Check in before passport arrival.

dtk07

Mouseketeer
Our paid in full date is coming up mid August. We are doing our passport meeting with the post office at next weekend.

Can we do online check-in for our Disney Cruise if we don't have our passports in hand yet? I've heard conflicting information on this. I'm not worried about getting our passports in time for our Nov cruise but I'm thinking they won't be here for our mid August paid in full date.

Our paid in full date is coming up mid August. We are doing our passport meeting with the post office at next weekend.

Can we do online check-in for our Disney Cruise if we don't have our passports in hand yet? I've heard conflicting information on this. I'm not worried about getting our passports in time for our Nov cruise but I'm thinking they won't be here for our mid August paid in full date.
Yes. Just say you're using driver's license/birth certificate. You can change the information later, when you have your passport. Or, you can change it when you check in at the port.

I should mention this is the San Juan to Miami cruise, so passports are required. Does this change anything?

I should mention this is the San Juan to Miami cruise, so passports are required. Does this change anything?
That I don't know. I only know that the usual check in pages give you an option for filling out what form of ID you're using. If a passport is required, maybe there is no option.

Next best suggestion, fill in with fake info and go in and fix it when you get the information. Don't know if that will work.

We're in a similar position (same cruise), as my husband's passport renewal will be pending around the time of check-in. Since it's a renewal, I think I'll try to check us in with hiscurrent passport info, then update the number after we receive it.

We're in a similar position (same cruise), as my husband's passport renewal will be pending around the time of check-in. Since it's a renewal, I think I'll try to check us in with hiscurrent passport info, then update the number after we receive it.
Yes, for a renewal, you should have no problem entering the current number and then updating it once the new passport arrives.

If you don’t have a passport at all, the worst that could happen is you wouldn’t be able to complete Online Check-in to select a port arrival time until the passport arrives. You should still be able to book onboard activities and excursions.

I was able to complete our online check in for the WBTA in September and one of our party was still waiting for his passport to arrive.

I've had to fill in nonsense a few times while waiting for a renewed passport. There isn't any check that's done - they'd have to be able to either tap into a country's passport database to verify it was a real number or at least know the format of every country's passport numbers to do any kind of rational check. Unless they've changed the system in the last three years, you can literally type in blahblah and it won't know any differently. Just make sure to correct it three days prior to sailing when they do actually look at it.

Just make sure you put the CORRECT CITIZENSHIP. Don't say you're a citizen of Narnia if you're sailing on a US passport for example. If your citizenship is wrong when you arrive at port, you have to wait for them to fix it and sometimes it can take a while.

I've had to fill in nonsense a few times while waiting for a renewed passport. There isn't any check that's done - they'd have to be able to either tap into a country's passport database to verify it was a real number or at least know the format of every country's passport numbers to do any kind of rational check. Unless they've changed the system in the last three years, you can literally type in blahblah and it won't know any differently. Just make sure to correct it three days prior to sailing when they do actually look at it.
this works great...I just did this

You do not have to complete the online check in at the time of you paid in full date. Just complete it when you have the necessary information. You can start the online check in process and then complete it later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts