• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in-has this ever happened to anyone?

Not when I have the front desk number and call that directly.

Just a word of caution, the Front Desk number can also be answered by the call center who acts like they are the Front Desk.

We learned the hard way when we called WL to have a wheel chair standing by on our return from the hospital. The agent who acted like the Front Desk said that everything would be taken care of. Upon our arrival, no chair and the real Front Desk didn't know that we were coming. They then told us that the Front Desk calls are answered at a call center in Tampa.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes I had something like that... in my case the "room was being cleaned" turned out to be a big fat LIE since the current guests had not even begun to pack, they had actually extended their stay!

hahaha that is very funny. it's quite frustrating to waste quality time in disney! especially since we switched over to have access to SAB for a day. but oh well, it's not worth getting too upset over :p

Heck,
We waited at Kidani's lounge area for our room to be available. We got there at around 10:30 after our cruise, checked in and they said we'll get a text. Ate at Sanaa and waited at the lounge. Asked the Front Desk around 2pm they said not yet. Asked again at 3:30 and not yet. They said no worries I'll get a text (didn't even check the computer). Finally at 4:30 I asked again and the lady at the FD said I should have received a text at 2pm....:confused3

Heck,
We waited at Kidani's lounge area for our room to be available. We got there at around 10:30 after our cruise, checked in and they said we'll get a text. Ate at Sanaa and waited at the lounge. Asked the Front Desk around 2pm they said not yet. Asked again at 3:30 and not yet. They said no worries I'll get a text (didn't even check the computer). Finally at 4:30 I asked again and the lady at the FD said I should have received a text at 2pm....:confused3

Yeah, that's why I don't believe the texts either. We usually call the number provided on the card. In reality, we don't expect to get into the room before 4:00. We usually head to a park, and sometime between 4-5:00 we had back to the resort and assume we will be able to unpack. We usually do our grocery run if the room isn't ready yet.

I am not sure the texting is a good idea anyway. I know when I am attend large sporting events that have huge crowds using their phones at the same time, the texts are sometimes delayed by hours from the time they were sent.

If Disney is sending these texts out to thousands of guests at the same time, this could be happening there too.

They should not lead you on like that. We move to BCV 1/2 way most every trip and always assume 4PM or later. Either hit SAB or a park for the afternoon, and have a backpack with some items.

We usually get to Disney before check in and we learned the hard way to not wait for the room regardless of what they say. We have had CMs say it would be ready within the hour and it took hours. We have had other CMs tell us the room wouldn't be ready till the afternoon and we got a text within a half an hour.

Now we try not to wait for anything if we don't have to.

OP, I am with you, I would have been frustrated being told one thing, that implies it would be ready shortly, only to find out that is not the case. I appreciate you sharing your experience, it is a timely reminder for our trip to not "wait" on other people on my vacation, I'll do my thing and get there when I get there! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter