Changes to genie plus

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...ce-purchase-of-genie-at-walt-disney-world.htm

This is annoying. It sounds like genie plus could sell out. It was nice being able to purchase ahead of time for all days. Now we may have to be up at midnight to purchase genie plus. Then up again at 7am to make our first reservation.

I guess if you book a package including genie plus before June 8th you will be fine?
While it may be annoying its something they had to do. Too many people were buying Genie+. It's the biggest reason it doesn't work.

This won't affect us at all. We aren't buying it in advance as we're not using park hoppers and it's not necessary at all parks. Limiting Genie+ sales like they do with Express Passes at Universal will only have a more positive impact during the super busy times when Lightning Lanes sold out super fast.

I wasn't planning to add it to all days any way so this is really not an impact for our next trip. I'm sure there will be annoyed people though, and no idea all those people that purchased it in advance, do they get that money back? or ??? oh well, not my issue to solve.

I can only see this helping with actually getting to really use Genie+ though

While it may be annoying its something they had to do. Too many people were buying Genie+. It's the biggest reason it doesn't work.

I agree. But it’s the limiting availability plus putting it on sale at midnight that sucks. So if you go at a busy time and want to make sure you get it you may have to be up at midnight. Then up at 7am to book your rides.

It’s like they don’t think these things out very well.

We haven't purchased it yet. If traveling with a party of 7 who wants to ride everything together, I am not too sure Genie+ will allow that to happen. I am thinking of maybe forgoing it and just trying for the LL$ bookings instead. If staying onsite, do we get 1 or 2 LL$ at 7am? I can't remember.

We haven't purchased it yet. If traveling with a party of 7 who wants to ride everything together, I am not too sure Genie+ will allow that to happen. I am thinking of maybe forgoing it and just trying for the LL$ bookings instead. If staying onsite, do we get 1 or 2 LL$ at 7am? I can't remember.
You can book LL$ at 7 am, I believe it's just 2 but never tried for even that many to be honest. There are only two per park though.
I agree. But it’s the limiting availability plus putting it on sale at midnight that sucks. So if you go at a busy time and want to make sure you get it you may have to be up at midnight. Then up at 7am to book your rides.

Where are we seeing that it's on sale at midnight? I have only seen reports of "day of" but it doesn't specify at midnight or 7 am or... I thought when you added it to that day it was at 7 AM currently?

You can book LL$ at 7 am, I believe it's just 2 but never tried for even that many to be honest. There are only two per park though.

Where are we seeing that it's on sale at midnight? I have only seen reports of "day of" but it doesn't specify at midnight or 7 am or... I thought when you added it to that day it was at 7 AM currently?

You can purchase it the day of currently starting at midnight. I have not had a chance to read any official information from Disney yet. But the article I posted made reference to midnight.

This won't affect us at all. We aren't buying it in advance as we're not using park hoppers and it's not necessary at all parks. Limiting Genie+ sales like they do with Express Passes at Universal will only have a more positive impact during the super busy times when Lightning Lanes sold out super fast.
Positive impact to those able to actually purchase it. Pretty negative for everyone else.

Positive impact to those able to actually purchase it. Pretty negative for everyone else.
How is it a negative to everyone else? Paid fast pass is a negative to everyone in general. You’re going to have less people buying it ahead of time as a perceived value up-sell and only people intentionally buying it because they want to use it. I can’t see being able to buy it being an issue any time other than the busiest weeks/weekends of the year. I would rather not be able to buy it and plan for it that way during a busy time rather than spending $15pp for my family of 4 to get 2 maybe 3 LLs. Those used to be included in the cost.

Don’t they usually use 7am as their “day of” time? Even back when they did dining and fast pass you book it at 7am est the day you’re available to.

Unless I missed where it said specifically that it’ll be on sale at midnight it seems like Disney fans are overthinking it. I’d be willing to bet it all runs through 7am the day you want to buy it and 7am for getting the passes.

Well it's day of now, and you can buy it at midnight. I think they will switch it to once you get in the park or at 7:00am wherever you are, but until they say otherwise one has to assume its midnight.

And I thought it was harder to plan using G+ on our last trip...now you may not even be able to plan on getting G+!

Well it's day of now, and you can buy it at midnight. I think they will switch it to once you get in the park or at 7:00am wherever you are, but until they say otherwise one has to assume its midnight.

And I thought it was harder to plan using G+ on our last trip...now you may not even be able to plan on getting G+!
I know it sucks possibly not getting G+ at all. The biggest issue is that people are so used to the fact you needed to FP to enjoy the parks. No that Disney, like all other parks knew, skip the line systems don't work if everyone has it. With the amount of people buying G+ look at crappy availability has been.

You could buy Max Pass in advance. I always bought tickets that included Max Pass. But you couldn’t start reserving FPS until you were thru the gate. It was a great system. Way better than Genie+

I agree! I wish they had just copied the entire MaxPass system over to Genie+. It was so easy to use and worked well!

Have they mentioned using demand based pricing models on G+ with this new plan? Based on what has been happening, feels like that has to be part of this plan eventually.

You could buy Max Pass in advance. I always bought tickets that included Max Pass. But you couldn’t start reserving FPS until you were thru the gate. It was a great system. Way better than Genie+
oh right! It's been awhile..haha. I 100% agree.

Have they mentioned using demand based pricing models on G+ with this new plan? Based on what has been happening, feels like that has to be part of this plan eventually.

Disney hasn't said anything officially, but you have to assume that by taking the advanced purchase revenue off the table that they are planning on making it back with surge pricing similar to Individual Lightning Lanes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!