Changes

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
According to the Guest services there will be huge changes to the GAC program in the near future. I can't wait!

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I would warn people to not get upset about what might happen. Let's wait and see what happens.

(Another reason I ask people not to post specific things about GACs. Most of the information in post 6 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread is quite general and rooted in the ADA, so will not change when WDW changes the specific things).

I wonder when the changes will take place. We have an upcoming trip and would like a heads up if it changes before then.

According to the Guest services there will be huge changes to the GAC program in the near future. I can't wait!

Is there something that you are hoping happens with the changes? :confused: I'm confused - is there a reason to be so excited?

Maybe less grey area in who does and doesn't get them or a better way of educating CMs on how to handle things? Personally I think they should do away with the paper cards and print out something like the room keys that would have a guest's picture and needs attached to it. Expensive but not un-doable.

Any idea if the changes will affect both WDW and DLR, or if they'll phase in the changes as an experiment at one park before implementing them at both?

It may be more like Universal where those with an assistance pass will be given a time to come back.

It may be more like Universal where those with an assistance pass will be given a time to come back.

That would be nice. :) I hadn't really heard about the possible changes until this thread. Hopefully, the system will work well for everyone, and help to prevent abuses.

The major issue disney has is that GAC is only for rides, so hopefully it will be used to better supply accomidations throughout WDW

The major issue disney has is that GAC is only for rides, so hopefully it will be used to better supply accomodations throughout WDW
Not correct.

It is for attractions which include both rides and shows.

It clearly does not affect outside of park transportation and also does not affect anything in the water parks.

Cheshire Figment said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bookwormde

The major issue disney has is that GAC is only for rides, so hopefully it will be used to better supply accomodations throughout WDW

Not correct.

It is for attractions which include both rides and shows.

It clearly does not affect outside of park transportation and also does not affect anything in the water parks.
Cheshire,
I'm confused. Are you saying that the GAC is only good for rides and attractions OR the upcoming changes to the GAC are only going to impact attractions that have both a show and ride? so if the latter applies say for example Toy Story Midway Mania would NOT be affected because it is only a ride as well as say Voyage of the Little Mermaid because it is only a show. But say something like Tower of Terror would be because it has a preshow followed by a ride?? or have I just read way too deep into your comment? LoL

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Cheshire,
I'm confused. Are you saying that the GAC is only good for rides and attractions OR the upcoming changes to the GAC are only going to impact attractions that have both a show and ride? so if the latter applies say for example Toy Story Midway Mania would NOT be affected because it is only a ride as well as say Voyage of the Little Mermaid because it is only a show. But say something like Tower of Terror would be because it has a preshow followed by a ride?? or have I just read way too deep into your comment? LoL

Not Chesire-but currently the GAC is used only for rides and shows(at the 4 main parks). So a GAC can be used for TOT (a ride) or VOTLM(a show).

A pp mentioned a set return time-I will say I don't see how a set return time is going to meet a lot of needs.

In all honesty, we hear all the time that "changes are coming" and it rarely happens. And certainly not to the level people react to.

IF changes happen, I will address any issues we have then. Until then, I am not going to worry about it.

livndisney said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Cheshire,

Not Chesire-but currently the GAC is used only for rides and shows(at the 4 main parks). So a GAC can be used for TOT (a ride) or VOTLM(a show).

A pp mentioned a set return time-I will say I don't see how a set return time is going to meet a lot of needs.

In all honesty, we hear all the time that "changes are coming" and it rarely happens. And certainly not to the level people react to.

IF changes happen, I will address any issues we have then. Until then, I am not going to worry about it.

Thank you but I do totally understand how a GAC works...
I was trying to understand what Cheshire was trying to say. there might be something they are changing about certain attractions...but maybe i was misunderstanding his post that's why i asked him. :)

My guess is that the changes will make sure the needs of specific guest are met, and to prevent abuse as well. We have seen a lot of abuse, and since our DS "appears" typical to some we have had stares as well. When you see three teens hop in and out of a wheelchair while your wobbly boy is standing behind them it needs to be changed. Hoping it is a GOOD thing!

The stares aren't going to change. No matter what happens, people are always going to assume you're cheating if they can't see what might be wrong. Unfortunate but true.

That's why I always assume everyone I see using a GAC/wheelchair/assistive device/etc. needs to use it. Because I want others to show that same courtesy to me.

I am hoping it will be like a fast pass for those that need to use an alternate waiting area. My dd has Asperger's and extreme anxiety and we have had a GAC for the last couple of trips, it is a blessing but we tend to tour so that we may only have to use it a handful of times if that. But we have no problem waiting she just can't do it for very long with a bunch of people or we have a melt down and explaining to people why your teenager is acting that way is hard to explain. We go back in a week (and have not been in the summer for a long time) and I am so worried that with the changes they may not want to grant us another one. I think if they did the fast pass for the gac maybe less people would abuse it since it will not get you right in. Either way I hope the change helps keep abuse down but allows those who need it to be able to use it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter