Change points being used (Transfer instead)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So I am hopefully getting a third contract. I am going to have points to transfer between contracts as I have two use years. If I contact Member Services will they switch out the points to those of the transferred points (which will also then be banked) or will this not be allowed.

All points are from the same resort as well.

They may not let you transfer banked points. Maybe you'll get an exception but it's one of the transfer rules that they do usually hold to even for transfers between a members own accounts. If they allowed it then they should switch the points since they are the same home resort.

if you are transferring points so you can free up points from the 2nd UY to bank them, because the ones being transferred would expire sooner, or because the points you have now fit a future vacation better, then yes, I think you will be able to do as you want,

Being the are the same resort, it shouldn’t be a problem.

When you own two use years, you can transfer points from one use year to other and then, if desired, bank the points you have transferred.

Nevertheless be aware that you will not be able to use the transferred points in a new reservation done online; you will need to call MS and thus you lose that one hour online reservation advantage. If what you want to do is instead transfer points and then use them to replace other points in an already existing reservation, that can be done by calling MS. If the original reservation was made at 11 months out, the transferred points must be for the same resort as the one reserved. If the original reservation was made at 7 months out, the transferred points can be from any DVC resort, not just the resort already reserved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter