Check-in Changing to Tiered Castaway Club Status?

Wonder if this will increase the number of transfers with Disney in order to get on the ship quicker?

Wonder if this will increase the number of transfers with Disney in order to get on the ship quicker?
Probably not. Pre-Covid it was DCL Transfers from MCO that arrived early and pretty much guaranteed early boarding. Some folks took DME back to MCO to get transfers for that reason, instead of transfers from WDW. Now it’s just flip-flopped.

This is really getting a bit confusing. I got the email from my TA which said gold was 35 days. Yet on my resveration it said check in is in 8/11 which woukd be 30 days I emailed my TA and she said it sounds like it should be 30 days she asked if i logged out and back in which I did. So does anyone know if it’s 30 or 35 days for gold.

Sad. As a first time cruiser, I thought it would have been an even playing field for booking/checking in, as when I bought my tickets, everyone was scheduled for 30 days. Wonder if it would make sense to allow those who already booked to at least the Silver Status booking time (33 days?).

This is really getting a bit confusing. I got the email from my TA which said gold was 35 days. Yet on my resveration it said check in is in 8/11 which woukd be 30 days I emailed my TA and she said it sounds like it should be 30 days she asked if i logged out and back in which I did. So does anyone know if it’s 30 or 35 days for gold.
They're still slowly changing it based on cruise date. My 8/19 cruise changed from 30 to 33 days overnight last night. We're silver members.

Sad. As a first time cruiser, I thought it would have been an even playing field for booking/checking in, as when I bought my tickets, everyone was scheduled for 30 days. Wonder if it would make sense to allow those who already booked to at least the Silver Status booking time (33 days?)

Probably not. Pre-Covid it was DCL Transfers from MCO that arrived early and pretty much guaranteed early boarding. Some folks took DME back to MCO to get transfers for that reason, instead of transfers from WDW. Now it’s just flip-flopped.
Are MCO transfers arriving late now?

Are MCO transfers arriving late now?
MCO transfers may arrive early, however they still need a PAT (and related boarding group). In the past they did not and got a low boarding group.

Transfers from WDW do not need a PAT, arrive early and are automatically given a low boarding group.

MCO transfers may arrive early, however they still need a PAT (and related boarding group). In the past they did not and got a low boarding group.

Transfers from WDW do not need a PAT, arrive early and are automatically given a low boarding group.
Is this a recent change? Our November cruise from MCO transfer we didn't need a pat and got there early.

Last edited:
Is this a recent change? Our November cruise from MCO transfer we didn't need a part and got there early.
To my knowledge it’s been since the restart. Did you take the DCL transfers directly from MCO or from the Hyatt? The Hyatt doesn’t need a PAT. Those on transfers from MCO do need to select a PAT during online checkin, though the PAT itself isn’t used but rather the associated boarding group matters.

They're still slowly changing it based on cruise date. My 8/19 cruise changed from 30 to 33 days overnight last night. We're silver members.
This. My 8/22 cruise on the Wish finally changed. My 2/18 cruise on the Dream has not yet. I did email about it and the response I got was to call the website resolution team if it has not changed a week after the rollout (so next Monday).

To my knowledge it’s been since the restart. Did you take the DCL transfers directly from MCO or from the Hyatt? The Hyatt doesn’t need a PAT. Those on transfers from MCO do need to select a PAT during online checkin, though the PAT itself isn’t used but rather the associated boarding group matters.
Ahh, yeah we were at the Hyatt. That makes sense.

We are travelling with another family. We will both be able to check in at the same day. However, since I'm on the west coast it's a bit easier for me. Does anyone know if I can check in for them if we have linked our reservations? Obviously I would need all their documentation, but that would not be a problem.

We are travelling with another family. We will both be able to check in at the same day. However, since I'm on the west coast it's a bit easier for me. Does anyone know if I can check in for them if we have linked our reservations? Obviously I would need all their documentation, but that would not be a problem.
Assuming you have their login and all their information yes you can check them in but you’re going to have to check in one group at a time and then go back into the system and check them in next. It would be much smarter to have each family check themselves in.

Assuming you have their login and all their information yes you can check them in but you’re going to have to check in one group at a time and then go back into the system and check them in next. It would be much smarter to have each family check themselves in.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if I'd need their login if the reservations were linked. I agree, it's simpler for them to do it. I was just trying to help them by taking advantage of the time zone in CA.

This. My 8/22 cruise on the Wish finally changed. My 2/18 cruise on the Dream has not yet. I did email about it and the response I got was to call the website resolution team if it has not changed a week after the rollout (so next Monday).

My February cruise changed late in the day yesterday.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter