Checking in at 30 day mark

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
With reduced capacity currently, is there any big benefit to checking in at the 30 day mark? It seems the ships are leaving port later than normal and there's no sail away party so I'm wondering if staying up until midnight is worth it just to get a slightly earlier port arrival time.

With reduced capacity currently, is there any big benefit to checking in at the 30 day mark? It seems the ships are leaving port later than normal and there's no sail away party so I'm wondering if staying up until midnight is worth it just to get a slightly earlier port arrival time.
It just depends on how eager you are to get onboard. Some people really like swimming when they first board the ship, or want to get on the waitlist for a cabana, or want to have an early lunch onboard because they have first seating dinner. Those are good reasons to want to board early.

I just wanted to note that if you're taking DCL transportation (either from the airport or a Disney resort) most people aren't receiving a port arrival time so there isn't a reason to stay up in this situation.

I just wanted to note that if you're taking DCL transportation (either from the airport or a Disney resort) most people aren't receiving a port arrival time so there isn't a reason to stay up in this situation.
When does DCL transportation arrive? I'm not taking that so I'd like to try and avoid it.

When does DCL transportation arrive? I'm not taking that so I'd like to try and avoid it.
The first bus from MCO leaves around 9:30am, so presumably arriving at Port Canaveral around 10:30am. Buses from MCO run every 20 minutes or so into the early/mid-afternoon. I've heard the resort buses are now picking up earlier -- starting around 8:30am; but that could include multiple stops, again presumably arriving at Port Canaveral starting around 10:30 or 11am.

I have checked in 3 times so far. Checking in at midnight got me the earliest PAT with a boarding group of 3. Waiting till the next morning got me PAT of 30 minutes later with a boarding group of 5 or 6.

There just isn’t that much difference!

I have checked in 3 times so far. Checking in at midnight got me the earliest PAT with a boarding group of 3. Waiting till the next morning got me PAT of 30 minutes later with a boarding group of 5 or 6.

There just isn’t that much difference!
What were your times?

What were your times?
We sailed twice in august when the first PAT was 1:00. I got 1:00 for the first one of the B2B when I stayed up til midnight. The second cruise I got 1:15 when I checked in the next morning.

For my cruise next month, I stayed up to midnight, but the online checkin wasn’t working. I finally got it to work the next morning and got a 11:30 PAT when the earliest was 11:00.

Last week on the Dream they had Beauty and the Beast at 1:00 for people who were on the ship early, at least based on the app. We didn't board until about 3 so I'm not sure if it actually ran or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter