Cheapness In Seattle (A 2019 PNW Trip Report - 2020 update added on 6/25

Awesome report! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. It looks like our West Coast National Park trip is out. My wife and I are in the thick of it (in nursing and LE in Phila), so we know there are people going through much, much worse situations. Our vacations are our escape from those front-row seats to the major problems that exist in the city on an average year. But with the kids losing their school year, the boys losing their baseball seasons, and everything else, we are going to particularly need some time away. At this point, it's looking like an East Coast, National Lampoon Vacation-style road trip in a rental minivan to tour National Parks and battlefields. No real plan, just Eff it and drive.

Sorry what is LE?

Thanks for hanging in there. I can't imagine being a health worker right now. I'm sure it's really scary.

I might be getting on the Eff It And Drive bandwagon too. Looks like my Alaska trip is starting to fall apart. I know one thing, when we're finally able to travel again we're going to be going somewhere! I can't wait to get out of the house!

Looks like I will be spending more time in Philly in the near future. My daughter just committed to Drexel University.

I've been lurking-ly following along. As always, thanks for sharing your family's adventures. I do hope you get to Alaska but the good thing about it is that it will be there when the world is ready to travel and college kids have been known to come back for a vacation. Your daughter strikes me as someone who would want to finish that quest so I'm sure you are good there! Can't wait to read about the Universal mini trip - hopefully you got to ride Hagrid's. My youngest (8th grade) was supposed to go to Universal for grad night in May and that obviously isn't happening. Thankfully we've been several times but I do feel bad for all of those graduation kids this year, especially high school seniors. They really got a bum deal this year.

Thanks for sticking with me! I appreciate you reading along.

Sarah DEFINITELY wants to go to Alaska with us. We could still potentially make it happen in 2021. She's going to Drexel University and they have a weird schedule that involves quarters instead of semesters, but she would still get the summer of 2021 free. So I guess that'll be the backup plan.

We DID ride Hagrid's! But I'll save that story for the mini-TR.

I'm sorry your kid missed out on the Universal trip. Like you said, a lot of kids are missing out on everything this year. I told my daughter it's more of a bummer to miss out on the graduation party. Missing out on the principal reading 300 names is less disappointing. 😆

You're welcome!

Since I wrote that sentence, next week we can talk about your/you're.
Hey, wait a minute! I already did that rant on disdads. I call foul. (or plagiarism)

Right. That's part of my problem is that my $$$ will be tied up in 6 different names.

I just got an email from one lodge where I had a reservation that they will not be opening in 2020. This is starting to fall apart.
Yeah, that sucks for you. Especially since Sarah will (should) be going off to college and unable to make the trip whenever it gets re-scheduled.

I really to count myself fortunate my job is still fine and the only travel plans I had were using DVC points which will be refunded. Sorry, man...wish it wasn't so bad for y'all. :sad2:

OK, trying to keep up here.....while most people are bored out of their minds, lots of my life is still the same, except you have to wait to get into a supermarket, and so many things take so much longer than they used to, so I'm constantly getting behind.....

I'm definitely not bored...I feel like I get a lot more messages/phone calls since I started working from home.

They are so underrated. Rarely do I ever get time to have one, especially at home.

We don't get them often here, either. Weekends are the best bet.

That's great when you're that close to the ground, but I'm not sure how I would be able to get up off that thing. And you know I would have to do a photo op there!

Well, just bring along a couple of spotters to stand on either side. :rotfl2:

Quite Profound!

I was pondering that one the rest of the day.

Definitely the lunch of champions!

The Oreos are what make it.

Ummmm, why would people do that?

:rotfl2:Social distancing!

Awww, he looks so happy.

I think he was pretty proud of himself there.

I didn't know you could do that!

Guaranteed to improve any salad!:thumbsup2

Now you're talkin' that sounds good!

That place had really good food.

Wow! I miss desserts at restaurants.

I miss a lot of things! Like leaving the house.

Glad your choice was a better one on this day.

I was glad we could actually see a mountain!

That is an amazing photo.

Thank you!

This one is too, but for other reasons. Is that Drew running around in the bushes in the foreground?

:confused3
I don't think so...but it wouldn't surprise me.

I want to hear about the Bloopers reel and what you've done when it doesn't come out so good. We've taken a few Mtn Dew bottles home with us in the suitcases and other interesting things.

We've had to get creative. We have been known to have to chug bottles of water in the hotel parking lot. And then hit the bathroom before the flight.

I don't know if this applies to you, but there was some ruling about cruise ships not sailing for 100 days, but that may have been from US ports.

Yeah, it's a recommendation from the CDC. Princess and Holland America seemed to take it seriously and cancelled all cruises to Alaska this year. Royal Caribbean (which we booked) is cancelled until...June 12. Which is well within that 100 days. So...:confused3

That looks soooo good!

It was!

This one bugs me to no end! The other one I don't hear so much.

There's one in sports commentary that drives me nuts. An announcer will say a player needs to "get untracked". He means "on track", which would actually make sense. "Untracked" is not a word.

Plus the budget committee probably approved the pool time as well.

An excellent point.

Well I am glad that you have your jobs and are staying healthy. I've told other people besides not going to band and not going to Disney are the only differences in our lives. Well and wearing masks everywhere, keeping clorox wipes in our cars.....

Right. Other than that, it's exactly the same. I'm getting wanderlust really badly now.

It would be fun to hear about your Universal based trip to Disney!

I guess I'd better start loading photos!

Your going to open that can of warms?
Any time you want to be a jerk to your kids, I'm your man!
This I know!
Sure, if everyone else cancels.
Go, everyone!
I just got an email from one lodge where I had a reservation that they will not be opening in 2020. This is starting to fall apart.
Saw that. Uh, oh...

Hooray for the successful do over. And the serendipitous end of the PB & J supplies!

I’m sorry to hear the Alaska trip isn’t working out, but I’m looking forward to the universal mini trip consolation prize.

Thanks for the update!

We hopped right out of the car and went for a hike. At the parking lot, which is the start of many of the hiking trails through the alpine meadows, Mount Rainier looms large in the background.

That's really an incredible view!! Glad you got to see it and it was worth going back for!!

As far as Vancouver goes, well, who knows if we’ll actually get there at all now? Fingers still crossed. But I have a feeling I may be canceling my cruise soon. If it’s not canceled for me.

Definitely need to plan that for some future time. Vancouver is such a beautiful city. Ahem...when our prime minister starts letting Americans back in :)) (Kidding of course, I know this is a serious situation and some countries are handling it..differently than others, and I will also miss the USA if not allowed to travel there)

My lasting regret from eating at this restaurant was not buying this t-shirt, which played off the name of one of their in-house beers.

It's not often one regrets "not" buying something but I hear ya. Especially on Disney trips lol.

It’s less about spoiling the youngest kid than it is about preserving the parents’ sanity.

I love how you articulated that. So accurate.

That night, we filled in states 48 and 49 on the family map. All that was left was to conquer Alaska…coming in summer 2020.

That is truly impressive. Funny also because I have a map like that with pins for the world and where I've travelled..only it's not living up to its reputation and I can't push pins in a lot of places because there are wood slats on the back in too many countries lol! Alaska is definitely worth visiting and hopefully some other time in future it will happen for you!

Sorry what is LE?

Thanks for hanging in there. I can't imagine being a health worker right now. I'm sure it's really scary.

I might be getting on the Eff It And Drive bandwagon too. Looks like my Alaska trip is starting to fall apart. I know one thing, when we're finally able to travel again we're going to be going somewhere! I can't wait to get out of the house!

Looks like I will be spending more time in Philly in the near future. My daughter just committed to Drexel University.

LE/policing in Phila. Poor career choice, I know. Twenty-five years in, a wife, three kids, and a mortgage later, so no career change.😀 Nonetheless, we will we need to go somewhere this summer! Although, I'd really love a family picture at Zion with masks on.

Drexel is an excellent school! Chris Ferguson, former NASA astronaut and Philly son, went there.

First time reading one of your TR's. I spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon reading it. Enjoyed it thoroughly! Your narration style reminds me of the guys who hosted the radio show Car Talk if they went on a vacation together with their families and had a spin off show about their adventures while on vacation. I just found this DIS Dads forum last night. I'm going to read some more of your TR's as time allows. For now, I've got to get to work, which I mean, I need to get to my desk here in quarantine and actually get some work done. I hope you get your 50th state this Summer!

-Steven

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute! I already did that rant on disdads. I call foul. (or plagiarism)

Like this is a surprise. I steal all of my best work.

Yeah, that sucks for you. Especially since Sarah will (should) be going off to college and unable to make the trip whenever it gets re-scheduled.

I really to count myself fortunate my job is still fine and the only travel plans I had were using DVC points which will be refunded. Sorry, man...wish it wasn't so bad for y'all.

Thanks. it'll be fine. Someday, we'll be allowed to go on vacations again. It just feels like forever now.

Your going to open that can of warms?

Warms? How do you put that in a can?

This I know!

It's a gift.

Hooray for the successful do over. And the serendipitous end of the PB & J supplies!

I love it when a plan comes together!

I’m sorry to hear the Alaska trip isn’t working out, but I’m looking forward to the universal mini trip consolation prize.

Thanks. I have about half of the photos uploaded now.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for sticking with me!

That's really an incredible view!! Glad you got to see it and it was worth going back for!!

I think we made a good call there.

Definitely need to plan that for some future time. Vancouver is such a beautiful city. Ahem...when our prime minister starts letting Americans back in :)) (Kidding of course, I know this is a serious situation and some countries are handling it..differently than others, and I will also miss the USA if not allowed to travel there)

I've heard wonderful things about Vancouver. Never been there before.

I keep hoping some really smart doctor or researcher will find a breakthrough treatment for this virus. We're all really just trying to buy time.

It's not often one regrets "not" buying something but I hear ya. Especially on Disney trips lol.

It's not the first time, won't be the last!

I love how you articulated that. So accurate.

We parents are just trying to survive to the next hour.

That is truly impressive. Funny also because I have a map like that with pins for the world and where I've travelled..only it's not living up to its reputation and I can't push pins in a lot of places because there are wood slats on the back in too many countries lol! Alaska is definitely worth visiting and hopefully some other time in future it will happen for you!

I was really, really looking forward to Alaska. Not only to finish the 50 states but because it's supposed to be amazing. I can't wait to start traveling internationally, too.

LE/policing in Phila. Poor career choice, I know. Twenty-five years in, a wife, three kids, and a mortgage later, so no career change.😀 Nonetheless, we will we need to go somewhere this summer! Although, I'd really love a family picture at Zion with masks on.

Thanks for keeping us safe! One idea I found liberating was that your job is not necessarily your calling. You might be called to be a husband and father over everything else. Your job is just a tool at your disposal in order to provide for your family.

I'd take a family vacation photo anywhere at this point!

Drexel is an excellent school! Chris Ferguson, former NASA astronaut and Philly son, went there.

If it's good enough for astronauts, it's good enough for me! We're excited about everything except the tuition bills. I look forward to finding good restaurants to hang out in around campus.

First time reading one of your TR's. I spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon reading it. Enjoyed it thoroughly! Your narration style reminds me of the guys who hosted the radio show Car Talk went on a vacation together with their families and had a spin off show about their adventures while on vacation. I just found this DIS Dads forum last night. I'm going to read some more of your TR's as time allows. For now, I've got to get to work, which I mean, I need to get to my desk here in quarantine and actually get some work done. I hope you get your 50th state this Summer!

-Steven

:welcome: Steven, and thanks for reading! I can't believe you'd want to torture yourself by reading more, but I appreciate you spending the time.

The DIS Dads is a fun group, I'm sure you'd fit right in!

Like this is a surprise. I steal all of my best work.
chortle – Monster GIF

Any place with a code name has to be good!

Like... Area 51?

You're welcome!

Hey, while you're at it, can we throw in dinning vs. dining, wondering vs. wandering, to/too/two, and their/they're/there?

It's not looking good. I just got an email from one of the lodges I made a reservation at that they will not be opening at all in 2020. So there's that.

:(

Hey, while you're at it, can we throw in dinning vs. dining, wondering vs. wandering, to/too/two, and their/they're/there?
Or my personal favourite (that I see all the time) "There was so much lightening and thunder outside!"

I mean, it's true.

You fold the sleeves in first.

Story checks out.

Like... Area 51?

::yes::

Another one that is like nails on a chalkboard to me is when someone writes "I should of done the other thing."

Should HAVE!

Or my personal favourite (that I see all the time) "There was so much lightening and thunder outside!"

Heh, sorry 'bout that one.

:rolleyes1

Jim Gaffigan has a video up that shows his family "on vacation". Cheesy - but I found it worth a smile - struck me as trying really hard to keep the kids entertained.

I'm usually up for anything Jim Gaffigan does.

Since we don't have any of those, I don't see much of that....

I do like watching thunderstorms. From a safe place indoors, of course.

Bonus Chapter 1: Fulfilling a Promise

My daughter had spinal surgery in November of 2017. She had grown up with scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and had worn a brace for 2 years, from 6th – 8th grade, in the hopes of keeping it from getting worse through puberty and avoiding the need for surgery. Obviously, that failed, and sometime in 2017 the curvature finally got bad enough that our doctor recommended a spinal fusion. Not only that, but she would also have two titanium rods attached to her spinal column in order to help keep it straight—for the rest of her life.

Clearly, this was no mere outpatient procedure.

Fortunately, the Good Lord blessed us with a life in proximity of one of the leading pediatric hospitals in the country—A.I. Dupont Hospital in Wilmington, DE. The spinal surgeons there are recognized around the world for their expertise—they have developed both braces and surgical procedures that area used worldwide. Families from many nations will actually fly in to have their children undergo this surgery at A.I. Dupont Hospital. So we were very happy to live just about a 35-minute drive away.

Even with their expertise, we were still somewhat nervous when the day came for the operation. It’s only natural as a parent, right? Major surgery is always a risk. Even with the best in the world performing the procedure.

As much as Julie and I were worried, it was Sarah who had the worst assignment by far. She’d be the one having her spine fused and a month or more of painful recovery. It broke our hearts for her to have to go through it. And we wanted to do something special for her, to give her something to look forward to and work towards during her recovery.

So, on the day of the surgery, we woke up ridiculously early. Something like 4 in the morning. We had to get her to the hospital very early (and get our coffee). And we put something out on the kitchen table at Sarah’s seat for her to see.

Sarah is the World’s Biggest Harry Potter Fan. This is not an exaggeration. She’s one of those people who can tell you every single character (no matter how minor) and every single fictional location (no matter how trivial) and every single magical spell (no matter how useless). She’s a super-fan. And she had always wanted to go to Universal Studios to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

So, we left a stuffed owl and a ticket for the Hogwarts Express at her seat, with a promise to take her to Universal Studios in February 2020.

Why that specific date? Well, I’m a little ashamed to admit it, but we’d already kind of mapped out our trips over the next few years because we’re obsessive vacation planners like that. All of the summers were already taken, and even a spring break or two. Also, no one in their right mind would spend spring break in Florida. Sarah’s birthday is in February, so we leaned towards that month for what would hopefully be a slower time in the parks for a long weekend.

We could only do a weekend trip because of the kids’ school schedule, as well as the fact that Julie is a teacher. Sometimes I really wish we had home-schooled the kids, and the only reason for that is so I could vacation in the offseason.

Anyway, we ended up beating our estimate and scheduling a Universal trip for Jan. 24-27, 2020. That was when I was able to get the best deal on both the vacation package and the flights.

In case you were wondering, her surgery was a total success, she fully recovered, and should be able to live a completely normal life—she was all-conference in high school field hockey, played golf, will be able to have children, and most importantly for this trip report, would have no restrictions for riding roller coasters.

I’ll be clear: our family’s loyalties lie firmly with Disney World. We have had several trips there over the years and it’s number one in our hearts. Yes, it’s not perfect, and I could even make the case it’s not as good as it used to be (I’m earning my Grumpy Old Man card day by day), but it is still the place that has given us magic and family memories for a lifetime. We were eager to see how Universal Studios would hold up in comparison.

I tried to pull off this excursion as cheaply as possible, mostly because we were still planning our big Alaskan Extravaganza for Summer 2020 which I knew would be insanely expensive, but there was no way that trip was ever going to be cancelled. So saving money was important.

How important? Well, for the first time ever, we flew on Frontier Airlines.

Frontier is one of the “ultra-discount” airlines in the U.S., meaning they offer lots of ridiculously low airfares (I’ve seen as low as $19 one-way) and then nickel-and-dime you for every single service in order to try and make up their profits. They charge fees for checked baggage, carry-on baggage, snacks, wi-fi, entertainment, etc. I’m surprised we didn’t get hit with a fee for having a seat cushion or one of those deluxe “transparent” windows.

I’d largely avoided them (and airlines like them) in the past because with such a large family, we’d get destroyed with the bag fees alone. Especially for some of our 2-week long vacations. But for a long weekend, it seemed much more cost-effective. We planned to check one bag, and then I learned from a friend that a backpack counts as a “personal Item” (no fee) rather than a “carry-on” for Frontier. So we ended up paying one bag fee and then everyone jammed everything they could into 6 backpacks. It worked.

The kids and Julie took a half-day from school on Friday the 24th so we could get up to Philadelphia airport before rush hour began. In keeping with the cost-effective theme, our dinner came via the airport McDonald’s. In cost-saving mode, everyone gets one (1) double cheeseburger. And fries, because what’s the point of eating at McDonald’s if you don’t get the fries?

Those sweatshirts are pretty cool, right? Get ready to see a LOT of them.

We flew out of Philadelphia around roughly 5:30 p.m. The flight was uneventful, save for the 10-minute long sales pitch for the Frontier credit card. That was a new experience for me—I couldn’t recall being on a flight where I was hit with such an aggressive sales pitch before. It kept going and going and going…I mean, I’ve endured halftime shows that went by more quickly than this. All I wanted to do was read my book in peace.

Anyway, we landed safely in Fort Lauderdale, which is where the Orlando runway seems like it’s located, and then taxied for another hour back to the main terminal. Because there is no Magical Express to Universal Studios, we had to suffer the indignity of retrieving our own luggage from the baggage claim. Call that a point in Disney’s favor.

Instead of paying for an airport shuttle (having a big family means the cost adds up quickly), I found it to be a better use of resources to rent a minivan. We picked up the rental ( a nice Chrysler Pacifica, night and day better than our usual Dodge Caravan) and headed off to Universal.

But first, we got off I-4 to stop at a Walmart. This was not for peanut butter and jelly supplies, either—since it was a quick trip, we’d just planned to buy lunches along the way. But we still needed something in the mornings for breakfast, so we figured we’d get a better deal at Walmart than in the hotel gift shop.

That side trip went well except for the part where I rounded a corner and came face to face with a driver going the wrong way on the road.

I don’t know how he got that way—he must have made a wrong turn out of the shopping center. But I slammed on the brakes and just sat there—I had cars behind me—and waited until he finally did a 23-point turn and got out of the way. That woke us up.

By the time we got our Pop Tarts and donuts and made our way to the hotel, it was close to 9:15 p.m. We were tired and just wanted to check in, go to sleep, and hit the parks early in the morning.

We had decided to stay at the relatively new Cabana Bay Hotel & Suites. This was by far the most cost-effective option for our family. We could easily fit into one suite there.

On the downside, this hotel does not come with the free Express Pass that gets everyone to the front of the lines. Those are only available to guests at Universal’s high-end resorts. I’ve heard many arguments that the free Express Pass is worth the upgrade in hotels. Unfortunately, I did the math and it doesn’t work for a family of 6. In order to stay at a deluxe hotel, I’d have to rent 2 rooms. None of them could accommodate us (unless I got the Presidential Suite or something). And the cost of 2 rooms was way more than the cost of buying the Express Pass (roughly $500-600 by itself). So we went with the cheaper hotel. I was still trying to save money, so I didn’t buy the Express Pass, either. We’d just have to stand in line with the rest of the peons and hope it wasn’t so crowded that we’d be stuck there forever.

I’d heard good things about Cabana Bay, so I was hoping we’d at least enjoy the stay there. I do have to admit up front that I’m just not a fan of the theme. They pulled off the kitschy 60’s theme very well, and it does absolutely nothing for me. Both of those things can be true at the same time. I prefer the transporting, exotic feel of the Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Or, if we’re comparing moderates, I liked Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs more. Another point in Disney’s favor.

I drove around the main entry and found not a single available parking space. Not a good sign. We saw some people inventing their own spaces, so after another pass I did the same. Then the family waited in the van while Scotty and I went inside to check in.

The lobby was insanely crowded. So much for light January crowds. As it turned out, park was hosting two nights of Christian rock groups and performing artists, and it appeared that every church in America had taken a road trip that weekend and was staying at Cabana Bay.

We got into the check-in line and proceeded to crawl forward at roughly the speed of your 9-year-old going clothes shopping. It felt like every person ahead of us was taking forever. Even better, I spotted one of my pet peeves: employees behind the desk working on something and studiously avoiding eye contact with all of the people standing in line that they aren’t helping.

45 minutes later—no Express Pass for check-in—we finally got called up to the desk to check in. It was then that we were informed that the computer systems were down and everyone was getting checked in by hand. They were using the computers and entering in our information, but maybe it wasn’t connecting to the servers or something. I had to write down my credit card info by hand, which made me nervous, but they couldn’t scan cards at all.

The check-in process itself took another 20 minutes. They had to print each person a room key separately. And I couldn’t get my park tickets, either. I’d have to try and retrieve them in the morning somehow. Hopefully that wouldn’t cost us too much time.

We were given a room in the Starlight building, which of course was in the back of the property. I was told to drive my van around, use my room key to open the gate, and then park in the back closest to my building.

We got back in the van and drove up to the gate. The room key didn’t work at all. I had to hit a button to ask the desk for help, and they immediately buzzed us through without even asking any questions, so I’m guessing we were not the first people to buzz them for help.

We drove around back and struggled to find a single open parking space. We might have had an easier time of it if this guy hadn’t decided to sleep in a hotel rather than the camping trailer he’d brought along to take up 6 spaces.

We finally found a space. Staggering into our hotel room sometime after 10:30 p.m., we crashed as quickly as we could. Julie quickly took a couple of photos before we could trash the room too much.

So, it’s a nice room. The sofa pulls out into a bed, and we felt like there was plenty of room for all of us. Overall, I’d say it’s a very good place for a large family to stay. I’m just not wild about the theme.

This was our building:

And the view across the way:

We got up early for Rope Drop (of course). Here’s a better shot of the lobby with much fewer people around. Gotta love Rope Drop.

The main lobby has a gift shop and a bar across the way from the check-in desk. Upstairs they actually have a bowling alley, which is a cool feature that we did not have the time or money to take advantage of (it was something like $15/person to bowl). There’s also a $tarbucks for your overpriced burnt caffeine. Julie had gotten a bunch of gift cards here from her students at Christmas time, so that at least made it less overpriced for us.

Just outside the lobby, they had a bunch of classic cars lined up. I thought that was a nice touch.

This was before we read the sign saying to please not lean on the cars. Whoops.

We walked down to the bus stop, ready for our first day in Universal Studios. And….

Coming Up Next: We’ll fill in the “…”

Clearly, this was no mere outpatient procedure.

No. Not even close.
So we were very happy to live just about a 35-minute drive away.

But this was close! Really happy you could go home and rest while she recovered at night.

Major surgery is always a risk. Even with the best in the world performing the procedure.

Yes.

Being a surgical RN, I've seen enough codes and close calls that no one could have predicted. My dad, a retired anesthesiologist gave me the best advice I've ever gotten. Never become complacent; NO surgery, no matter how routine...... isn't.

(and get our coffee)

YUS! Fuel for the day!

She’s a super-fan. And she had always wanted to go to Universal Studios to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

As she should!

and the only reason for that is so I could vacation in the offseason.

Loads of good reasons to homeschool (did for over 20 years) but that certainly is a great one.

In case you were wondering, her surgery was a total success, she fully recovered, and should be able to live a completely normal life—she was all-conference in high school field hockey, played golf, will be able to have children, and most importantly for this trip report, would have no restrictions for riding roller coasters.

Now THAT is successful!

How important? Well, for the first time ever, we flew on Frontier Airlines.

You. Did. Not.

This was not for peanut butter and jelly supplies,

That's it!! This TR has become too unpredictable. I'm leaving....

Okay, I'm back. I have to know where you ended up eating and what rides you did.

Unfortunately, I did the math and it doesn’t work for a family of 6. In order to stay at a deluxe hotel, I’d have to rent 2 rooms.

Well, poo poo.That super stinks.

So, it’s a nice room. The sofa pulls out into a bed, and we felt like there was plenty of room for all of us. Overall, I’d say it’s a very good place for a large family to stay. I’m just not wild about the theme.

Nor am I. Just not my style at all. But.... at the risk of a major spoiler, I did love the pool there.

Just outside the lobby, they had a bunch of classic cars lined up. I thought that was a nice touch.

This was before we read the sign saying to please not lean on the cars. Whoops.

Hmm, I have an almost identical photo of one of those cars, except it's me posing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter