Checking in late

Pretty much anything is possible. Possible is very different from likely. If the hotel is not fine ull, even the 10 PM (or later) arrival can request a more preferable room. Or move the next day.

Well I didn't say likely. I said sometimes. And that's true. The bottom line is, you may never know if your room assignment was switched or not, if you don't get your request. Of course you can make a change even late at night if there is availability, but yeah, there will be more availability to do this earlier in the day.

Whereas I have NEVER gotten a room ready text or email or anything based on online checkin. Ever.

And there are others who don’t get them for all their reservations.

So I don’t think there’s a “probably” involved.

Did I say “definitely?”

I’ve received them about 50% of the time. Some always receive them. Some don’t.

But if you want to get nit picky I can say “maybe.”

I typically request a room close to the main lobby and it is often granted (though, of course, never guaranteed). You can do the same--just call the general disney world customer service line. What time you arrive will make no difference to your request.

I assume they had our expected arrival time last week but our plane was late and we arrived at 2:30 am at WL. We had made a request for the highest floor and paid for Nature View. We ended up with Courtyard view (which I believe is a slight upgrade) on the highest floor. We didn't do online check-in.

One month ago, we landed at 8 PM and got to Saratoga Springs at 930PM. We didn't even get a text and our room number wasn't on the app. We were concerned that we had the worst room possible.

We get there, and very well may have had the best room available. First floor, with a patio, looking directly across the lake at disney springs. It was incredible.

We got our room assignment last August while we were waiting to board our 4:45 PM flight. It was pretty much opposite what I requested, so DH called and we were switched to exactly what I wanted.

We've arrived at Pop around 1am on a few occassions and always gotten our room choices. I don't really think it matters what time you check in at all. In fact once we were given a room next to the most noisy people ever, we just arrived, unpacked our stuff and could still hear them at 2am. We called and they changed our room no problem to a preferred view. At 2am in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter