Chefs de France

MushuHill

Mouseketeer
I know this restaurant doesn’t get the best reviews, but we decided to give it a try this week. I am so very glad we did. The food and service were amazing. We did the pre-fixe menu. I had the escargot and my husband had the charcuterie board. The escargot were so delicious and garlicky. I ended up using my bread to get the remaining juices. We both had the filet. They were cooked perfectly and tender. I had the cream brûlée I believe my husband had a chocolate dessert. Whatever he had he enjoyed it. Mine was delicious! We left stuffed, I was glad we were headed to the bus stop.655592

My family has always enjoyed this restaurant. I just made ADRs for it in May when I couldn't get Teppan Edo. The reason it wasn't my first choice is the now limited menu. I generally order the duck which isn't on the current menu. But I have had the filet in the past and enjoyed it. Glad you had such a great experience!

You are very lucky! We ate there in October and the filet was inedible and creme brulee was pudding with sugar on top. Hopefully the third party that was running the place is long gone!

You are very lucky! We ate there in October and the filet was inedible and creme brulee was pudding with sugar on top. Hopefully the third party that was running the place is long gone!

All the food locations in the France pavilion are run by the Bocuse family - one of the most well regarded culinary families in France. Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul (still temporarily closed), L’artisan des Glaces, Les Halles, La Creperie etc are all run by the same company.

Sounds like you encountered it on an off night, because it’s been run by an authentically French culinary team for decades.

All the food locations in the France pavilion are run by the Bocuse family - one of the most well regarded culinary families in France. Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul (still temporarily closed), L’artisan des Glaces, Les Halles, La Creperie etc are all run by the same company.

Sounds like you encountered it on an off night, because it’s been run by an authentically French culinary team for decades.
Thanks for the info. From what our son and DIL learned when we were all there at F & W was the fact that due to covid, some of the restaurants were under other management because their employees could not be in the US at the time.

Chef's staff was unprofessional (waiters hollering "he yo" at each other) and not attentive and the food was awful. I've done lots of travel (including a gig at EPCOT) on business and have eaten more filets then I care to admit LOL! We ate at O'Hana and though the staff was attentive the food was equally bad. It is just disappointing to spend $300-400 on a bad meal.

I certainly hope this original company comes back. My son and DIL miss the duck!

This echoes our disappointing experience in November.

DH's steak was gristly and badly cooked. He'd have sent it back if not for how late it was. We were tired and wanted a good dinner and night's rest.

My salmon was pleasantly seasoned and sauced but overcooked, nowhere near their usual medium-rare.

Chefs has long been a favorite. This was like having one's dog suddenly turn hostile and snarl.

This echoes our disappointing experience in November.

DH's steak was gristly and badly cooked. He'd have sent it back if not for how late it was. We were tired and wanted a good dinner and night's rest.

My salmon was pleasantly seasoned and sauced but overcooked, nowhere near their usual medium-rare.

Chefs has long been a favorite. This was like having one's dog suddenly turn hostile and snarl.

I agree, it is unexpected and frankly an expensive mistake you shouldn't have to make. It seems we are always tired at EPCOT after a long day, even if was just hanging out at the pool. I don't mind spending $$ but do expect edible food, right?

My DIL had the salmon too and it was gross. Chef's has been the highlight of their trips and they wanted to introduce us to a wonderful experience. Thankfully, we had great dinners at Le Cellier and Steakhouse71. In May, we're hoping to get Le Cellier (son and DIL's 4th anniversary) and Steakhouse71 (our 40th)...so I'll be stalking ADR's next week!

This restaurant can be a bit hit or miss. I have had some fantastic experiences, but also some very ordinary ones. The lack of consistency is why it is not rated higher.

This restaurant can be a bit hit or miss. I have had some fantastic experiences, but also some very ordinary ones. The lack of consistency is why it is not rated higher.
Same. We have also had 3 entrees that are very good and the 4th one is terribly salty. When it's good it's good, but it is risky.

We always have a lunch or dinner there absolutely love it. We were there in November and it was just as wonderful as it always has been.

We’ve done Chefs twice now in lieu of Akershus since it’s closed. But much rather choose Akershus and can’t wait until it opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter