck and great job! :)

Hey buddie, thanks for checking in on me. I got your PM and I just PMed you back. I love your idea of a cheat free challenge!

I really need to get better about this journaling!! At least I have been keeping an exercise log in a little notebook I have so that I can chart my progress (and miles) on the treadmill as I train for the 1/2 marathon and just get more physically fit. Well off to the treadmill now.

Cheryl:jumping1:

hey cheryl, looks like you're doing a great job! keep up those cheat free days, and keep that treadmill going, and you'll be doing juuuuust fine! i see you're training for wishcon, that is great! me too! i can't wait :). keep up the great work!

Ok Pam I'm going to use you, buddy, as a good example of journaling and really work on being better about journaling myself. I am still cheat free but I gained a pound today so maybe if I journal that will help me analyze what I'm eating and where I'm going wrong. I think a big part of my problem is that I have been eating too many "low carb bars". Today I am going to try really hard not to have any. Another problem for me is when I get home from work I am STARVING so I munch on a "low car bar" and some nuts or peanut butter while I'm making dinner and then I still eat dinner so maybe I'm still just eating too much. When I had first started low carb eating I would make sure I had some string cheese or sausage bites to munch on on the drive home from work and I haven't been doing that lately. I think I'm going to give that a try and then not eat, just drink water while I'm cooking. I want my 10 pound clippie back and then keep moving down!!!!!

Breakfast Canadian bacon, 2 eggs, cheese melted on top
coffee with cream, Davinci SF Hazelnut flavoring and 1 Splenda pkt. Water, Water and more Water

Lunch Atkins Chocolate shake More water

Snack Cheese and sausage More water

Dinner Grilled chicken (I bought a George Foreman Grill today, I think I'm going to love it!), green beans with butter and bacon, sugar free soy milk

Snack Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa with a little cream, more water

I did it no nuts, no peanut butter, and no low carb bars!:D

Walked 65 min. on treadmill, 4 miles!

I just saw your post to my journal. I posted over there, again, and then I thought. That was stupid. I should talk to her through HER journal, not mine. So here I am.

Sounds like your plan is a good one. I think the protein bars screwed me up last week, too. This is wild though, isn't it? How alike we are sometimes? Just goes to show that when you feel alone, you're usually not.

Have fun cleaning! (that's what I should be doing, but I'm teaching Algebraic Equations instead to Taylor.....and oh, is she ever thrilled:rolleyes: ;) )

:sunny:

Walked on treadmill 25 min., 1.26 miles

Breakfast 2 eggs, Canadian bacon and melted cheese, WATER

Snack Hard salami wrapped around string cheese, coffee with cream, sf hazelnut flavoring

Lunch Tuna salad, califlower mixed with Laughing Cow cheese

Snack Cheese, hard salami, protein shake

Dinner Salad with cheese, bacon bits, sunflower kernels, nuts, Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa

Lots of Water all day :boat:

Again I made it without any low carb bars! I hope I didn't eat too much salad at the salad bar for dinner!

for both of us I think. But I am going to make it another meat day.

I'll be out of the house most of the day. Homeschooling group getting together to make Val. Day cookies :rolleyes: and then on to the kids' swimming classes.

Have a great day. And good job on making sure you have cheese/sausage for a snack instead of the bars and stuff. I am trying to pick "real food" over the convenience stuff myself. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but it's what we do 90 % of the time that counts, right?

Thanks for the encouragement, bud!:sunny: :wave:

hey cheryl, good job avoiding the low carb bars and opting for real food instead. very good choice ::yes:: keep up the great work! :)

I'm heading off to my lunch with the ladies. Just wanted to check in with you to tell you what a great job you are doing.

I'm so proud of us! :teeth:

Keep it up, buddie! I'll pm you later with some more details and chat.

Have a great one!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

Feb. 13, 2004

30 min. Exercise tape

Breakfast 2 eggs, canadian bacon, melted cheese

Snack Cheese and sausage, coffee with cream, sf hazelnut and splenda

Lunch Tuna salad

Snack Protein drink

Dinner 2 bunless cheeseburgers made on new George Foreman Grill, buttered green beans with bacon, coffee with cream, sf hazelnut and splenda

Snack Jello (sf of course;) with a little cream, Diet Rite cola

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter