Character Observation

Apeters430

Mouseketeer
I am a mom of a 5 year old boy who visits multiples times a year and has supported and followed all COVID guidelines around the parks.
Today as media vlogs were beginning to post at 9am sharp I couldn’t help but notice character interactions on Galatic Starcrusier. Theme park bloggers face to face and side by side with characters. Guest of the media previews physically touching and hugging characters. No roped off photos. No cast members asking them to step back. Dinner shows with singing characters. Don’t get me wrong, I support it. I think it’s time for meet and greets to return to pre-pandemic style. As a huge Disney fan and mom though it’s so infuriating to see right now. I just want my child to experience the parks and characters the way he used to. Do not tell me this is about safety in the parks anymore. Not a single safety precaution related to COVID was enforced during this indoor experience. I just want us regular park guest to be able to have that experience back also. My son currently has to wave to Chewie who is up on a balcony and stand 10 feet away from Stormtroopers for a photo in Galaxy’s Edge. Dinning experiences like Hoop Dee Doo are still not available to us when similar experiences are happening for these guest paying for this immersive Star Wars experience. It’s really disheartening. It would be nice to see even one media guest with a larger following say “Hey this experiences was absolutely amazing but all Disney guest deserve this kind of character interaction again in the parks and dinning”

At this point I assume it’s more about unions/contracts than anything else when it comes to character sightings …

also it taking less time for one to simply wave and take a selfie in front of a rope than for a multi person party to all want to hug Mickey than get autographs than pose for a mini photo shoot probably works out best in the long run as the more guests through a given line per hour the more genie+ spots a meet will yield

I am a mom of a 5 year old boy who visits multiples times a year and has supported and followed all COVID guidelines around the parks.
Today as media vlogs were beginning to post at 9am sharp I couldn’t help but notice character interactions on Galatic Starcrusier. Theme park bloggers face to face and side by side with characters. Guest of the media previews physically touching and hugging characters. No roped off photos. No cast members asking them to step back. Dinner shows with singing characters. Don’t get me wrong, I support it. I think it’s time for meet and greets to return to pre-pandemic style. As a huge Disney fan and mom though it’s so infuriating to see right now. I just want my child to experience the parks and characters the way he used to. Do not tell me this is about safety in the parks anymore. Not a single safety precaution related to COVID was enforced during this indoor experience. I just want us regular park guest to be able to have that experience back also. My son currently has to wave to Chewie who is up on a balcony and stand 10 feet away from Stormtroopers for a photo in Galaxy’s Edge. Dinning experiences like Hoop Dee Doo are still not available to us when similar experiences are happening for these guest paying for this immersive Star Wars experience. It’s really disheartening. It would be nice to see even one media guest with a larger following say “Hey this experiences was absolutely amazing but all Disney guest deserve this kind of character interaction again in the parks and dinning”

I was watching those vlogs and thought the same thing. It's interesting what they'll throw in for oh, just $6,000 :sad2:

Frankly I am very surpised more people aren't outraged at this. People simply are Disney apologists and will give Disney a pass on everything.

I was watching those vlogs and thought the same thing. It's interesting what they'll throw in for oh, just $6,000 :sad2:

It seems like some blogs picked it up too. Super hypocritical if they don't bring back Hoop Dee Doo or pre-covid meet and greets soon. They can not say it's for safety now.

At this point I assume it’s more about unions/contracts than anything else when it comes to character sightings …

also it taking less time for one to simply wave and take a selfie in front of a rope than for a multi person party to all want to hug Mickey than get autographs than pose for a mini photo shoot probably works out best in the long run as the more guests through a given line per hour the more genie+ spots a meet will yield

They should allow it in one area and not others. At the end of the day we are ALL paying customers.

Frankly I am very surpised more people aren't outraged at this. People simply are Disney apologists and will give Disney a pass on everything.
Me too. Some blogs are writing about it but they really is not enough guest speaking up about it. Maybe if it was more known. We will see what happens when paying guest start experiencing it.

I agree, it feels hypocritical. Personally, I prefer the idea of less... touchy meet & greets. I don't think it's necessary for everyone (kids and adults) to go running up and touch all of the characters just to get a picture. And the photo lines do move SO much faster with a little distancing.

Perhaps they're using the star cruiser as a preview to see how more close meet & greets will go before bringing it back to the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter