Check-in March 2018

sherilaine

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the official check-in thread for those travelling to DLR in March of 2018. Let us know your dates and if you'd like, where you are staying.

Here's the list we have so far, I will update this as more are added:

I have to say - we have some very creative members when it comes to their names!! I feel kind of boring now.

jammyjam25 - Feb 28-March 3
Chelsea B - Feb 28- March 4 Fairfield Inn
patyoung – March 1-3 – Disneyland Hotel
Mountain Fan - March 1-3 - Anaheim Hotel
sherilaine - March 2-10 - Howard Johnson
OldSchoolReasons – March 8-9
Sharksfinatic17 - March 8-11 - Tropicana
Marssiful – March 9-10
Daisybell911 - March 11
keywis25 - March 12-16 - Tropicana
akmomesq - March 13-17 - Fairfield Inn
Superdeluxe - March 13-17 - Fairfield Inn
disneymouse16 – March 14-16 – Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
RedStickTiger - March 14-19 - Fairfield Inn
Jasmyn – March 14 - 21
Azjenn - March 16-23 - BWPPI and Disneyland Hotel
Quam - March 18-20 - Grand Californian Villas
boggerbret – March 19-22 - Howard Johnson
clothesmindedmom - March 19-23 - Park Vue Inn
Smartlabelprint - March 19-27 - Homewood Suites Convention
whoever - March 20-24 - DLH Adventure Land Suite - (wow!!)
VandVsmama - March 22-24 – Disneyland Hotel
biochemgirl – March 24-31 – Anaheim Hotel
sammykster – March 25-31 – Grand California
OneThree - March 25-30 - Disneyland Hotel
LvsTnk - March 25- April 2 – Grand California
3TinksandAnEyore - March 26-29 - Park Vue Inn
Cavners5 – March 26-31 – Grand Californian
Laundress - March 27-29 - Paradise Pier
marikoj – March 28-31 – Park Vue Inn

Thanks!
Sheri

Last edited:
I've been looking too, but haven't seen one! We'll be there the first weekend in March :)

We will be there the same time - March 2nd to 10th - it's odd to not see a thread for that month as it tends to be pretty popular with spring break towards the end. Crazy all of the changes going on though - I hope it's not too disruptive. This will be our 5th trip so we are just going to make the most of it even though our very favorite ride is down during that time. Hope you have a great trip.

I'll be there for a day on the 11th. Only my second time to DL and CA so I need to figure out a good park hopping touring plan to see the highlights!

We’re heading to Phoenix for spring break and just decided to tack on a surprise (for kids) 3 day DL trip! last DL trip was a year ago October and we’ve been dying to go. Although in 2010 we stayed offsite, we’ve stayed at Grand Californian ever since. Because it’s so last minute, we’re staying at Fairfield. I have my fingers crossed that it’s an easy walk and that the rooms are nice. We’re also taking family friends and their kids who’ve never been - so excited!

Add me on for 3/13 - 3/17 at FFI.

And if anyone has any ideas on how to surprise the four kids (ages 11 - 15) at the airport - I’d love to hear! We fly from Alaska to Seattle, from Seattle originally to Phoenix but instead to SNA. Need a good way to spring the surprise in Seattle....

We will be there March 8-11 and staying at the Tropicana. We have one DD coming in from her college spring break (Massachusettes) late Thursday night/Friday morning and one DD leaving early Sunday morning to return from her spring break (Pennsylvania). Thank goodness for Uber! This has been a fun one to purchase airfare for....yikes!

I just made our first dining reservation. :yay: That means the trip is getting closer. I love the planning part of Disney!

3/19-27 19 & 27 are travel days. POTC better not be down. I will be so sad. I came in spring partly because I thought nothing would be down!

Also because my kids are early birds and 10 am in winter we can’t get much done.

ETA Homewood Suites Convention

Last edited:
We’re heading to Phoenix for spring break and just decided to tack on a surprise (for kids) 3 day DL trip! last DL trip was a year ago October and we’ve been dying to go. Although in 2010 we stayed offsite, we’ve stayed at Grand Californian ever since. Because it’s so last minute, we’re staying at Fairfield. I have my fingers crossed that it’s an easy walk and that the rooms are nice. We’re also taking family friends and their kids who’ve never been - so excited!

We booked FFI for our trip! I thought it sounded nice enough and is very close

We’ll be there 3/25 - 3/30, staying at the DLH. I’m assuming it’s going to be insane but I’m beyond excited anyway!

Last edited:
Thanks for getting a board going for us Shari! I thought it was weird nothing was up yet, too.

This will be the first trip to DLR for DH and me. Feb 28- Mar 3 at FFI. We've been to WDW a couple times and caught the Disney bug. Our son will be about 16 mo old (he's staying w gma!) so we wanted a shorter trip and thought DL would be a perfect way to get our fix. If we can bring ourselves to leave him at all!!! I did get the trip insurance :rolleyes:

I didn't forsee quite so much construction. It'll be fine so far, but if POTC goes down, it might not be!!

Hi! We will be there from the 16th until the 23rd the kids think we are going for a quick weekend trip from Friday till Sunday, I have reservations for those first 2 nights at BWPPI. Little do they know, we are going to pack the car up and they will think we are going home, and we are going to drive around the corner and check in to the Disneyland Hotel for 5 more nights!! I can’t wait!

Update: Unless someone else has already created a thread, we can use this for the official check in thread for those travelling to DLR in March of 2018. Let us know your dates and if you'd like, where you are staying.

Here's the list for far:

Chelsea B - March 2-4
sherilaine - March 2-10 - HOJO
Sharksfinatic17 - March 8-11 - Tropicana
Daisybell911 - March 11
keywis25 - March 12-16
akmomesq - March 13-17 - FFI

Thanks!
3/20-3/24. DLH Adventureland Suite!!!

And if anyone has any ideas on how to surprise the four kids (ages 11 - 15) at the airport - I’d love to hear! We fly from Alaska to Seattle, from Seattle originally to Phoenix but instead to SNA. Need a good way to spring the surprise in Seattle....

We stayed at Hojo's this past May and the walk was totally fine. It took us 7-8 min in the morning and 10-12 in the evening (because we were tired!). FFI is slightly closer than Hojo's.

We are going to DL 3/22-3/24 with my sister, staying in a 1-BR suite at the Disneyland Hotel! We are super duper excited. My sister hasn't been to DL in over 20 years and she's always wanted to stay at the DLH. It's a bucket list item for her. So she offered to foot the bill for the hotel room if the 4 of us wanted to join her. My kids (ODD-11, YDD-9) are totally and completely excited about introducing their aunt to Carsland.

We will be heading to California for Spring Break this year (from Texas).

We arrive in San Diego on March 11th to visit with family prior to making our way to Disneyland on the 14th. We are booked at the Fairfield Inn, checking out on the 19th.

We plan to take in 3 1/2 days at Disney, then we are off to the Nascar race on Sunday the 18th.

I haven't been to Disneyland in nearly 35 years. My wife, about the same (but I didn't know her then - ha). We have a son, 13 years of age.

We've been to Disney World as a family on two different occasions. We should have a wonderful time.

I'm a bit apprehensive on planning the rides, etc., as I'm certainly not familiar with the parks at all. We will make the best of it.

We will be heading to California for Spring Break this year (from Texas).

We arrive in San Diego on March 11th to visit with family prior to making our way to Disneyland on the 14th. We are booked at the Fairfield Inn, checking out on the 19th.

We plan to take in 3 1/2 days at Disney, then we are off to the Nascar race on Sunday the 18th.

I haven't been to Disneyland in nearly 35 years. My wife, about the same (but I didn't know her then - ha). We have a son, 13 years of age.

We've been to Disney World as a family on two different occasions. We should have a wonderful time.

I'm a bit apprehensive on planning the rides, etc., as I'm certainly not familiar with the parks at all. We will make the best of it.

Disneyland Daily's website is really helpful --> https://disneylanddaily.com/. You should also read some of the sticky threads that are posted at the top of this board. Those are really helpful, too, in planning a Disneyland vacation.

You should also read "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" --> https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-dlr-guide-for-wdw-vets.1162599/

You're going to have a great time! All of Hydroguy's tips on the Sticky threads are really helpful. Those suggestions have helped our family immensely when we were really new at this DL thing and I didn't know what I was doing. Here's a highlight of some of those tips that our family has found to be really successful:
  1. If you can swing it, get to the park for rope drop.
  2. If you have a 3+ day ticket, use your EMH entry to DL early in your DL visit. Why? Because you'll have more energy earlier in the trip.
  3. Stay within walking distance of the park entrance. You've already got this one covered!
  4. Leave the park for the busiest part of the afternoon. Rest at the hotel. Go back late afternoon/early evening. We usually head back 4:30-5:30 pm time frame.
  5. Have everybody pick THE #1 attraction they want to go on. Try to do all of those on the 1st day. If something is down, then you have the rest of your visit to make up for it. Everything else you get to do on the trip is icing on the cake!
  6. Give everybody in your family the OK ahead of time to sit out a ride and take a breather if they need or want to. It helps with Theme Park Fatigue - a condition which can often plague my DH on our DL trips. :rotfl2:

We are going to DL 3/22-3/24 with my sister, staying in a 1-BR suite at the Disneyland Hotel! We are super duper excited. My sister hasn't been to DL in over 20 years and she's always wanted to stay at the DLH. It's a bucket list item for her. So she offered to foot the bill for the hotel room if the 4 of us wanted to join her. My kids (ODD-11, YDD-9) are totally and completely excited about introducing their aunt to Carsland.
Say hi if you see us.

Hi! We will be at the GC Mar 25-Apr 2

Believe it or not my DS with special needs who is my daughters Man of Honor is taking her to DL for her bachelorette party. Soo basically just the 2 of them and the parents are going along to help. She is a teacher so spring break it is yikes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter