Chef Mickey booked solid?

drew8803

Earning My Ears
Hello DIS community

Trying to book a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys for Oct 7. Today is the 59th day away.

Unbelievably, it seems that almost every day from now until then there is 0 availability. Is that usually the case with Chef Mickeys? If the day of I try to do a walk in, will that effort be futile?

We're going in a couple of weeks and when I booked our adrs 60 days ahead of our trip, I had several choices for Chef Mickey's. Maybe more availability will open up. I originally had it booked twice but canceled the back up day already. Are you trying for breakfast or dinner?

I’ve been trying for any breakfast time on any day Sept 17th - 24th for 4 people since my 60 day mark and I’ve never seen anything. Totally booked 😖. I’ve checked nearly every day and nothing yet. But I’m determined to keep trying. Good luck OP!

We're going in a couple of weeks and when I booked our adrs 60 days ahead of our trip, I had several choices for Chef Mickey's. Maybe more availability will open up. I originally had it booked twice but canceled the back up day already. Are you trying for breakfast or dinner?
Hey thanks for the motivation :)

Trying to do breakfast

Keep checking. Some restaurants had zero availability when I booked 60 days out and then seemed to add it in their system a day or so later. Then lots of availability all of sudden. Not sure why, they don't seem to have it all together.

We will be there that week also and I tried reservations at 60 days out right at 6:00 am and I could not find anything. I tried for 9 people and then also broke it down in groups of 5 and 4 and still nothing. I’ve been checking every day since and no luck. I did sign up for one of the dining alerts and was able to get something for 4 people so now I just have to keep looking for a group of 5. Pretty frustrating because I didn’t think Chef Mickeys was the first choice for a lot of people when reservations open up.

I had the same problem for my August trip, It seems like Disney really cut back on reservations. I couldn't get Chef Mickey or Toppolinos 65 days out.

I had the same problem for my August trip, It seems like Disney really cut back on reservations. I couldn't get Chef Mickey or Toppolinos 65 days out.
Seriously, it sure seems that way. Do you think it might be too risky to try to walk in early and get a spot?

Seriously, it sure seems that way. Do you think it might be too risky to try to walk in early and get a spot?
I don't think so, That is my plan if I can't get a reservation beforehand.
I noticed you can get on the waiting list on the app, Much easier than actually walking up.

I don't think so, That is my plan if I can't get a reservation beforehand.
I noticed you can get on the waiting list on the app, Much easier than actually walking up.
When is your trip?
I hope it works out, will you follow up on here and let me know if it does? I’m a little afraid to candle my backup reservation at Boma and then be completely screwed. Lol

When is your trip?
I hope it works out, will you follow up on here and let me know if it does? I’m a little afraid to candle my backup reservation at Boma and then be completely screwed. Lol
It's on the 22nd! Yes, i will update :)

So I've been watching Chef Mickeys breakfast for a while - concerned about getting it for Christmas week. Many days there are a couple reservations available for the next day. it stresses me, but my backup plan is to just try the day before. Here's what is available tomorrow morning:
1660182027689.png

We went in July and also had a hard time booking Chef Mickey's (breakfast). I had luck with mouse dining alerts. Closer to our trip, so many spots opened up so be diligent in stalking the site!

Though Topolino's has taken the #1 spot of most desired character breakfasts, Chef Mickey's is still extremely popular. Since the pandemic, ADRs have been elevated from a sport to a gladiator event. It's cutthroat.

Since the family-style meals began, I've been to CM for dinner (August 2021) and breakfast (February 2022). Dinner was fantastic, both food and characters, but breakfast was a complete dud.

When we last stayed at the Contemporary, Chef Mickey's always seemed crowded for breakfast. Perhaps closer to the date of your trip you might find an opening. People who change their plans will cancel ADR's closer to the date in order to avoid a no-show charge.

It’s a popular restaurant and rarely has availability at 60 days. But I didn’t have any issue getting it early into my trip I think it was day 3 for breakfast. It’s also dropped a lot definitely check back and sign up for a reservation finder.

When we were visiting the parks in June you could find all kinds of reservations just by checking the app in the evening, so don't give up.

I had Chef Mickey's late dinner (9:25pm) for the 20th of this month (I been checking everyday for the last 2-3 month). I just canceled it couple of days ago.

I notice once you get closer to your date. I would start checking maybe a week or 2 before your date. People are canceling out the reservation.

I'm wondering if there overbooking these reservation date before they even set a date on there travel plan?

It took us months but my wife finally got Jiko reserved to celebrate our son bday on the 21st of this month. I also had BOMA reserved as a back up. Now I canceled BOMA.

Besides a select few restaurants, I feel like the dining window is irrelavent lately as we have scored anything we wanted the week of or the night before. Not the greatest for pre planning but seems to be another way to approach what you cant get 60+ days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter