Changes in Disneyland management

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
www.mouseplanet.com is reporting that Paul Yeargin, head of DL's attractions has been terminated. As in walked out of the building (with a severance package of course).

They view this as a potentially positive move, noting that Yeargin was of the "theme park mall" mentality, like Pressler.

They note that maintenance has been improving and wonder whether this is another sign of at least an improvement. (I'm trying to keep an open mind here...)

They also speculate that Cynthia Harris could be on the block as well.

Anyone know anything else they can share?

That Cynthia Harris specultion has me wondering who was hoodwinked? This Yeargin fellow seemed totally un-Disney like yet he was Cynthia's guy. Was it just an error of judgement on her part or is she the chaemeleon?
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Sorry for two in a row, but, in the newbie thread I reported that the Portugese girl I befriended at GTMRR had mentioned to me that DL Paris was much cleaner than WDW. Now in this MP piece (Al) comments on how maintenance issues are noticably improving already...This could be a sign that Jay does have some very distinct opinions on THE SHOW and is already acting on them. This would be a good thing (and I think Landbaron will even agree!!!).
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Captain- Mouseplanet has been hinting about Ms. Harris for a little while now. They (mainly Al), don't seem to be sure about anything, but clearly think her leaving is a possibility. (But I guess given the current state of things, anybody leaving is a possibility...)

There's some more speculation about it in their article on Pressler's going away party a few days ago. (I'm sure its still in their archives).

This certainly COULD be a sign that Rasulo has at least some ideas that we will like, but we won't know for sure until we see some results. For all we know, it could be that Yeargin once called Rasulo a moron or something...

Ha!
Question for you guys, should the head of DL attractions be familiar with which attractions are in Disneyland?
Good point. One would think so, but according to some on this board, Disney is too large a conglomerate for such old-fashioned concepts...;)

DLP CLEANER THAN WDW !!!!!! I think not, I'll have a kilo of whatever she's been on cos it's obviously good stuff !!!!

I've visited DLP twice and both times I was shocked at the level of litter and refuse around the park. The CM's just couldn't keep up ( not that they were trying too hard) with the endless stream of cigarette butts and food wrappers that were being left around the park.

Good point. One would think so, but according to some on this board, Disney is too large a conglomerate for such old-fashioned concepts...
WOW!! Bravo!! Very well written!! And I agree it was not only cute, but right to the point!!! :bounce:
This could be a sign that Jay does have some very distinct opinions on THE SHOW and is already acting on them. This would be a good thing (and I think Landbaron will even agree!!!).
Wholeheartedly!! :bounce:
the Portugese girl I befriended
Captain!! Does the wife know!!! Or even worse, does the Pirate!! ;)

Mr. Yeargin has been on the “outs” for a while now. In fact, he had already been demoted out of the Attractions job. He does seem to have been genuinely disliked by the cast at Disneyland and his “spending more time with his family” is more a personal matter than some sort of Sign All Is Right With The New Guy.

ALL of Disneyland’s management has been in turmoil for a while now. California Adventure is a tremendous failure and the battles between Burbank, Anaheim and Orlando are much more interesting than the tortilla making machine. Both the heads of marketing and revenues (the ticket guy) were walked out a bit ago. And the future for Ms. Harris is certainly looking like she’ll be able to explore many more career options soon. This one’s mostly corporate politics.

According to the rumors, Michael Eisner really hates sitting in a board meeting pleading for his very life and then have to listen to member start a comment with “I was in Daddy’s park the other day and I saw…”. First off, Eisner really hates this board member. Second, he really hates being reminded of the dead guy. Third, he especially hates having to refer back to his notes to figure out what this “Dizzy Lands” place is all about. It’s not like it’s his fault these out-of-control lower management types went and spent a billion dollars in a parking lot. Why should the board get on him for something he didn’t have anything to do with!!!!!! I guess if you have a couple billion in the bank you can pretty much construct your own mental reality.

Anyway, in typical Eisner style the head of Attractions was dumped as a big showpiece for the board. And now that a new lapdog has ascended to run the pack, it’s time to kill off all the pups of the recently toppled alpha-male. Ms. Harris is unfortunately far too vulnerable in all the wrong ways. A very nice and capable executive, but she’s now simply one more lamb to kill in the great "we're doing something" show Eisner is putting on. (P.S. Mr. Weiss had better start thinking about what show he wants to produce on Broadway as well).

As for the sudden surge in maintenance – it’s nothing but the new fiscal year budgets kicking in on October 1st. In addition to just the general maintenance funds, a lot of projects are budgeted in specific line items. Money to begin those works wasn’t released until 10/1 as well.

The parks are very much run on a use-it or loose-it state these days. And everyone knows the next round of budget cuts is but weeks away. So while the money’s there, everyone’s buying as much paint, lumber and labor hours as they possibly can. But the piggy bank will be empty again real soon.

Hey, that was pretty quick Scoop. I guess I'll have to hide my digs a little better.;)

BTW, it was Napoleon McCallum (former Navy RB), but I get the point...

At the same time, there seem to be some on this board who apparently mistake Disney with the neighborhood church...it's all about saving the souls of cineplexers and vacationeers...

Nahhh, got nothing to do with souls, just a business philosophy...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter