Check your room charges! We were overcharged by $300+ !!

Years ago we were staying at Wilderness Lodge, and we were charged for Cirque d'Soleil tickets. When I questioned what it was, the desk person asked if we had just forgotten about it. Hmm, big building, people flying through the air......think I would remember that!

Years ago we were staying at Wilderness Lodge, and we were charged for Cirque d'Soleil tickets. When I questioned what it was, the desk person asked if we had just forgotten about it. Hmm, big building, people flying through the air......think I would remember that!

Lol

I do think it’s a good idea to check them each day. Seems to me the last couple of stays I couldn’t find the charges on MDE after checking out.
Your room charges folio disappears on check out day and you can't see it anymore. Much like you can't see it on MDE until check in day.

I didn’t have any luck getting them to email them to me either. Just have to go to front desk and ask for a print . We strictly stay DVC if on site now but we still use the magic bands for meals. I might remove the CC too from my magic band and just use my cc directly. We do that anyway when at the Dolphin and off site. And there’s always cash. What worries me more is the parking charges. DVC stays are not supposed to be charged but I think it wise with all the screw ups to even check up on that at this point.

I didn’t have any luck getting them to email them to me either. Just have to go to front desk and ask for a print . We strictly stay DVC if on site now but we still use the magic bands for meals. I might remove the CC too from my magic band and just use my cc directly. We do that anyway when at the Dolphin and off site. And there’s always cash. What worries me more is the parking charges. DVC stays are not supposed to be charged but I think it wise with all the screw ups to even check up on that at this point.
We are supposed to have a trip coming up in a couple weeks and if we do end up going, we'll be checking in upon arrival. That way, no card on my account and if we are incorrectly charged for parking, it can be taken care of immediately since it would require me to go to the front desk.

I never wrote my number down...all resort guests have card or band they scan- so no mistakes like that ‘should’ happen.

But the parking is not done in the same way as other charges and it seems to be the one of the most common mistakes.

FYI, my husband never checks his receipts or bag. I love my husband, so I have learned to mostly live with it😉

I hear you. DH is hypervigilant about what hits his credit card, constantly complains about what *I* (somehow he never seems to realize that most of my spending is done on his/our behalf) spend, but never actually checks the content. He passes the receipts over to me to check so it's MY fault if something was wrong. After 30+ years, I have mostly learned to live with it in much the same way I have learned to live with his inability to put dishes back into the right cabinet.

We always check our room charges - typically towards the end of our resort stay. I've also never had an issue getting the resort to email be a copy of the room folio which itemizes everything. But we have run into mix ups at restaurants where we've been delivered the bill for another party etc. As others have said, any company can run into issues with charges to cards, rooms etc. The accountability is on me to check that the charges are correct, just as I do with my credit card statement every month.

I do think it’s a good idea to check them each day. Seems to me the last couple of stays I couldn’t find the charges on MDE after checking out.
I noticed that as well when we went to leave. I usually get the email but we get a hard copy before leaving the resort. Would rather take care of it at the resort if there is an error.

I never get the email from Disney but maybe it’s a DVC thing. I get emails from the Dolphin and all the Hilton family hotels we stay at. Makes it easier to follow up on if you have an early flight or charges on your departure day.

It's not on MDE after checking out. I get an email with our total portfolio on check out day, always sent in the wee hours of the morning. If you don't get one you can always request it

But the parking is not done in the same way as other charges and it seems to be the one of the most common mistakes.
Exactly, Parking is done manually and is wrought with errors. Before people accuse Disney of using it as a way to get money from folks by just charging everyone, there are plenty who do drive who are never charged. So they miss out on their money because of the screw ups. At the same time, I don't think those folks who were not charged on quick to point it out either. LOL

We are DVC and I get an email of our folio every trip. Sometimes I get it before we check out on our last day, and sometimes a few hours later but always on check out day.

This is exactly why I like going to the desk and paying off my room charges with my GCs every 2-3 days and the night before checkout. I have them print me a detail list that I can quickly go over and check, so I can deal with any issues right then.

Best idea yet

Never had an issue at Disney, but we sure did at Atlantis in the Bahamas. Just make sure to look over your bill anywhere you go.

Hard copies work for me too. All this trying to read numbers etc on my phone gives me a crick in the neck. Bring an analytical person by profession and nature, I check all my statements etc. but it doesn’t help for hotel charges unless you get the daily printout.

The comments about it happens everywhere reminds me of when my kids said, but mom, everybody does X, whatever X happened to be. Not a valid argument in my book.

Hard copies work for me too. All this trying to read numbers etc on my phone gives me a crick in the neck. Bring an analytical person by profession and nature, I check all my statements etc. but it doesn’t help for hotel charges unless you get the daily printout.

The comments about it happens everywhere reminds me of when my kids said, but mom, everybody does X, whatever X happened to be. Not a valid argument in my book.
Disney is missing out on some untapped revenue here, can’t believe they aren’t charging for hard copies yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter