Cheap trip. Help!

tina95

Mouseketeer
Told my son his friend could come to Disney for his Bday. Well somehow this has turned into the friend, different friend, and differnent friend family. Now, I am not upset, we are happy to do this for friends that would not get to go otherwise.

The Problem is we had to have the house power meter replaced on New Year Eve. By the time we paid to have the work done and the power company to turn the power back on after hours. There went 6k. So my take 7 people to WDW and I pay for everything money is tight to say the least!

Not going is not an option, all 5 people are excited beyond belief, airfare is paid and not refundable, park tickets are bought. I found a minivan on hotwire last night for $28 per day. The dates are 5-12 Feb.

So what I need is a cheap place that will sleep 7. :confused3 I have read that people find them for $400-$600 for the week? :confused3

We can bring air beds as long as we do not break the condos rules. There are 2 mom's, 4 teenage boys and one teenage girl. I think my friend could share a big bed or a room with her daughter, and 2 of the boys are bothers.

Now comes feeding these kids:rotfl:
I hope we can eat breakfast and all dinners in. That would leave one meal and maybe a snack a day in the parks. Any ideas for cheap pizza, or meals in?

Also I would like to take down some pins, beach towels, and little things that do not yell cheap. I do not want my friend to know that we are trying to make this a cheaper trip, she would feel bad. I am going to play it as we are staying offsite now so the kids will have more room.:rolleyes1

Thank you

Windsor Hills is right near Disney, has nice condos, good reviews here on the board, and is relatively inexpensive.

We rented through www.floridasunvacationhomes.com who offer a get the 7th night free. Mid season rentals (which is your time, i think) for a 3 BR run about $89/night. Cleaning fees, tax, and room rate for 7 nights should run about $650.

Good luck!

We stayed here:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/32411.html

I found the owner very willing to work with you. I stayed during high season and paid $700/wk including all costs and fees.

Looks like your dates are open. I would email, let them know your budget and ask what they can do.

The house is about 15 min from WDW main gate and very close to shopping (super Walmart about a mile from it) and restaurants. Pretty much right of the junction of 192 & 27. It sits at the back of a subdivision so its very quiet.

A couple suggestions that I hope may help you.

1. Try homeaway.com. Private owners...may be able to get you a great deal. Type in Kissimmee, FL and then "special deals" to see what owners are available for your timeframe.

2. Try travelzoo.com. I know the Fairfield Inn and Suites is advertising $79 a night and is very close.

3. Vacationupgrades.com. Bonnet Creek 2 bedroom...sleeps 8 may have availability for $120 a night including all the taxes. These have full kitchens, washer/dryer and 2 bathrooms. King in master, double sleep sofa and 2 queens in other room.

Best of luck to you and have an awesome trip!!

Forgot to mention: if anyone works for the govt...state, town, local or federal you can use: Govarm.com or Getravelop.com and rent condos for like $300 a week. Just check the reviews for the places first. We've used them several times.

Also the last minute vacation rentals on skyauction have great deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!