Charlies First trip home - Trip Report!

I seem to be having issues uploading photos from my IPad so will do that tomorrow from my laptop :)

caught up & can't wait to read more, I remember your status updates from the 13th, poor mum! and well done you with the flight & the kids, not easy when your tag team partner is down. will eagerly wait for more :-)

Oh an update YAY! I am surprised Dave doesn't get ill every time we fly so he can rest lol! Though he does any way. I wish we could afford PE fingers crossed for an upgrade is our only chance lol!

Looking forward to more. I really love the way you write, it's very involving!

Pam

caught up & can't wait to read more, I remember your status updates from the 13th, poor mum! and well done you with the flight & the kids, not easy when your tag team partner is down. will eagerly wait for more :-)

Bless her, fortunately once she'd had a drink and some duty free all was forgiven:goodvibes

Oh an update YAY! I am surprised Dave doesn't get ill every time we fly so he can rest lol! Though he does any way. I wish we could afford PE fingers crossed for an upgrade is our only chance lol!

We lucked out, we were considering buying a seat for Charlie as we were planning on flying economy. He is a big baby so i thought it would be uncomfortable for 9 hours with him on my lap. At the time of booking it worked out only a small amount more to book 3 PE seats than 3 economy seats so we went for it. Gave us enough space for him and Megan. Cant imagine being able to afford it again though, priced it up for our May trip and it was over £4000 :sad:

Looking forward to more. I really love the way you write, it's very involving!

Thank you for reading :goodvibes

Pam

Saturday 14th September

As predicted we were all up bright and early this morning. Got to love that first morning time difference. Long ago we had decided that we were not going to be doing a park today, mostly because I knew DD and DS would be exhausted from the long day yesterday but also because I wanted to spend sometime in the resort. I had always wanted to stay at AKV but ive always been put off by its location.

I sent a message to my parents to see if they were awake yet, and started to have a rummage through the cases to find all the bits and pieces we needed for today. Once I had most things together the four of us headed down for breakfast. My parents aren’t big breakfast eaters (The cruise being an exception to that!) so they didn’t join us. We walked over to Jambo house and ate in The Mara. Megan had a muffin, me and DH had a breakfast platter each and shared with the kids. DS may only be 11 months but he could certainly eat! Much more so than Megan who is quite petit and has a small appetite.

After breakfast we slowly walked back to our room. I have to say this is one aspect of the resort I didn’t like. A lack of QS in Kidani Village was annoying and whilst the kids are little it would certainly put me off staying for a long duration.

My parents were ready now so we grabbed our bits and pieces before heading down to the pool. I have to say AKV certainly did redeem itself here. The pool at Kidani was fabulous for the kids. There was a water play area with a soft floor that Charlie could crawl around and splash in, There was a couple of slides that kept Megan happy and for mummy there was a bar (but before 10am it was too early for even me!)

We spent a good few hour hours playing together in the pool before the kids both started to seem a little tired. It was also getting very hot (it reached 34C that day) and we were definitely not used to it. So we all headed back to Jambo house for lunch. This time we used the shuttle that runs between Kidani and Jambo house.
Lunch was back in the Mara again, we had a variety of sandwiches, flat breads and some chicken tenders between us all. All was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. We took the shuttle back to the room and let both DS and DD have a nap. DD doesn’t usually sleep in the day but she willingly did today so must have been tired.
Whilst they were sleeping my parents headed off to the car care centre to pick up our rental car. Myself and DH rejigged our suitcases so that we could take just one case onto the cruise. At about 4pm we all got in the car and headed out to find a supermarket and somewhere to eat. We only needed a few bits for tomorrow mornings breakfast and a bottle of wine for me to take on the cruise. The first place we found was a CVS so we went in there, as always I came out with more things than I needed. Jumped back in the car and went to look for somewhere to eat.
We ended up at Longhorn steakhouse, we had never eaten here before but I had read good things about it. Megan and Charlie had Chicken Tenders and Mash between them, my mum also had tenders, Me, DH and my Dad all went for various steaks. It was really delicious and one of the best steaks I think I have had. Under $70 including tax and tip so we treated my parents, my parents have a habit of sneakily buying us things or paying for things so its nice to be able to treat them now and again.
After dinner we headed back to AKV and it was getting on for 7pm, so we said good night to my parents who headed off to the pool bar for a few drinks. We gave the kids a bath and washed their hair, put them to bed and sat relaxing on the balcony for a while before heading to bed ourselves.

Apologies for the lack of photos for today -i left my camera in the room and so only had a few on my phone. Plenty more for the cruise though :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter