Chapek out - Iger back

Just got off the Disney Wonder in San Diego. When word hit during the cruise that Chapek was out, cheers were heard across the ship. No joke.

First cruise since COVID, but 7th on Disney. Not sure if it's all Chapek's fault, but definitely a drop in quality from what we're used to. Not to mention an electrical fire at sea that burnt up one of the speaker towers on the Funnel Vision.

I'll be the horrible person who will dare to say - if your tiny child "can't" wait in line at all, then perhaps wait until they are older and able to do so before bringing them to Disney? Everyone hates long lines. It is part of life. If they have a disability that makes it especially difficult, that is one thing. But just being a toddler, they can learn to deal with a little line-up - or it won't kill them to wait a year or two to be taken to Disney. I know I will get crapped on for this post, but so be it.

I was the one originally posting on this and I won't crap on you for it - you're not wrong when you say kids need to learn to wait. They absolutely need to learn to be patient, and learn to wait their turn just like everyone else. But I think most of us who are parents can agree that it's a difficult concept for kids younger than two-ish. There's just a limit to what they can handle at that point.

I guess my point though is, fastpass+ made it where I COULD easily bring the little ones without a whole lot of fuss (instead of just having to skip it all together). I liked that system for that reason, because it solved a problem for my family and allowed us to enjoy Disney as a family, including littles. It would just be nice if they could make Genie+, which I am happy to pay for, work for a variety of circumstances, situations, and families. Make it more flexible, so that guests can build a vacation that makes sense for them. And I don't just mean kids in this either, I mean everyone, because don't we all have different needs and wants when it comes to our vacations?

Last edited:
I was the one originally posting on this and I won't crap on you for it - you're not wrong when you say kids need to learn to wait. They absolutely need to learn to be patient, and learn to wait their turn just like everyone else. But I think most of us who are parents can agree that it's a difficult concept for kids younger than two-ish. There's just a limit to what they can handle at that point.

I guess my point though is, fastpass+ made it where I COULD easily bring the little ones without a whole lot of fuss (instead of just having to skip it all together). I liked that system for that reason, because it solved a problem for my family and allowed us to enjoy Disney as a family, including littles. It would just be nice if they could make Genie+, which I am happy to pay for, work for a variety of circumstances, situations, and families. Make it more flexible, so that guests can build a vacation that makes sense for them. And I don't just mean kids in this either, I mean everyone, because don't we all have different needs and wants when it comes to our vacations?
Yes, you are very much correct. I think some of us had an issue with the phrasing of "can't" instead of "don't want to". I definitely will pay to skip lines when I can as I hate to wait as do most people. In the end I agree that Disney has made a system that used to work for most to one that only works for a few. You would think with the make-up of their guests (little babies to old adults) and their history of top notch customer service they would be able to make a system that is flexible enough to help everyone. But unfortunately Disney management has not been at the top of customer service for some time now. :sad2:

Yes, you are very much correct. I think some of us had an issue with the phrasing of "can't" instead of "don't want to". I definitely will pay to skip lines when I can as I hate to wait as do most people. In the end I agree that Disney has made a system that used to work for most to one that only works for a few. You would think with the make-up of their guests (little babies to old adults) and their history of top notch customer service they would be able to make a system that is flexible enough to help everyone. But unfortunately Disney management has not been at the top of customer service for some time now. :sad2:

I see your point on the verbiage. I think I used "can't" because my son, at 22 months at that point, didn't have the cognizance or maturity required to stand in lines (or do much of anything asked of him, lol). And we also had no way of knowing when we booked, that at the time of the trip, he'd be going through a massive phase that involved refusing to be held, contained, or put in a stroller. If I'd have had a crystal ball, we would NOT have gone on that trip 😂.

I really don't care about planning Lightning Lanes in advance like we did with Fastpass+, I'd really just like an option to lump our attractions together around a certain time.

My question with all this is how do you any of manage at other parks?
Disneyland was built to NOT BE like any other park. Walt took his daughters to a local park, and thought there had to be a better way. And he did indeed build a better way. The idea of families spending time together, line management, places to sit, shade and food, all played a major role in making this a different kind of park. And people flooded in. But as many previous posters have pointed out, we cannot have nice things. So two lines into an attraction were made different, where people stream by the other based on financial means. Benches removed, trees cut down, paths widened. To where we now have just another amusement park, but with plastic leaves that never fall off and with the teeming masses. You are quite right, @Jrb1979 to ask how everyone manages at other parks. Because anything special about Disney parks has eroded into just another park competing on speeds and feeds. I won't go back, not that I went very frequently, Disney will not miss my money. Instead the DVD of Old Yeller, Third Man on the Mountain, Song of the South, Pollyanna, Scarecrow, will have to feed the moralistic values that I wish to bring forward. Sitting with my family, at home, and encouraging all my relatives, everyone in my circle of influence to do the same. Cause Disney is just another overcrowded amusement park today.

Return:
Dining plan with tip included (remember when)
Tables in wonderland
Magical express
DVC benefits for all owners
H2O products
Fast pass+
Extra magic hours

Regular room cleaning service
Disney Quest

Eliminate:
Genie
Lightning lane
Involvement in politics

Restrictions on new DVC resorts

This would be heading in the right direction!
Yes, especially the ones in bold. But I do not see it happening....ever.

I'm under the impression with Magical Express (disclaimer, loved it and would love to have it back!), it was a combination of things and it's unlikely to return. Ride shares were causing a trickle of use loss. Also, a contract is a 2 way street, and it's not believed this was all on Disney.

I'm under the impression with Magical Express (disclaimer, loved it and would love to have it back!), it was a combination of things and it's unlikely to return. Ride shares were causing a trickle of use loss. Also, a contract is a 2 way street, and it's not believed this was all on Disney.
I have 2 issues on the Magical Express. While it was stated to be free, the truth was all the cash resorts charged higher room rates to build in the ME expense. So when they canceled did they lower the room rates, nope--in fact they have continued to increase the room rates, pocketing all the charges for the ME and adding to profits-genius to the accountant who suggested this. Second was the contract with Mears. When Disney saw that ridership was decreasing they wanted Mears to adjust their charges, but Mears wanted no part of it. Now I know Disney can be real harda-- when negotiating, but it does not appear that Mears wanted any part of a compromise. My guess is Mears must of determined they were in a better position to offer the service on their own and could make more money. The net result is a service that many loved ended.

Last edited:
Deadline reporting that CFO Christine McCarthy may be the next CEO. How dumb of them.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/disney...rthy-ceo-successor-bob-chapek-1235190043/amp/
Once the Disney community gets to experience the Christine McCarthy bean counting ways, they are going to warm up to Bob Chapek bean counting ways. Hey, at least Bob Chapek could pronounce attractions and shows inside the Disney parks. Ms. McCarthy struggles in this area.

Warmest Regards,

The Unofficial Bob Chapek Apologist.

Once the Disney community gets to experience the Christine McCarthy bean counting ways, they are going to warm up to Bob Chapek bean counting ways. Hey, at least Bob Chapek could pronounce attractions and shows inside the Disney parks. Ms. McCarthy struggles in this area.

Warmest Regards,

The Unofficial Bob Chapek Apologist.
As much as I dislike Chapek I have to agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter