Character meals to skip....

Chef Mickeys. Just thinking about the cold over cooked food makes my stomache hurt

We ate at Chef Mickey's after hearing nothing but rave reviews (so, it may have been built up too much.) The food was just OK & the characters were very hard to see. Mickey was at our table for maybe 20 seconds - we only got one picture & I had wanted one with Mickey & my husband. He just took off!

We LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern - it is probably our favorite, followed by Crystal Palace - because the breakfast is great & Tigger is my favorite!

:) Em

Chef Mickey's for dinner, breakfast was good.

Cape May Cafe for the breakfast. It just didn't "do it" for us. The selections were rather run-of-the-mill. The only plus was that we were staying at the Beach Club, so it was quite easy to reach. :)

Really did not care for Chief Mickey's Dinner. Could have been an off night, but everything from the empty dessert trays at a 5:30 pm PS, to a really bad server made for a rather unenjoyable experience. Many do enjoy this character meal. We must have just tried it on a off night.:(

The Garden Grill in Epcot....The overall atmosphere left something to be desired for us. The food wasn't that great, and the characters were rather scarce. I've heard many rave reviews of this restaurant since our experience, though, so maybe we just caught them on an off night. :(

Chef Mickey's is my absolute favorite spot. We're already booked for two visits during our next trip, and we're contemplating adding a third time. Crystal Palace is my DH's favorite and comes in second for me. :D

The food was fine at Garden Grill and the service we had was wonderful, but if you are looking for character interaction this is not the place to go. We had a 7:30 PS and they must have been trying to get out of there, because they flew by so fast we barely had time to snap a picture before they were off. :(

Our most outstanding character meals have been Garden Grill for late lunch. My kids had a character non-stop for a good 30-45 minutes. We have yet to have a bad character meal and have found staff to be attentive if there's anything wrong. At the Crystal Palace when Tigger visited our table while 2 of the kids were in the restroom, all it took was a quick comment to the manager who insured Tigger made it back to our table. If you're not happy, let someone in charge know so they have a chance to correct it. With all the mixed reviews I am concerned that Chef Mickey's for dinner might be a disappointment.

I must of been at the Garden Grill when the character spend 30 minutes at your table. Cause the only way we got to see the characters were by complaining a few times. I wasn't too impressed with the food, although I liked the way they served it.

I have had great meals at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Faire, Crystal Palace, and the one at MGM.

Gina

We thought Crystal Palace was awful! The characters took a long time and were not spaced out properly. We were done with our meal by the time even one character got to us. The food was almost unrecognizable and cold. Even the desserts were bad. All of this after waiting for an hour WITH PS confirmation. Truly our only horrible experience to date at WDW!

On the contrary we love Chef Mickey's for dinner and breakfast!

CP was also not a great experience for us. The food was mediocre and the characters took quite sometime to get to our table.

H&V breakfast was another disappointment. I think this was just unlucky seating as the characters probably just hit our table before we sat. We waited 40 minutes for the first character to appear, one after another, in quite a hurry, dd was disappointed. The food was pretty good though. On the other hand, this same place for lunch was a great experience with great character interaction (it wasn't nearly as busy).

GG has always been a great experience for us. Food always excellent and character interaction has always been great. (so far we've been here 3-4 times). They spend the most time at our table out of any of the character meals we've been to and seem to make it around twice each time.

We are trying Chef Mickey's for the first time this trip. I hope we're not disappointed. Not too enthusiastic after reading so many negative posts but we'll just have to give it our rating:)

1900 Park Fare's breakfast wasn't a great experience character wise last visit. They were few and far between. But, the plus on this one is the food is excellent. IMHO the best breakfast buffet in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter