Character name rejected........

Diva of Dragons

<font color=brown>Tiger here!!<br><font color=lime
Hi!

I'm brand new to VMK and I got an e-mail saying they can't approve my character name (MerDolphy). I e-mailed them for an explanation but haven't heard anything in 3 days. Unless it is already in use, I can't imagine that it would be inappropriate. Any suggestions before I come up with a new one?

Thanks!

Welcome to VMK. :teeth:

I doubt you will get an explanation as to why the name was rejected. Your best bet would be to choose another, (or a few more just in case ;) ) and see if that one is approved.

Players have even had their originally accepted names suddenly taken away and really never understand why.

It took my poor character about 6 times before getting a name accepted and really none were something outrageous so unless already taken (which could have been but doubtful) they were ok- I actually have since had one of my previously refused choices accepted for a mule- so go figure.

I think different people read the names for approval and some let more through than others- and some have better senses of humor than others.

Welcome to VMK btw... and good luck!

hmm.. Maybe DivaofDragons your Dis member name.... Welcome to VMK!

idk on a mule i had to try 10 times till the title was accepted but it came out pleaseapprove Rofl Rofl omg Rofl then my account jasonpwns was approved (first title i gave them) but it took a month

that is how I ended up with secret pals that were named guessagain, whatagain, and redoagin and wellIam . In my frustrustion I gave up trying to find a name and those were except ::

I was one of those lucky people,
my name was accepted one day after I started playing, I was only a guest for a day so don't worry you will get it aventually

Diva of Dragons said:
Hi!

I'm brand new to VMK and I got an e-mail saying they can't approve my character name (MerDolphy). I e-mailed them for an explanation but haven't heard anything in 3 days. Unless it is already in use, I can't imagine that it would be inappropriate. Any suggestions before I come up with a new one?

Thanks!

Hi,

It's hard to guess what names VMK will accept or deny. I've had some nice ones get rejected and some not nice ones accepted. BuffaloChip, MeadowMuffin, and CouchQueen are okay but Aaargh and CassElliot aren't.

I suspect the problem with your selected name is the "Mer" part. That term was used to mean marry or married. Players were always asking if someone was "mer" in the game so "mer" was removed from the dictionary.

Good luck with getting a name approved! It's usually not very difficult.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Thanks everyone!!!

qruthie: Some of your names they approved!!! :rotfl2: Good to know, about the "mer"! I won't waste my time trying other versions of it!

I have a couple more up my sleeve. If I don't have any luck, I'll go with stitchfanjr's idea and see if it works!!

I must've tried 10 different versions of "E Pullimi Fingum" just so the VMK Dads could say it, but those darn VMK name judge people just wouldn't approve it.

Guess they're on to that whole manner of exhaust control, and won't have any part of it.

Back in the day before you could get rich sinking pirates and vacuuming ghosts, I would create an account to enter codes on and always use something I just knew they wouldn't approve because the "mule" was just for a day, and I didn't want to use up any "good" titles for other people who might want them.

The result? I think there might be a Boogie.Flinger out there somewhere, or a SocksRipeforLaundry seeing as how the language-and-title-police are so fickle and unpredictable about the (mostly humorous) smells, sights, and sounds of real life.

Don't ask. I forgot the passwords to those donkeys as soon as I slept once.

;)

surfcruiser said:
I must've tried 10 different versions of "E Pullimi Fingum" just so the VMK Dads could say it, but those darn VMK name judge people just wouldn't approve it.

Guess they're on to that whole manner of exhaust control, and won't have any part of it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How about pullmyphalanges or tugmyphalanges?

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Yay! Im happpy for you I Like the name its unique like mine
Supoerem
not
Taken
becuase
I
Did
not
Mean
To
Put
The
"o"
In
The
Word
Superem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter