Changing names on a reservation

oufpat

Mouseketeer
Can I change the names on a DVC reservation on the DVC site, or do I need to call Member Services?

We email to make non time sensitive requests like name changes and room requests. They work the change and email back when it's done. You email from the member website contact button.

:earsboy: Bill

We email to make non time sensitive requests like name changes and room requests. They work the change and email back when it's done. You email from the member website contact button.

:earsboy: Bill

I also strongly prefer email (over phone or chat). You have a written record of the request and if you include all the relevant info, there is less opportunity for a miscommunication. Based on my experience, emails are worked when the phones aren't particularly busy by the more experienced CMs - and if needed, those CMS should have ready access to a Supervisor.

And good luck! I made a change of names on a reservation and the CM seemed to be having a real hard time with it. I wonder if she was new, come to think of it-she was very nice but seemed to have a hard time with several small issues.

My question is can I change a reservation so that I leave myself on the first few days, and change the remaining days to be for another name?

My question is can I change a reservation so that I leave myself on the first few days, and change the remaining days to be for another name?
You can't set it up with different names on different days and you can no longer add or change guests at the resort without them canceling and rebooking. What you can do is have them make a free text note into the reservation on site. If you have occupancy slots, you can list everyone from the start.

Reviving an old thread with new questions given the DVC website changes.

With the new changes to online modifying etc., can the primary name be changed under the same confirmation number?

In effect:
1) can I reserve a specific stay under my name and then later remove my name to add other guests?
2) Relatedly, if there is a stay for 4 guests, and they need to cancel the stay but have friends who would go in their stead, can we actually change all 4 names?

I ask because I'd understood in the past that the primary renter could not change without a new reservation number (analogous to cruise rules).

Thanks in advance.

I just changed the lead on a reservation. It must be done by calling Member Services, cannot be done by modifying on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter