Character breakfasts

DisneyDorkORama

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about the different character breakfasts or is there a link to the different character breakfasts?

Thanks!
:yay:

We did Chef Mickey's in 07 and Crystal Palace during our trip last week. The food at Crystal Palace was wonderful, and the Pooh characters were great. It was also nice being in the Magic Kingdom so after breakfast we didn't have to do any traveling. Chef Mickey's was pretty good too, but I think having done them both I'd now be more inclined to go back to Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's. We also had a breakfast scheduled this trip at Tusker House in AK. We gave up after waiting for over 45 minutes to have our names called. I don't know how common that is, but it was a big disappointment.

2 of the Best:

Ohanas Best Friends Breakfast (at POLY) has: Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto.
I love everything about this breakfast and the characters seem to take more time. Love the Poly atmosphere and closeness to MK.

Donalds Safari Breakfast--Tusker House at AK (no wait time for us and excellent food) has:Donald, Daisy, Goofy. I also loved the atmosphere (very exotic feel) food very good--lots of choices.

Crystal Palace (MK), Tusker House (AK), & Ohana's (poly) are all GREAT, and the food @ all three has always been very good, as well as character interaction!!!!

On our last couple of trips we've gone to Chef Mickey, Tusker House and Crystal Palace. You can't go wrong with any of those. This coming trip we're going to Ohana ... can't wait. I was there years ago when it was Minnie's Mennihuni (sp?).

Crystal Palace is a very nice one (Winnie the Pooh and friends). We also love the Princess Storybook Dining at Norway (Princesses, includes a portrait, usually with Belle in her yellow gown). My kids love the Playhouse DIsney breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. They have CMs who lead the kids in dances and activities in addition to the characters. If you get an early ADR at any of these, you get early park entry. The rides won't be working and certain sections will be roped off, but it's a great opportunity to get pictures without a crowd of people around.

Often forgotten, we also like the breakfast buffet at Cape May Cafe (classic characters in beach attire).

I'm glad to hear the good reviews of the 'Ohana breakfast. We're trying that this time for the first time and for a change. We haven't particularly enjoyed the dinners at 'Ohana, so I hope we like the breakfast!

We loved the character breakfast at Tusker House (Donald's Safari Breakfast). The character interaction was great, the atmosphere is really fun and the food is great too.

IMHO best character breakfast is the Donald safari breakfast!! I am SO not a breakfast food person - I despise eggs in any form and don't like french toast becuase you can taste the eggs they dip the bread in, and I get turned off to breakfast foods if egg smell is too pugnent! there was so much yumminess at that buffet that I ate my weight in food (ok, not really, but you know what I mean!!!)

We had breakfast at Crystal Palace (MK) with Pooh. We made our breakfast reservation before the park opened and got some great photos. The Photo Pass Photographers were there ready to take pictures of us in front of the castle with no people in the back ground.

The food at Crystal Palace is great but the characters were slow. We had an 815am ressie and left without seeing Eeyore because DS wanted to get on some rides once he saw everyone entering the park. We left CP about 910 and had only seen 3 of the 4 characters. We like 1900 PF at the GF, Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, and Alice. The Mad Hatter is a hoot and the food is great.

We are not "breakfast people" so we like the character lunches. We've been to Hollywood and Vine, Crystal Palace and Akershus. We felt the food was just OK for all of them, but the character experience was great! We are trying Park Fare next trip.

Love both Tusker and Crystal Palace - both let you get into the parks early and both have good characters and decent food.:thumbsup2

Not counting CRT, Akershus Princess Storybook for Breakfast & 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast.

Do you have to stay on resort to eat atthe resort character meals (either breakfast or dinner), or can you ADR if you're staying off site?

xxx

You can eat at any restaurant as long as you have an advanced reservation. There's no requirement that you stay on property--just secure a reservation well in advance.

The character breakfasts, lunches, or dinners are great! We love them! You do not have to get in line at the parks waiting for autographs since you get them during the meal. The only draw back is that the characters tend to be slow and therefore the meal usually takes about an hour. But other than that we love them.

We are not "breakfast people" so we like the character lunches.
We're the opposite - we like the food options on the breakfast buffet so much that we did a "late breakfast" at 11:30 (Chef Mickey) and counted it as lunch! The characters were there of course, but the place was already half empty so we had good interaction time. The buffet was a bit "tired", but we found what to eat. We are not "morning people" however, so I planned another early morning pre-rope drop breakfast (Tusker at AK) for our first full day at the parks when I knew our excitement and enthusiasm would help us get up and out in time. It worked! It was the only really early park entry we managed...:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter